Sign in to follow this  
andyc24_uk

Hodgson

With Roy Hodgson hanging around the boardroom like a bad smell recently, I wonder if there''s a plan afoot to bring him in as a director of football or some other senior figure, to work with AN rather than directly replace him? It does seem like the board have invested in Neil and aren''t going to fire him, regardless of results - yet it''s painfully clear that there are areas in which he''s badly lacking. I don''t think anyone is too excited by the prospect of Hodgson as manager - but he has been there and done it all before, so perhaps having him at the club in an advisory role could be exactly the experience and wisdom Neil needs to push on and turn things around?

[quote user="andyc24_uk"]With Roy Hodgson hanging around the boardroom like a bad smell recently, I wonder if there''s a plan afoot to bring him in as a director of football or some other senior figure, to work with AN rather than directly replace him? It does seem like the board have invested in Neil and aren''t going to fire him, regardless of results - yet it''s painfully clear that there are areas in which he''s badly lacking. I don''t think anyone is too excited by the prospect of Hodgson as manager - but he has been there and done it all before, so perhaps having him at the club in an advisory role could be exactly the experience and wisdom Neil needs to push on and turn things around?[/quote]

I am not a great fan of Hodson but given his experience and track record I would have him in a flash. Although not sure that Alex Neil would be happy, he does seem to be floundering and he and the club would benefit from an ex England manager coming with authority over him .

As a DOF, it would be hard to argue against Hodgson, and potentially that type of role might suit him more based on his age and loss of England job etc.

Being perfectly honest, if the club turned round and stated it''s intentions of residing in the Champ to let AN develop a youth team in order to provide a better infrastructure in order to go up with sustainability its approach with Hodgson in some form of DOF I''d be less inclined to moan about the state of the half time pints.

Just for you Lapps

Christmas is coming

The cook is getting p1$$ed

Don''t bother writing a pressie list

When it goes tits up and you run out of wrappers

Make a quick post, you''ll get the happy clappers.

Would love him here in any capacity.

A pretty average reign as England manager aside (be honest, that is a poisoned chalice) his managerial record is very good. He has seen it all and has an absolute wealth of experience.

Whether he would come to Norwich or not is a different matter however. He was earning a reporting £3.5m a year as England manager. I imagine we would only be able to pay him a third of that. He could walk into another job in China/Middle-East and earn a lot more.

[quote user="Crafty Canary"]Just for you Lapps

Christmas is coming

The cook is getting p1$$edDon''t bother writing a pressie list

Make a quick post, you''ll get the happy clappers.[/quote]Lol CraftyChristmas is coming, the days are getting coldlighting a burning effigy, works well so I''m toldAnd please don''t forget, you''ll need a new diaper''Cos there''s nothing smells worse than an old nappy crapper.

Doesn''t matter who is manager this group of players are simply not good enough. Defence especially and in the forwards. Unless adequate reinforcements are made in January the team will struggle.

Neil certainly needs help Hodgson might be brought as Football Director to upset Neil to encourage him to resign and save on compo.

Promotion a pipe dream might be 5th but will not be in play off positions beyond 19th Nov.

lappinitup wrote the following post at 09/11/2016 4:47 PM:

Crafty Canary wrote:

Just for you Lapps

Christmas is coming The cook is getting p1$$ed

Don''t bother writing a pressie list

Make a quick post, you''ll get the happy clappers.

Lol Crafty

Christmas is coming, the days are getting cold

lighting a burning effigy, works well so I''m told

And please don''t forget, you''ll need a new diaper

''Cos there''s nothing smells worse than an old nappy crapper.

Nice try Lapps, there''s hope for you yet.