Sign in to follow this  
Midlands Yellow

The American dream

I Think Clinton would have won if she her left her husband at home !

Old Bill stood there grinning a man who lied to the American people over his affairs and was proved in court not to have told the truth

not really the best advert

[quote user="A Load of Squit"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="A Load of Squit"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="A Load of Squit"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="lake district canary"]It''s been a shameful few months for democracy.

[/quote]There is nothing shameful about Democracy. It is what it is and merely reflects the will of the majority.What is shameful however is the losing side attempting to subvert and second guess the result because their views failed to carry the day.[/quote]

Didn''t Clinton get more votes that Trump?

[/quote]I am sure you are aware of how the system works in USA.[/quote]

Yes, so you agree that you definition isn''t correct in this case.

[/quote]Not at all, the President is elected by Electoral College votes and Trump won by a convincing majority.[/quote]

This doesn''t make you original statement correct.You are allowed to get things wrong, we won''t think any less of you.

[/quote]I didn''t make the rules.Take it up with the Founding Fathers or get Gina Miller to petition the Supreme Court[:D]

The high horse identity you tried to create with political elitism and censorship is crumbling around you

Must be terrifying reading the guardian and feeling like a dinosaur

In 2017, we take our country back. It''s not about white or black or Asian or mixed race, bisexual, dog, parrot it''s about BRITAIN. It''s about being British.

It''s not nationalism, it''s not fascism, it''s something new and it''s something you can''t comprehend. Normal decent people won''t be told we are animals anymore.

Boring Buh.I''m just an average bloke who doesn''t pretend his country is bigger and more powerful than it actually is, and is comfortable in where it stands. Knows it''s limits and strengths and is happy working alongside other countries to try and make this world a little bit of a better place to live. Not scared of foreigners and foreign things, and want to live in a country where people aren''t scared of being foreign.I want my country back[Y]

It''s amazing that the popular vote is suddenly so important.

The popular vote won Brexit, yet people overlook that fact.

If you want to acknowledge the popular vote, what about UKIP getting 3 times as many votes as the SNP, yet only one MP compared to SNPs 56?

To put it into perspective, UKIP got 2 million+ more votes than SNP out of a possible 30million. That''s just under 10% of the total votes.

Clinton got less than 200,000 more votes than Trump out of a possible 100 million. That''s just 0.2% of the total votes.

Im not a Trump, or Clinton, or UKIP fan but I find it a bit strange to claim Clinton should have won because she had a tiny percentage more votes than Trump, especially when you look at our won system

The Clinton camp thought they were invincible with all the TV stations with the exception of Fox News all backing Clinton. The newspapers of any note namely the Washington Post, LA Times, New York Times with massive circulation all backing Clinton. Wall Street and all the large banks Goldman Sachs etc wanting Clinton to win,

None of them had the foresight to realise that the US was fed up with the Washington Political scene, Obama care which was a disaster also 30 to 40 years of the Clintons crooked corrupt regime. The FBI in the hands of the Obama government suppose ably went through 600000 emails in 36 hours. All this played into Trumps hands.

Whether he can do what he says is another thing but he can do no worse than the Obama/Clinton regime

Welcome to the new age Herman, I can''t believe you have such an unambitious view of the future of the country. It''s so heartening that you are wrong.

The cup of collective bullshit hath runneth over. Watch what Europe does next. We won''t need a hairdresser to stop us leaving Europe.

[quote user="VanWink"]"fuelled by racism and bigotry"

What do you actually mean by that?

I voted for Brexit but don''t recognise your characterisation.[/quote]

Key words are "fuelled by" ie. not everyone who voted out was a racist but a good number were and that won it for the Brexit side. Without the racists, remain wins handily.

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]Do you have any facts or figures to back that up?

Nope, didn''t think so...[/quote]Over half a million voted BNP last election. They haven''t just disappeared. EDL, Britain First, UKIP. A few million to tip the balance??

[quote user="Herman"][quote user="Rogue Baboon"]Do you have any facts or figures to back that up?

Nope, didn''t think so...[/quote]Over half a million voted BNP last election. They haven''t just disappeared. EDL, Britain First, UKIP. A few million to tip the balance??[/quote]Thats democracy.You can''t just have it when it suits.

I wouldn''t guess a lot of the people who claim to be part, or supporters of those groups are members of the others.

For example, BNP got 1600 votes in the 2015 election, not 500,000. That was 2010. You can pretty much guarantee they are now UKIP supporters. Also EDL and BF supporters also probably voted UKIP. So that accounts for maybe 1/7 of the UKIP support in 2015. Are the other 3million also racists?

[quote user="Herman"]And living in a democracy means we can criticise it and its results.[/quote]Whine all you like.But lay off people who died to give you that right, stopping people who want to take away that freedom.

Come on look, it''s Hermans party and he''ll cry if he wants to, you would cry too if it happened to you..

[quote user="JF"]Come on look, it''s Hermans party and he''ll cry if he wants to, you would cry too if it happened to you..[/quote]Yes,mate. The world looks so good at the moment, what''s not to worry about??

What is there to worry about? You seem to be worrying about things that haven''t happened yet and likely will never happen. The sun will continue to rise in the morning and the world will turn as it has done for a few billion years before Brexit and trump

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Herman"]And living in a democracy means we can criticise it and its results.[/quote]Whine all you like.But lay off people who died to give you that right, stopping people who want to take away that freedom.[/quote][Y] Can''t believe the levels of disrespect Herman has displayed on here this evening.I''d suggest he go off-line for a few weeks while he undergoes some intense therapy for his wide range of mental aberrations [Y]

Keep that deflection up.Perhaps we can have some kind of lefty sulking day tomorrow, rather than honour fallen soldiers, what with how horrible Farage is, being so much more important than folks who died.

[quote user="JF"]What is there to worry about? You seem to be worrying about things that haven''t happened yet and likely will never happen. The sun will continue to rise in the morning and the world will turn as it has done for a few billion years before Brexit and trump[/quote]The sun may continue to rise, but Herman''s world will never be the same again. 

Maybe you shouldn''t support feckers like him and I wouldn''t sulk. And maybe you should go and read properly what I wrote rather than get sulky yourself.

We got through eight years of Thatcher and Reagan during the Cold War. We will get through four years of May and Trump.

Though I really hope he does try to grab her by her pussy so she can kick the sh*t out of him and then have a really awkward press conference afterwards.

[quote user="Herman"]Maybe you shouldn''t support feckers like him and I wouldn''t sulk. And maybe you should go and read properly what I wrote rather than get sulky yourself.[/quote]Jesus Christ, are you about 9 years old?Who said I support him?In case you haven''t noticed my issue is you trivialising the death of a few thousand innocent people.