Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

Lafferty

[quote user="VanWink"]We all know he is total dross and undeserving of any serious consideration.😀[/quote]You keep saying that and he keeps scoring

[quote user="Buh"]Does he play solo up front for NI or part of a 2?[/quote]

He was playing centrally but had another attacker with him - sort of similar to what we do with Jerome and Wes I guess

[quote user="morty"]It was Azerbaijan ffs.[/quote]It was indeed Azerbaijan who are probably about the same standard as Blackburn, Burton, Cardiff, Rotherham, Wigan, Barnsley, 1p5wich and several other Championship sides.

[quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="morty"]It was Azerbaijan ffs.[/quote]It was indeed Azerbaijan who are probably about the same standard as Blackburn, Burton, Cardiff, Rotherham, Wigan, Barnsley, 1p5wich and several other Championship sides.

[/quote]They probably aren''t.

Not his fault who the oposition are.

I don''t accept the hype about the guy, personally I think he''s pretty average, but give him some credit, he scored last week and he scored this. Not sure why that should be derided.

[quote user="Hairy Canary"]Not his fault who the oposition are.

I don''t accept the hype about the guy, personally I think he''s pretty average, but give him some credit, he scored last week and he scored this. Not sure why that should be derided.[/quote]Of course he deserves credit, if he turns out to hit a rich vein of form its good news for everyone!But it feels a bit like he is being used as a stick to beat Alex Neil with.

[quote user="morty"]But it feels a bit like he is being used as a stick to beat Alex Neil with.[/quote]One of many sticks at the moment and deservedly so

[quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="morty"]But it feels a bit like he is being used as a stick to beat Alex Neil with.[/quote]One of many sticks at the moment and deservedly so[/quote]Most of which he picked up himself.

Well regardless of the opposition Michael O''Neil seems to gave faith in him and is able to motivate him. Just makes AN''s approach, verging on ostracisation, a bit odd.

[quote user="Tumbleweed"]Well regardless of the opposition Michael O''Neil seems to gave faith in him and is able to motivate him. Just makes AN''s approach, verging on ostracisation, a bit odd.[/quote]

Couldn''t agree more - AN continues to exclude the likes of Canos, Oliveira and Lafferty - time to swallow his pride and give some of these guys a fair go - Jerome is doing ok and puts the effort in but not enough to justify a start in Every game

[quote user="Haggerdoo"][quote user="Tumbleweed"]Well regardless of the opposition Michael O''Neil seems to gave faith in him and is able to motivate him. Just makes AN''s approach, verging on ostracisation, a bit odd.[/quote]

Couldn''t agree more - AN continues to exclude the likes of Canos, Oliveira and Lafferty - time to swallow his pride and give some of these guys a fair go - Jerome is doing ok and puts the effort in but not enough to justify a start in Every game[/quote]I was speaking to someone who watched Canos play in the Checkatrade trophy game and he said he can see exactly why Canos isn''t getting a game.And sorry, I doubt Oliveira or Lafferty could replace Jerome. Play with him perhaps though.

Who honestly thinks Jerome can keep this up for 6 months and another 30 games without it taking it''s toll on him ?

How dare Lafferty score against Azerbaijan. Doesn''t he know that they are not up to the English championship standard. Can only beat what''s put in front of ya. And whether it''s Azerbaijan, Lowestoft or Barcelona it''s still a tidy finish.

You almost get the feeling that some people on here actually want him, and are willing him to fail, whether it be for NI of NCFC. And these people are supposedly die hard NCFC supporters who claim to be, no matter what, 100% behind the club, 100% behind the manager and 100% behind the players.That is except one Kyle Lafferty.

I don''t rate Lafferty and I don''t think a goal against Azerbaijan changes a single thing. I''d like him to be good but there isn''t much evidence to suggest he will be.