Sign in to follow this  
......and Smith must score.

Delia interview

Have to say this interview put a dampener on the day, long before kick off, for me anyway. Spent all week coming to terms with the fallout of Brighton and had AN lost the dressing room or not (personally believe he has now). Have always believed the Delia and MWJ would always do their best by the club.

But the content of the interview (even allowing for some poetic stretching by the interviewer) left me feeling pretty dismayed before leaving for Carrow Road, to say she will not consider any bids is totally disrespectful to fans, and to say wants to keep a manager for 10 years, suggests she is losing it, we know she lives in an idealistic world, a lot of which would be lovely, but highly unlikely, have to question her sanity, i get the need to involve the nephew, but surely he has to be made to earn any inheritance as big and as important as her football club?.

Going a bit like Dave Whelan and Wigan, and that doesn''t sit well for the longer term.

Giving full and proper consideration to potential investors has to be in the clubs best interest of the club LDC, if after doing so proposals are rejected then fair enough.

We don''t know if it will be in the best interests of the club will we ldc cause no enquiries are welcome are they.If you think we will emerge from this better I sure hope you are right but I doubt it somehow.It just smacks of ''I know best and to hell with the rest of you'' but only time will tell I guess.

Of cause there isn''t but there would be little point if it''s made perfectly clear it won''t be considered.

If it wasn`t for Lamber Norwich would have gone bankruptcy.

I don`t care if AN leaves ore not. Whn you know Delia and co was lloking for a new manager all over Europe and found NA then the future is not looking bright.

[quote user="lake district canary"]For me, continuity is the single most impotant factor in the success of a club.  So long term owners and a long term manager is always the aim.  AN is struggling atm, but the measure of any man is how he gets through that.  If he can sort out the present problems, then he will be a better manager for it.  Stick with Delia, stick with AN and we will emege the better for it. 

[/quote]Ahh, if only we''d stuck with Chris Hughton, we''d have been Brighton by now.[Y]

We''ll it we got to the situation where the shareholders voted to accept the offer only to be outvoted by your two wicked people then I''d be right beside you.

You do know Nutty that majority shareholders don''t have to disclose interest in someone informally making a tentative offer, all other shares have a tag along option, so if they decide to sell you are forced to sell at the price set per share!

I don''t believe they are leagally obliged to tell minor share holders anything.

Just experienced this in a company I was recently part off.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="lake district canary"]For me, continuity is the single most impotant factor in the success of a club.  So long term owners and a long term manager is always the aim.  AN is struggling atm, but the measure of any man is how he gets through that.  If he can sort out the present problems, then he will be a better manager for it.  Stick with Delia, stick with AN and we will emege the better for it.  [/quote]Ahh, if only we''d stuck with Chris Hughton, we''d have been Brighton by now.[Y][/quote]

Who knows?   In jest that post may be, but the argument for having someone like Hughton was to have him for several years. It was a good aim - and continuity in the form of one long term manager, is something a club like ours would definitely benefit from.  Ups and downs there will always be, we are a yo yo club, after all.  The presure in the PL was too much, as it was last season.  That didn''t make Hughton a bad manager...and imo it doesn''t make AN a bad manager either.   He''s got his work cut out, but we would do well to let him sort out the players imo. 

If somebody is only interested enough to make a tentative enquiry they''re not very interested are they Indy. Look what happens at other clubs. If they''re serious they could go public or to minor shareholders. The idea that such people are shrinking violets is nothing but a cool story...

The problem AN has got Lakey is lack of respect from his players, they are not into his management process at present and appear not to give a full 100%.

He''s not a big name, never played at a high level so it''s a real challenge for a young manager like him to win over players who don''t want to be here.

Pretty sure Brady and others not buying into this at the moment would be if Rafa was in charge here.

He should never have been given this job off one season managing Hamilton!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]JF - surely there''s nothing to stop someone making an offer for D&Ms shares whatever the succession plan is?[/quote]Well if i wanted to buy into a company or take it over i would want to look at the books first and see how the company operates but it appears it would never get to that stage as far as NCFC is concerned.

That''s bull nutty the minor shareholders can do bugger all so why would they bother or go public? Even a full offer can be turned away without anyone knowing a shred about it.

Cullum went public and got crucified by you, yet he wanted to pump in 20 million for some of the shares which Delia paid a reported £700,000 (initial 42%).

You me or anyone won''t ever know, only those who have approached and been turned away and Delia know.

What''s your view on Delia getting that independent agent to find investment or a buyer told to us fans, now looking like a load of bull?

TIL1010

Well if i wanted to buy into a company or take it over i would want to look at the books first and see how the company operates but it appears it would never get to that stage as far as NCFC is concerned.

Exactly that Tilly, an agreement in principle on a valuation would trigger you being allowed access to such information, but if the Majority shareholders are not interested it simply doesn''t happen.

