Sign in to follow this  
bringbackchippy

SNAKE PIT ATMOSPHERE! or not

The Snake Pit used to be full of boisterous, loud, in your face lads, all rushing down to the front when we scored to greet the scorer, giving the stewards a hell of a time! The atmosphere was brilliant.

Problem was after a pathetic long drawn out enquiry into alleged incidents at a certain home game, a lot of those lads got wrongly banned, letting shirties and wig wearing numpties to infiltrate and take the vacant seats, thinking they had made it and were the dogs bol..cks.

Now the shirties want to sing OTBC (wrongly) about 20 times a game or Ye army, the existing Snake Pitters are fed up with it, the songs are repetative crap, thats why the atmophere in the ground has died, the Snakepit died years ago!

I like your style. Post gets ignored on another thread even after bumping it yourself, so you start a new thread.

Clever thinking chippy

Well I can say that there''s a group of three young guys who stand the entire game in the lower Barclay and all they do is on their phones all game.

Gambling no doubt, no time for the game.

It''s definitely worse and I doubt with the current comfortable nature of the club it won''t improve.

Surely it''s better some fans than none. And if you''re so concerned with the atmosphere why don''t you generate some yourself instead of sitting on your ar5e moaning about it on a football forum. Whenever I go and wherever I sit, drunk or sober, I''ll make a racket.

I as a scout need to be alert at all times, analysing every subtle nuance and idiosyncrasy of a number of players, in real time - do you think I''m able to do this at a high level if I have a bunch of yobs, charged up on high velocity energy drinks (and other even less wholesome substances) mucking about, running amok and mobilising their selves to the front every time the ball goes into the box?

Not everything''s about you Gritty. Besides, I thought you''d have access to ''All Areas'' and could sit where you desired including the executive suite? Surely the field of vision from such lofty heights would help you to identify targets easier and the warmth from the central heating (at this time of year especially) would aid in keeping your digits pliable to maintain maximum velocity on your Bic and Moleskin?

[quote user="Barking Mad Barclay Boy"]what team do you scout for? please dont say norwich[/quote]

a well established FL72 club, which I cannot name due to contractual obligations.

[quote user="Morgan"]Not everything''s about you Gritty. Besides, I thought you''d have access to ''All Areas'' and could sit where you desired including the executive suite? Surely the field of vision from such lofty heights would help you to identify targets easier and the warmth from the central heating (at this time of year especially) would aid in keeping your digits pliable to maintain maximum velocity on your Bic and Moleskin?[/quote]

Quite the opposite. Being a scout is about blending into your surroundings, and not drawing attention to yourself. I often have to method scout in order to keep as low profile as possible. You think Concord are going to want to see the likes of me at Thames Road on Saturday, compiling a report on their most talented prospect?

[quote user="bringbackchippy"]Grit youre full of sh.t, now jog on and get youre own thread if you want to talk bol..cks![/quote]

Well you won''t be invited to PL25K, that''s for certain.

I often wonder where all the Snake Pit so called fans are when we have a Cup game at CR and they have to pay to see the game Why its always empty

[quote user="King Crimson"]True Grit is easy to find.

Just ask loudly if anyone knows a certain "Tom Cavendish" and his left eye will twitch. Definite poker tell.[/quote]

Toms credentials speak for themselves. The guy checks out. End of.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]I have heard from a very reliable source that the Snake Pit is to be renamed the "Earwig Enclosure"......FACT![/quote]

Is that because they Will be singing ''ear wi go, ear we go, ear we go''?

True grit is also king crimson , bor bor bor and mr chops, I find the TG character quite entertaining the person behind those posters is a very clever writer, hats off... unfortunately a bit of a left wing we know best luvvie but it takes all sorts...

To be fair, if you force a load of supporters to sit in a pit full of snakes, what sort of atmosphere do you think you''d get?!

Snake Pit''s in Crisis...