Sign in to follow this  
......and Smith must score.

Delia interview

Smith confirmed they intend to pass their majority shareholding to their nephew in the future.

“The supporters will be very disappointed to hear that. But no way will we sell. We don’t even listen to any enquiries,” she said. “Our nephew, Tom, is now a board director. He’s 35. He’s a very good board director. He’s a very passionate Norwich City supporter and he will be the recipient of our shares.”

[quote user="vlad666"]Smith confirmed they intend to pass their majority shareholding to their nephew in the future.

“The supporters will be very disappointed to hear that. But no way will we sell. We don’t even listen to any enquiries,” she said. “Our nephew, Tom, is now a board director. He’s 35. He’s a very good board director. He’s a very passionate Norwich City supporter and he will be the recipient of our shares.”[/quote]I am sure you will get a bite. [;)]

Now the issue I now begin to wonder about is, that when Tom become majority shareholder (which will happen) who else will join him on the board? He will be replacing two directors, and it would be sensible to bring another person with business acumen on to the board, and preferably not another Stephen Fry type appointement.

Young Tom is now negotiating with Cilla''s Cup Cake Company to sponsor The South/Jarrold/Galway Roast Stand

[quote user="vlad666"]Smith confirmed they intend to pass their majority shareholding to their nephew in the future.

“The supporters will be very disappointed to hear that. But no way will we sell. We don’t even listen to any enquiries,” she said. “Our nephew, Tom, is now a board director. He’s 35. He’s a very good board director. He’s a very passionate Norwich City supporter and he will be the recipient of our shares.”[/quote]

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I have my suspicions that Bowkett was made aware of this last December just after being voted back on the board, that could be why he decided the time was right to get out.

The big point from this interview is that Delia and MWJ are going to use our club to take a stance against the big money in the game, whether it''s in our best interests or ofherwise. Some may be happy with that, others will not. It might have been nice to be consulted.

We have moved a long way from searching for investment as custodians of the fans!

The comments on Neil and the fans whining are depressing.

I''m not overly fussed about young Tom, as its their money to do with what they think suits their interests best, however the following statements made me smile;

Fans should be looked after and worshipped, its not fair for fans.

Fans wont like our plans but tough Shat, gonna do it any way

mmmm

King canary

Neil and his squad aim to bounce back from last weekend’s humiliating 5-0 defeat at Brighton when they face Leeds United on Saturday at Carrow Road.

Smith and Wynn Jones, in a wide-ranging interview covering their passion for the Canaries, which they will eventually hand over to nephew and director Tom Smith, and the state of English football, told the Times Neil can count on their full support.

The pair revealed they visited the away dressing room at the Amex Stadium last weekend to offer their backing to Neil following the heaviest defeat of his managerial career.

“Alex was devastated,” said Wynn Jones. “We really believe in him. He can be (intense) but he’s an absolute charmer. He’s really intelligent.”

Smith added: “My dream is to have a manager for ten years. If we could do that it would be wonderful. If I had my way now I’d give him all the time he needs. I would. But you see in football, now . . . we’re fourth, and they (fans) want us out. And him out. We’re fourth. It’s amazing.”

Smith confirmed they intend to pass their majority shareholding to their nephew in the future.

“The supporters will be very disappointed to hear that. But no way will we sell. We don’t even listen to any enquiries,” she said. “Our nephew, Tom, is now a board director. He’s 35. He’s a very good board director. He’s a very passionate Norwich City supporter and he will be the recipient of our shares.”

Smith is in no doubt the vast sums of money fuelling the Premier League is changing the game.

“Football in England is not looked after,” she says. “You could put all the problems back to the creation of the Premier League. There’s all that Premier League money washing into people’s pockets and going back out to Europe, not into here because we’re buying foreign players.

“I fear that (the game is losing its soul). I really do feel for supporters. They’re treated so badly. They book their hotel rooms and get cheap prices for their travel tickets in advance. Bang. Oh, that game’s not on that day any more. The average age of a supporter goes up and up. Families have to share a season ticket: one child can go one week, and another the next because they can’t afford it. I’d love to see supporters worshipped and respected because otherwise it’s going to end up on television.”

[quote user="lappinitup"]Evolution not revolution it is then. Good. Let other clubs sell their souls to the devil.....[/quote]This ^^^.  Our club is in good hands.   So it''s self sufficiency and prudence with ambition......long live the evolution! [:D]

Sing up the Barclay and snake pit to the tune of Bowie''s ''Space Oddity''......

"Carrow Road to Nephew Tom, take your inheritance then do one."

Walking man makes a good point.

Who will join Tom to run an establishment in a multi million pound industry?

What business acumen can he bring to the board?

What evidence do we have on any previous commercial success?

He''ll sell up....

On a side note, what personal wealth or assets does Nephew Tom bring to the party, and what impact could this have on the club if another ''Huckerby'' moment came up, but he doesn''t have the contacts or finances to make it happen?

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]On a side note, what personal wealth or assets does Nephew Tom bring to the party, and what impact could this have on the club if another ''Huckerby'' moment came up, but he doesn''t have the contacts or finances to make it happen?[/quote]

What makes you so sure he doesn''t have the contacts?

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]On a side note, what personal wealth or assets does Nephew Tom bring to the party, and what impact could this have on the club if another ''Huckerby'' moment came up, but he doesn''t have the contacts or finances to make it happen?[/quote]

No doubt he will have access to the DS/MJW contacts book.  He''ll also learn from them on the job over he next few years, as they show no signs of retiring or moving on - and why should they......