We went through it with a business i was involved in back in 2014, took 10 months before a valuation of shares was reached, and that was only because the majority shareholders were prepared to listen.

And if you were turned away youd just tug your forelock and gently stroll down Carrow Road whistling Dixon of Dock Green.

Somehow, on all known form, I don''t think so....

Point of order Indy, Cullum never put an offer on the table or so we are told but offered up a few million for players but if relegated he wanted it back.

Til it was mentioned by those close to Cullum to be a staggered 5 million in four lots, it was for a reported 20 % of their share holding or to be paid back in full if promotion was achieved.

And yes it never made the table but we now know why, because Delia never wanted to let go.

[quote user="Indy"]That''s bull nutty the minor shareholders can do bugger all so why would they bother or go public? Even a full offer can be turned away without anyone knowing a shred about it.

Cullum went public and got crucified by you, yet he wanted to pump in 20 million for some of the shares which Delia paid a reported £700,000 (initial 42%).

You me or anyone won''t ever know, only those who have approached and been turned away and Delia know.

What''s your view on Delia getting that independent agent to find investment or a buyer told to us fans, now looking like a load of bull?[/quote]What has changed since trying to find a buyer/investor is nephew tom becoming available to take the reins.We can hound out a manager but not the owner.Delia is clinging onto power and will not sell. End of story.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="lake district canary"]For me, continuity is the single most impotant factor in the success of a club.  So long term owners and a long term manager is always the aim.  AN is struggling atm, but the measure of any man is how he gets through that.  If he can sort out the present problems, then he will be a better manager for it.  Stick with Delia, stick with AN and we will emege the better for it.  [/quote]Ahh, if only we''d stuck with Chris Hughton, we''d have been Brighton by now.[Y][/quote]

Who knows?   In jest that post may be, but the argument for having someone like Hughton was to have him for several years. It was a good aim - and continuity in the form of one long term manager, is something a club like ours would definitely benefit from.  Ups and downs there will always be, we are a yo yo club, after all.  The presure in the PL was too much, as it was last season.  That didn''t make Hughton a bad manager...and imo it doesn''t make AN a bad manager either.   He''s got his work cut out, but we would do well to let him sort out the players imo. 

[/quote]I didn''t say he was and I''m firmly of the opinion that form eventually returns to the mean given enough time, but the reality is that waiting for a turn in the road before issuing the P45 is seldom an option for the owners once a manager comes under pressure.

Cullum made no offer to buy the club.

You keep telling me I''m talking bull Indy but you never answer my points with any facts.

I don''t know how many shares you need to call an EGM but Harry Serruys definitely got the keys to st Andrews hall long before Tilly. I know because I was there.

The idea that people just walk away is quite frankly pathetic. If Delia is doing something that''s harmful to our club us good old Norfolk boys won''t ignore it. Neither will we just sit in the warm posting on here.

My buddy Tilly does appear to have become a forelock tugger but that could be his age. ..

What points Nutty, you just side step every response as a politician would.

I never said he made an offer as it never got that far, but a proposal was certainly put to the board, still side step that too.

What about my question do you think Delia deceptive in her statement about getting in an agent to find outside investment when in reality it was never going to get past her not considering it, so why say it?

Bowkett was a employee given the job by Delia, I''m pretty sure he wouldn''t have instigated this, it would have been Delia, what was the agency we reported to have instructed can''t remember now, or do you think he went behind her back?

I expect Bowkett is part of the conspiracy that includes all the people who wanted to buy the club. Delia probably threatened them all with her rolling pin.

Nice swerve again Nutty.

I get your view and that''s great, you''re a good fan of everything Norwich, and in reality it''ll never change, they are the owners and can do with Norwich what they like, I''ve said it many times, all we can do is vote with our feet if we feel that strongly.

Cool, I''m knackered and bored with discussing the same shite over and over, we have different opinions mine is of an owner who did her bit, but has over egged her worth, I keep hearing she''s invested nearly 11 million of her own money but I have never seen anyone really confirm this from the accounts, all I''ve ever seen was 700,000 for the initial shares, 3.5 million in loans which were repaid or turned into shares and 1.5 millions n on kitchens!

Good on her, her return is 20 years of ownership of our club and all that goes with it, so why should she not a Norwich girl, never lived here give it away at her cost value? It''s hers to do as she wants and Tom gets to play with it next.......

That''s the simple way it is.

I love you Nutty, I genuinely think you''re unique and a very nice guy, just have a different expectation and outlook to me.

[quote user="Indy"]...it was for a reported 20 % of their share holding or to be paid back in full if promotion was achieved.[/quote]Peter Cullum''s actual words......."As I''ve always said it''s not my intention to buy Delia''s shares." (EDP interview July 3rd, 2008).