Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

Lafferty

No, but it''s one goal. I think he''s earned a chance to get some more game time with it but I don''t expect much to come of it.

By no means do I think Jerome *deserves* to be dropped, or that Lafferty or Oliveira particularly *deserve* to start.

I do however believe we could do with trying a different approach as at the moment Jerome spends of lot of time doing a whole bunch of running and not much else.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Who honestly thinks Jerome can keep this up for 6 months and another 30 games without it taking it''s toll on him ?[/quote]

I don''t. He looked tired the other week.

And more worryingly if he does lead the line for another 30 games it will mean we haven''t upgraded to a much needed forward and we won''t be getting promotion.

To give Laffertys goal some context - Azerbaijan couldn''t score past flapper McGovern. Most Championship standard players have no problem doing this - even from 35 yards.

[quote user="can u sit down please"][quote user="TIL 1010"]Who honestly thinks Jerome can keep this up for 6 months and another 30 games without it taking it''s toll on him ?[/quote]

I don''t. He looked tired the other week.

And more worryingly if he does lead the line for another 30 games it will mean we haven''t upgraded to a much needed forward and we won''t be getting promotion.[/quote]Jez Moxey said in his most recent interview that there will be no panic buys in January so it could be a long winter as far as upgrading strikers and central defenders are concerned.

[quote user="FCC"]To give Laffertys goal some context - Azerbaijan couldn''t score past flapper McGovern. Most Championship standard players have no problem doing this - even from 35 yards.[/quote]Oh so Lafferty''s no good because Azerbaijan couldn''t score past flapper McGovern.Jesus, I''ve heard some twisted logic in my time but that beats everything

[quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="FCC"]To give Laffertys goal some context - Azerbaijan couldn''t score past flapper McGovern. Most Championship standard players have no problem doing this - even from 35 yards.[/quote]Oh so Lafferty''s no good because Azerbaijan couldn''t score past flapper McGovern.Jesus, I''ve heard some twisted logic in my time but that beats everything[/quote]The comment is entirely in context, as we were discussing the standard of Azerbaijan.

Not panicking at all just stating what has been blindingly obvious to the vast majority of fans as far as a centre back and striker is concerned for over a year. If you don''t think Klose needs a competent partner beside him and we do not need a 20 goal striker as well as Jerome that is laughable.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Not panicking at all just stating what has been blindingly obvious to the vast majority of fans as far as a centre back and striker is concerned for over a year. If you don''t think Klose needs a competent partner beside him and we do not need a 20 goal striker as well as Jerome that is laughable.[/quote]You''re laughable.

I think we''re OK for goals upfront but we lack any flexibility. At the moment if a team is dealing well with a bigger, stronger centre back but looks vulnerable to pace we can''t really change things up front. All we need is a loanee with a bit of pace to add another dimension to our attack.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="TIL 1010"]Not panicking at all just stating what has been blindingly obvious to the vast majority of fans as far as a centre back and striker is concerned for over a year. If you don''t think Klose needs a competent partner beside him and we do not need a 20 goal striker as well as Jerome that is laughable.[/quote]You''re laughable.

[/quote]Great response.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="morty"][quote user="TIL 1010"]Not panicking at all just stating what has been blindingly obvious to the vast majority of fans as far as a centre back and striker is concerned for over a year. If you don''t think Klose needs a competent partner beside him and we do not need a 20 goal striker as well as Jerome that is laughable.[/quote]You''re laughable.

[/quote]Great response.[/quote]Cheers, I thought so[Y]

Good grief, our goalkeeper keeps a clean sheet and our striker scores, what''s there to moan about!

[quote user="ec-p"]Good grief, our goalkeeper keeps a clean sheet and our striker scores, what''s there to moan about![/quote]People will always find something[;)]

Not sure players form in international football (whatever the standard) really relates to our domestic league. It tends to be a slower pace, and there are a lot of one sided games in qualifying.

Add in the different tactics and team mates, and I start to think even Julian Brellier could have passed as a half decent midfielder in a good French side.

can u sit down please wrote the following post at 13/11/2016 1:24 PM:

"I was speaking to someone who watched Canos play in the Checkatrade trophy game and he said he can see exactly why Canos isn''t getting a game."

"Tittle tattle. A stick to beat our recruitment team with. "

Indeed cusdp, I hate this sort of denegration of our players. He''s a young man ffs, we should be getting behind him not slagging him off.

Anyone that''s played will know how hard it is to shine in one game after sitting out 5/6, regardless of the opp.

In the previous rounds he has shone, do they cancel out the one "iffy" game?

The only way we can and should judge would be after he has a run of 5/6 games.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="FCC"]To give Laffertys goal some context - Azerbaijan couldn''t score past flapper McGovern. Most Championship standard players have no problem doing this - even from 35 yards.[/quote]Oh so Lafferty''s no good because Azerbaijan couldn''t score past flapper McGovern.Jesus, I''ve heard some twisted logic in my time but that beats everything[/quote]The comment is entirely in context, as we were discussing the standard of Azerbaijan.[/quote]So on that basis then Lafferty is a far better striker than Jerome.Lafferty = 1 goal in 10 minutes in the last 4 games for NCFCJerome = 0 goals in 360 minutes in the last 4 games for NCFC

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Not panicking at all just stating what has been blindingly obvious to the vast majority of fans as far as a centre back and striker is concerned for over a year. If you don''t think Klose needs a competent partner beside him and we do not need a 20 goal striker as well as Jerome that is laughable.[/quote]Jerome has 4 yellow cards so far, one more and he''s out for a game.But of course we don''t need another striker, or Lafferty, because we''ve got the prolific Oliveira [;)]

[quote user="can u sit down please"]"I was speaking to someone who watched Canos play in the Checkatrade trophy game and he said he can see exactly why Canos isn''t getting a game."

Tittle tattle. A stick to beat our recruitment team with.[/quote]No not "made up itk" rubbish at all.Someones opinion, seen with their own eyes.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]"I was speaking to someone who watched Canos play in the Checkatrade trophy game and he said he can see exactly why Canos isn''t getting a game."

Tittle tattle. A stick to beat our recruitment team with.[/quote]Oh and did you watch him in the previous rounds? Or is that just tittle tattle?

I''ve got a bite......haha

"Carlton Morris opened the scoring on 11 minutes after good work by CANOS sent Oliveira away. Nelson''s pass put Morris in and he finished powerfully from inside the area, into the roof of the net."

"That all important third goal of the game went to City though on 63 minutes. CANOS'' shot made it past the Dons keeper for a tap in for Oliveira."

Who''s your friend? Stevie wonder? He certainly isn''t a scout.

Football is all about opinions but of course around these parts there is only one opinion on NCFC that counts.

To be fair I doubt anyone would complain if Lafferty came in and scored 15 goals this season, its more that based on every available statistic and piece of history available it''s unlikely to be the case.

[quote user="hogesar"]To be fair I doubt anyone would complain if Lafferty came in and scored 15 goals this season, its more that based on every available statistic and piece of history available it''s unlikely to be the case.[/quote]Exactly[Y]

For those who snub scoring against Azerbaijan, I recommend to take a look at the NI-group: after 4 games Azerbaijan stands 3rd with 7 points after having beaten Norway and drawing the Czech team away without conceding a single goal in their first three games! Judging by those results, a 4-0 win seems to be pretty decent.