Sign in to follow this  
Minster Canary

NCFC Trivia Thread

As we''re still in the midst of an international break I thought we could liven this message board up with a trivia thread.

The rules are simple, if you know the answer to the questions above, answer it. In the same post, put your question for the next member to answer, and so on.

I''ll start (with a relatively easy one):

Fraser Forster was sent off whilst giving away a penalty in an away game vs Gillingham in 2009, but what I want to know is which ex-Canary scored the subsequent penalty?

Simione Jackson scored the penalty.

my question is which former Norwich striker who is married to a model, now runs a property business supplying top quality accommodation and his clients include premiership footballers.

Seeing as no one has come up with the next question here it is:

Who scored Norwich City''s last goal of the 1999/00 league campaign?

Remember, don''t cheat yourselves - no internet allowed!

Good question Minster and I cant even hazard a guess

but on a related topic it did make me wonder who score the last & first goals for the club in the old and new millenium.

The answer was Paul Hughes (remember him?)

I believe our last goal in the last millennium will have been in the boxing day game at home to QPR(?), it could well have been an OG in a 2-1 win, I can''t remember who scored our other goal but one was definitely an OG.

I have no clue about our first goal of the new millennium, but it would have been in the home game vs Pompey (all I remember about this game is the front cover of the programme - Bryan Gunn with the millennium dome on his head.........

the weird football forum

what links the two clubs who played us on our opening games at the Nest and Carrow Road ?clue - 1975

yepnow who were the two players.. one on each side who later played for City ?(not G Paddon)

Viv Busby. Signed for £50,000 on the same day we sold Ted MacDougall for the same price.

Trivia-at around that time John Bond signed Harry Redknapp on loan but, due to injury, he never played a game for us in that time.

Question-three consecutive League Cup finals had a Norwich connection, what or who was it and when?

[quote user="Old Shuck"]

Question-three consecutive League Cup finals had a Norwich connection, what or who was it and when?[/quote]

I know Martin O''Neil played in three consecutive league cup finals for Notts Forest,  but is the answer ron Saunders?   Managed three different clubs in league cup finals - us, wolves and aston Villa. 

Close enough LDC-he managed us at the League Cup Final in 1973, Man City in 1974 & Villa (against us, of course) in 1975.