Sign in to follow this  
True Grit

Charity Event Project - get involved

Hey everybody,

As some of you may or may not know the 25,000th premier league goal was scored at the weekend.

I''ve decided to embark on a charity project - all 25,000 goals will be compiled into a single piece of video and watched in one marathon session at a venue large enough to satisfy the demand of the project.

I''ve calculated the footage of each goal will need to be 5 seconds long. I feel any shorter length of footage per goal could induce a strobe-like effect when they''re played together in sequence - this could have health and safety implications for sufferers of epilepsy.

This equates to 34.722 hours of footage, add on an intro and outro to the event and we are looking at a 37 hour running time.

I would like suggestions regarding venues and who to approach for corporate sponsorship - leave the rest up to me, I have a large circle of contacts within the game and rest assured there will be some high profile people from the Norfolk area in attendance.

Best,

TG

[quote user="lake district canary"][:D]  Good luck with that TG!

[/quote]

Thanks. Not to blow my own trumpet, but I beleive it''s a great idea.

You can hire screens at Odeon. Failing that, the UEA has some auditoriums which I assume could potentially be hired.

If the club will allow 60% of Take That to take the place over two nights running, I suggest they might be amenable to having a telethon on the pitch, simulcast live and uninterrupted on Mustard TV and BBC Radio Norfolk, and of course beamed live to people in the stands on Screeny McScreenface in the Holiday Inn Corner. The hospitality boxes would go like hot cakes I''m sure, and you could issue those silver foil blankets like they give out at the end of marathons for those hardy souls in the outdoor seats. Myleene Klass could do a piano recital as a warm-up act for The Darkness.Compères for the event could be Dion Dublin and Helen McDermott. I''ve got plenty more ideas, so if the club want to go ahead with it then feel free to get in touch and I''ll share more of my genius.

[quote user="Feedthewolf"]If the club will allow 60% of Take That to take the place over two nights running, I suggest they might be amenable to having a telethon on the pitch, simulcast live and uninterrupted on Mustard TV and BBC Radio Norfolk, and of course beamed live to people in the stands on Screeny McScreenface in the Holiday Inn Corner. The hospitality boxes would go like hot cakes I''m sure, and you could issue those silver foil blankets like they give out at the end of marathons for those hardy souls in the outdoor seats. Myleene Klass could do a piano recital as a warm-up act for The Darkness.Compères for the event could be Dion Dublin and Helen McDermott. I''ve got plenty more ideas, so if the club want to go ahead with it then feel free to get in touch and I''ll share more of my genius.[/quote]

Great input and ideas here. Initially I was thinking of a quality, but less extravagant venue - such as Dersingham village social club. but I think you''re into something here. This could be the biggest event around these parts for a long time.

Just need to find an in road to Jez. Don''t get me wrong, I have my contacts within the game but he''s not some 2 bit mug. I''m going to compose an event management plan and work out some of the logistics involved.

Watch this space.

Can''t wait to hear more about this. If for some reason the club don''t want to support the event (and I can''t for a moment imagine they wouldn''t), I believe St Andrew''s Hall has a public space for hire? You might need a few additional storage heaters, and I don''t think the AV setup is especially modern, but it''s certainly a place with an illustrious history.

Excellent idea TG, I hope you will be available for a while to provide tactical analysis of the best goals.

Obviously 37 hour program will require some breaks for food drink and toilet issues.

With your experience in this area, what sort of structure for the breaks would you recommend?

You can count on my support.

Failing doing a screening of course, why not ask if you can borrow the Carrow Road pitch and recreate every single goal yourself.

We could ask the Galway Roast to provide the refreshments...!

[quote user="AJ"]Failing doing a screening of course, why not ask if you can borrow the Carrow Road pitch and recreate every single goal yourself.

We could ask the Galway Roast to provide the refreshments...![/quote]This just reminded me of ''Phoenix from the Flames'' on Fantasy Football League. Surely with his contacts in the game, True Grit could get a few superstars to come and recreate their finest hours live on the hallowed turf? I''m thinking the likes of Maynor Figueroa, Tony Yeboah and David Hirst as a bare minimum.

I think True Grit would be perfect to host "An Evening With Glen Roeder". The small room at the back of The Vine in Dove Street would be a suitable venue. 
Always remember it''s from tiny acorns that the great oaks grow.

Sent emails out to Bernard Matthews, Mercy, Halfords, Pets at Home, Hobby Craft, Burger King, Jarretts Removals & Storage and Carpet Call re sponsorship. No responses yet as early days, but had a read receipt already off Hobby Craft.

The break schedules, toilets and all the logistics will be addressed broadly and fully in the event management plan. Every detail will be covered, rest assured on that, I don''t do things by half''s guys.

Got a busy one at the weekend at Thames Road, Concord v Poole - not going to name him but trust me there''s a kid on Concords books who''s ticking all the boxes and got a lot of people within the game talking, gotta do a full report and presentation to the consortium first thing monday. Soon as that''s out of the way PL25K becomes job one.

A major obstacle for you to overcome TG would be to acquire the rights to shows these goals to a public audience. It won''t come cheap and also any music used would need to have copyright clearance. I presume the Premier league hold the rights and we all know how greedy that are for rights! But I guess you have realised this and will be making provision for this in your plan.

[quote user="Ron Manager"]A major obstacle for you to overcome TG would be to acquire the rights to shows these goals to a public audience. It won''t come cheap and also any music used would need to have copyright clearance. I presume the Premier league hold the rights and we all know how greedy that are for rights! But I guess you have realised this and will be making provision for this in your plan.[/quote]

Yep - which is why I''m seeking sponsorship from Carpet Call, et al.

Why not get around the copyright laws by simply hiring a full symphonic orchestra to do the background music, and perhaps ask an impressionist to do the commentary. As long as they can do impressions of John Motson, Kammy, Andy Gray, Jimmy Hill etc. it should be realistic enough.

Maybe he can wear a different wig for each one in case you can''t work out who it is, could probably get them from Carpet Call as well..

I''ve had a word with the hot dog seller in Anglia Square.

He''s wanting to sponsor the South Stand on a pay monthly deal, he has said that if it helps, he will be available for the charity event for hot dogs.

He''s offering ''staff'' a large sausage for free, 10p for sachet sauce / mustard. Ask For Frank at the back of the cart.

Sorted.

Had a minor set back - Hobby Craft have pulled out. They said they would potentially get involved when the tally reaches 100,000 PL goals, but 25k isn''t high profile enough for them to offer support. Carpet Call said they will get back to me but have a job on in Ditchingham which they''re behind on, so all their resources are taken up for now.

Good news is www.euroloo.com have responded saying they will provide a high quality set of toilets for free, if they get good coverage and will offer funds if they''re the main sponsor. Gotta have a think about that one.

I''m shelving the project until after the Concord game, got too much on right now and my body is cashing cheques it can''t cash.

[quote user="True Grit"]

Good news is www.euroloo.com have responded saying they will provide a high quality set of toilets for free, if they get good coverage and will offer funds if they''re the main sponsor. Gotta have a think about that one.[/quote]You do know we have a poster on here who is a retired bog cleaner and he may be able to help out ?