Sign in to follow this  
Insidersknowledge

Norwich City fans have no idea, what so ever.

[quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="morty"]Really right now, if we are looking at a change, I would assume to 4-4-2 then Dorrans and Thompson are our only viable, centre midfield options.So we have Thompson and Dorrans central, Lafferty and Jerome up front, I assume. Do we go all out attack with a Murphy on each wing?[/quote]Brady and Jacob, for my money. Brady has excellent delivery, more experience and more physical presence. Obviously the downside of this formation is it pretty much rules out starting Wes. Pritchard could probably play as a winger, but he''d drift infield naturally, I think, and also not offer enough support to the fullback. Another reservation with this formation is that Pinto in particular needs a bit more support from his RM, as he''s not the best defensive fullback in the business - Olsson and Brady down the left looks very strong, but if I was an opposing manager playing a 4-4-2 Norwich with Jacob and Pinto down the right, I know where I''d be looking to unlock us...[/quote]Does Brady''s current form not concern you? For whatever reason he doesn''t seem quite firing on all cylinders (insert conspiracy theory here) and I feel he is a player we are all looking to, to really step up, and he''s not quite doing it.QPR''s team will certainly be interesting.

I don''t think our current injuries can be attributed to our poor performances quite as wholly as some here seem to be indicating (hoping???).

Our squad is still much stronger than most in this league. It does not excuse our recent performances at all for me! Martin at RB and Bennett are both competent enough at this level.

Given the supposed strength in depth of our squad how can a couple of injuries cause such calamity?

I agree Pinto is a big loss, but we didn''t have him in our last promotion campaign? I''d also say we miss his bombing forwards more than his defensive work; where our severest problems lie of late.

Do people mentioning injuries here feel confident that we can compete for 2nd place again when our lay-offs return? Wish I could!

[quote user="Hank shoots Skyler"]I don''t think our current injuries can be attributed to our poor performances quite as wholly as some here seem to be indicating (hoping???).

Our squad is still much stronger than most in this league. It does not excuse our recent performances at all for me! Martin at RB and Bennett are both competent enough at this level.

Given the supposed strength in depth of our squad how can a couple of injuries cause such calamity?

I agree Pinto is a big loss, but we didn''t have him in our last promotion campaign? I''d also say we miss his bombing forwards more than his defensive work; where our severest problems lie of late.

Do people mentioning injuries here feel confident that we can compete for 2nd place again when our lay-offs return? Wish I could![/quote]No one is saying its 100% about the injuries.But it massively restricts the manager''s options if he wants to change things.

[quote user="morty"]Does Brady''s current form not concern you? For whatever reason he doesn''t seem quite firing on all cylinders (insert conspiracy theory here) and I feel he is a player we are all looking to, to really step up, and he''s not quite doing it.QPR''s team will certainly be interesting.[/quote]Of course it concerns me - this is a player who was expected to leave for north of £15m a few short months ago, and he has been little short of awful. I just feel that a player who has that quality needs to be persevered with - we all know he''s a quality PL player who''s gone a bit off track. No one is playing well at the moment (with the exception of Jerome), so changes are to be expected (and encouraged), but I think we''ve got to let Brady play himself out of his bad form. A couple more stinkers and fine, drop him - but he''s too good to leave out when the whole team is off colour.Still don''t think there''s any chance of Neil going 4-4-2 on Saturday, especially as it''s away from home to a team with a new manager who happens to be one of the most gung-ho attacking managers in the business. I''d definitely set up to counter-attack:-----------------Ruddy---------------------Pinto---Martin---Klose--Olsson---------------------Tettey--------------------------Thompson--Dorrans-----------Pritchard-----------------------Brady--------------------Jerome-----------------

[quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="morty"]Does Brady''s current form not concern you? For whatever reason he doesn''t seem quite firing on all cylinders (insert conspiracy theory here) and I feel he is a player we are all looking to, to really step up, and he''s not quite doing it.QPR''s team will certainly be interesting.[/quote]Of course it concerns me - this is a player who was expected to leave for north of £15m a few short months ago, and he has been little short of awful. I just feel that a player who has that quality needs to be persevered with - we all know he''s a quality PL player who''s gone a bit off track. No one is playing well at the moment (with the exception of Jerome), so changes are to be expected (and encouraged), but I think we''ve got to let Brady play himself out of his bad form. A couple more stinkers and fine, drop him - but he''s too good to leave out when the whole team is off colour.Still don''t think there''s any chance of Neil going 4-4-2 on Saturday, especially as it''s away from home to a team with a new manager who happens to be one of the most gung-ho attacking managers in the business. I''d definitely set up to counter-attack:-----------------Ruddy---------------------Pinto---Martin---Klose--Olsson---------------------Tettey--------------------------Thompson--Dorrans-----------Pritchard-----------------------Brady--------------------Jerome-----------------[/quote]No I agree re 4-4-2 on Saturday, and do quite like the look of that. I just hope Pinto is fit.

[quote user="Morgan"]a double pivot?[/quote]Not right now, I''ve just eaten.Morty - Brady''s one-match ban is in international football, I believe.

[quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="Morgan"]a double pivot?[/quote]Not right now, I''ve just eaten.Morty - Brady''s one-match ban is in international football, I believe.[/quote][Y]

4-4-2 is an interesting option, the problem I see with it is that we have bought players with an alternative in mind.

We already had Hoolahan but we''ve splashed out on Pritchard, Naismith, Maddison and should we revert to a 4-4-2 it''s unlikely that any of them would play. That''s a lot of cash to be sat on the bench.

We clearly have the players to make the current system work, they just need to play a lot better than they have been and maybe a bit of fitness training wouldn''t go amiss.

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"]4-4-2 is an interesting option, the problem I see with it is that we have bought players with an alternative in mind.

We already had Hoolahan but we''ve splashed out on Pritchard, Naismith, Maddison and should we revert to a 4-4-2 it''s unlikely that any of them would play. That''s a lot of cash to be sat on the bench.

We clearly have the players to make the current system work, they just need to play a lot better than they have been and maybe a bit of fitness training wouldn''t go amiss.[/quote]

4-5-1 with the full backs staying in their full back positions as a flat back four. Have to go for clean sheet at all costs now.

In all honesty I can''t see a change of tactics working at all. Our mentality and lack of fitness is the crux of our issues, our players must simply start pulling their fingers out and playing to the best of their ability. I don''t believe they are doing that at the moment and don''t see how a change in style can suddenly rectify these issues!

Too many keys players aren''t performing at the moment.

Ruddy has to come in for the next game now for me, perhaps that will give the defence a bit of a lift? God knows it needs one.

[quote user="pete"]Really dominated Brighton until the 6th minute. The OP is clearly an idiot. Alex Neil out of his depth, players not interested, fans unhappy, press becoming more strident in criticising AN. This has gone too far Neil will be out of a job by December get over it. Are there any managerial options don''t think so but something needs to be done sacking manager is cheapest option and may be quickest.[/quote]

Brilliant