Sign in to follow this  
The Great Drinkell

That old Wes Dilema

Now before I start this guy is one of my favourite footballers, so this is not aimed as criticism towards him.

It is my opinion that he doesn''t score enough goals ( or take enough of the chances is probably a better way of putting it) for a "number 10". He appeared to be at his best when we had Holt and Martin upfront and he was able to use his passing and creative play to set up these two "finishers" this system also tied up the two centre halves so created room for him to play. It''s time to decide do we go 2 upfront and give him a free roll, or do we use him more as an impact sub and put Pritchard in behind the lone striker.

Sorry, I cannot agree that giving Wes a free roll is going to make him play better, whether it is cheese, prawn or swiss and even if it is prepared by Delia herself.

Sure it inspired the Gallagher brothers - the first time they ordered soup in a fancy restaurant - to write " You get a roll with it!"

But Wes doesn''t play so well mid season so would probably be best with a roll neck sweater.