Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Norwich v Celtic Tomorrow Night

As an aside on this, half the Celtic coaching team and (I assume) some of the players were in their squad track suits buying bottled water in bulk at Tesco in Sprowston last night! Presumably staying over at Sprowston Manor and not prepared to pay the sky high mini bar prices...

Comfortable win and enjoyable game. Josh scored a Worldy!

Canos won the pen and wanted to take it. After serious debate Morris took it and scored. Canos didn''t celebrate and had to be calmed down after. I like to see it. Like that our centreforward wanted it and Canos wanted it.

But will Canos now he ruined for life....

nutty nigel wrote the following post at 16/11/2016 9:16 PM:

Comfortable win and enjoyable game. Josh scored a Worldy!

Canos won the pen and wanted to take it. After serious debate Morris took it and scored. Canos didn''t celebrate and had to be calmed down after. I like to see it. Like that our centreforward wanted it and Canos wanted it.

But will Canos now he ruined for life....

😉Might be the end of his short career Nigel.

[quote user="VanWink"]Oh I heard that Canos was crap, glad to see he''s drawing fouls in the box.[/quote]Should be a shoe in for a start on Saturday then?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Seven of them with me tonight number 9. They enjoyed it in varying degrees. Throw ins are always a highlight...[/quote]

Hi ho, hi ho-oo-ooIt''s off to Carrow Road we go.........

More goals for morris. shame there''s a queue for the 1 striker spot atm. any good centre mids or defenders looking like they could push on? might be easier to crack the first team in them areas.

Ray Grant looked tidy as one of the holding midfielders but his partner Eboue Adams stood out for me, covered every blade of grass and of those without first team experience was MOM for me. A performance full of energy and good, simple passing.

How did Whitaker and Turner do? Ready for Saturday or are they just in that squad as experience for the younger ones?

[quote user="Gordon Bennett"]Ray Grant looked tidy as one of the holding midfielders but his partner Eboue Adams stood out for me, covered every blade of grass and of those without first team experience was MOM for me. A performance full of energy and good, simple passing.[/quote]Good to hear. Sounded like Adams had an excellent game against MK Dons too, maybe he could step up to the first team in the fullness of time.How did Cantwell get on? High hopes for the lad, hope he continues his upward trajectory. And Godfrey? Another powerful and mature performance?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Comfortable win and enjoyable game. Josh scored a Worldy!

But will Canos now he ruined for life....[/quote]

Is that a little insight as to why Canos isn''t in the first team squad? ** Conspiracy theory alert **

Whittaker, Turner and Godfrey were as comfortable as you would imagine although the lad on the left for Celtic was nippy and did Whittaker for pace once in the second half. Thought Cantwell looked a little lightweight and had a fairly quiet game. Ramsey at left back looked solid enough although didn''t get forward as much as I thought he might. Really impressed with Morris, he was a handful all night.

Agree with that Gordon. Some of these cup games have been a little more competitive than the normal PL games. It''s more difficult for Todd Cantwell to shine when he has that little bit less time. Maybe he will go on loan later in the season. These matches are much better for development though and hopefully young Todd will have had valuable experience. Likewise Morris has come on loads for his time on loan last season. Shame he couldnt have been spared for another spell. Maybe if someone joins in January he could go play somewhere competetive again.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Agree with that Gordon. Some of these cup games have been a little more competitive than the normal PL games. It''s more difficult for Todd Cantwell to shine when he has that little bit less time. Maybe he will go on loan later in the season. These matches are much better for development though and hopefully young Todd will have had valuable experience. Likewise Morris has come on loads for his time on loan last season. Shame he couldnt have been spared for another spell. Maybe if someone joins in January he could go play somewhere competetive again.[/quote]You don''t think Morris is looking like close to the first team then?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="nutty nigel"]Agree with that Gordon. Some of these cup games have been a little more competitive than the normal PL games. It''s more difficult for Todd Cantwell to shine when he has that little bit less time. Maybe he will go on loan later in the season. These matches are much better for development though and hopefully young Todd will have had valuable experience. Likewise Morris has come on loads for his time on loan last season. Shame he couldnt have been spared for another spell. Maybe if someone joins in January he could go play somewhere competetive again.[/quote]You don''t think Morris is looking like close to the first team then?[/quote]
I''d be tempted to play him before Lafferty but can understand why he isn''t. He seems to have improved for that time last season and I think would have benefited from another loan this. Like Jacob improved for the time at Blackpool and Colchester and then improved again the next season at Coventry.