Sign in to follow this  
Midlands Yellow

The American dream

[quote user="Midlands Yellow"]Or will it be a nightmare ? Good luck Donald and wear your best wig for the swearing in .[/quote]

When Trump has finished draining the swamp of American lefties, the same is going to happen here. Delia be warned.

Gotta say, I love the surprise on the mainstream medias face

Maybe if they left their metropolitan studios they''d actually find out what normal people think

Can''t wait for the BBC to cal the next general election for Jeremy Corbyn, only for him to get 4 seats.

The revolution continues

The BBC have been that busy telling us about how bad Trump is that they forgot to mention a) the people he was appealing to and how they felt and b) how disliked Clinton, the Obama establishment and the whole US political establishment were

djc" wrote ]At least the USA now win the award for most stupid voting of 2016

Amazing how 60 million US citizens voted for D Trump they must be all stupid like the majority of Brits who voted to leave the EU

Perhaps you''re the stupid one

What you''re seeing in both our countries is a back lash against the political correct nonsense that if we''re not careful will destroy our own cultures and identities.

The American public were given a choice of two awful candidates. Nearly half the population didn''t vote. More voted for Clinton than Trump, but not where it counted. He won but with a thin majority making a mockery of the perception of a mandate.

The world won''t end and people want a change, whether choosing those the candidate expounding hatred and no clear plan brings the change they think they voted for or any real improvement only time will tell.

The next 6 months will be interesting, challenging and volatile. As the youth have an over tendency to exclaim what a time to be alive.

"daly"

Amazing how 60 million US citizens voted for D Trump they must be all stupid like the majority of Brits who voted to leave the EU

Nope. It just proves there''s a lot of stupid, angry, people out there, that''ll vote for anything for changes sake.

[quote user="Herman"]"daly"

Nope. It just proves there''s a lot of stupid, angry, people out there, that''ll vote for anything for changes sake.[/quote]Thats democracy though, isn''t it?And I find the comparison between Brexit and Trump a really, really odd one.I can easily see the logic of people wanting to leave the EU, but am struggling to see what people see in Trump, that made them want him to be the most powerful man in the world. His entire campaign was based on absolutely nothing, other than doing Clinton down. For the record I''m no fan of hers either, I liken the election to having to choose between a punch in the face, or a kick in the balls.

It''s very similar. People voted for change and if that meant ignoring any sensible argument then so be it. A hell of a lot of people went through with both without thinking of the consequences.

[quote user="Herman"]It''s very similar. People voted for change and if that meant ignoring any sensible argument then so be it. A hell of a lot of people went through with both without thinking of the consequences.[/quote]Its only similar to you because you didn''t want Brexit.

It''s similar because it''s a vote against the political establishment.

Clinton tried to appeal to women, ethnic minorities and so on and forgot the largest portion of the electorate which Trump went for. Faced with another 4 years of Clinton (and 24 out of 32 under a Clinton or Bush) that portion of the electorate voted for a change of direction and establishment

Although it''s worth adding that despite Trumps anti-Mexican rhetoric, he actually gained more Hispanic votes than Romney did years ago. Just how he won Florida we will never know...

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]It''s similar because it''s a vote against the political establishment.

Clinton tried to appeal to women, ethnic minorities and so on and forgot the largest portion of the electorate which Trump went for. Faced with another 4 years of Clinton (and 24 out of 32 under a Clinton or Bush) that portion of the electorate voted for a change of direction and establishment

Although it''s worth adding that despite Trumps anti-Mexican rhetoric, he actually gained more Hispanic votes than Romney did years ago. Just how he won Florida we will never know...[/quote]Similar maybe, but stupid.Yes Brexit was risky, but from a personal point of view I voted based on my personal opinions, but can also fully understand why people didn''t want to risk change.I am struggling to understand why Trump, a mysoginist, xenephobic, racist, greedy businessman is somehow voting against the establishment.Taking it on a purely simplistic view, at least Clinton has some experience of government.Voting him in is the equivalent of us voting for Farage as Prime Minister, even we aren''t that stupid.

You would think Clinton would be the obvious choice.

But it''s clear that she was disliked in America more than was made out here where we focused on how bad Trump was - and we clearly underestimated how strong that dislike was. I saw an exit poll which suggested that 25% of voters voted against the person they disliked more- 25%!

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]You would think Clinton would be the obvious choice.

But it''s clear that she was disliked in America more than was made out here where we focused on how bad Trump was - and we clearly underestimated how strong that dislike was. I saw an exit poll which suggested that 25% of voters voted against the person they disliked more- 25%![/quote]Thats modern politics though, and we have seen this reflected in our own elections. You vote for who you hate the least.I''m just amazed that Trump was hated more than Clinton. I have just returned from the US, where I watched a lot of his rallies. Cringeworthy doesn''t even begin to cover it.And this sums the man up for me.

I agree, I don''t see how anyone could vote for the guy. And a change candidate? He is a property tycoon with is own jet- not sure how that appeals to redundant steelworkers in Pittsburgh but there you go. Some people just make mystifyingly odd decisions. Like signing Tony Andreu. The world is strange place indeed.........maybe Asimov is right and we''d be better off being told what to do by an AI Google algorithm inside a Marilyn Monroe mannequin.

It''s the way of a frightened, insecure world, which wants its own identity and security.

At least Trump isn''t as dangerous as Clinton, she was ready to have a conflict with Russia instead of working with Russia to give back control of Syria to its government.

I''m not saying Trump is a great option but both candidates were bloody awful, how did the American public actual get to that point of only having this choice!

[quote user="daly"]djc" wrote ]At least the USA now win the award for most stupid voting of 2016

Perhaps you''re the stupid one[/quote]hahaha. People also voted for hitler

[quote user="Barking Mad Barclay Boy"]Main Discussion - Norwich City[/quote]Other threads are available.

[quote user="Barking Mad Barclay Boy"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Barking Mad Barclay Boy"]Main Discussion - Norwich City[/quote]Other threads are available.[/quote]

Other threads are available.[/quote]Great stuff[Y]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Herman"]It''s very similar. People voted for change and if that meant ignoring any sensible argument then so be it. A hell of a lot of people went through with both without thinking of the consequences.[/quote]Its only similar to you because you didn''t want Brexit.[/quote]

Both wins were fuelled by racism and bigotry. In what way can you not see the similarities?