Sign in to follow this  
Hoola Han Solo

Team for QPR

Sorry Lakey, I''ve got there first this week. Here''s my team subject to injuries:-

Ruddy

Pinto

Martin

Klose

Olsson

Tettey

Thompson

Jacob Murphy

Hoolahan

Pritchard

Jerome

Ruddy

Martin Klose Bassong Olsson

Dorrans Thompson

Ja Murphy Hoolahan Brady

Oliveria

I don''t see Pinto being fit based on his Instagram post yesterday.

I don''t feel you can play Tettey and Thompson alongside each other, they''re too similar in their playing style. LT doesn''t deserve to be dropped.

Hoping Jacob is mentally and physically recovered and can play a part.

Give NO a chance up top, he deserves a start.

I''d probably like to see Bassong given a go actually, but off the top of my head we''ve looked better there with Klose and Martin this season, which admittedly isn''t saying a lot.

Dorrans has been found a bit wanting defensively for me recently, and as Mr Canary said it would be unfair to drop Thompson.

To be fair I found it hard to fill certain positions. When it came to the left, Brady''s a brilliant option but he''s just not been on it much at all this season.

--------------Ruddy--------------------

Pinto---Klose---Bassong---Olsson

------Thompson---Dorrans-------

----Murphy---Brady---Murphy----

---------------Lafferty--------------

I almost agree with you Minster, but Jerome has to start for me. He''s been playing well and scoring regularly and so far in his cameos Oliveira has not done much to suggest he deserves to start ahead of CamJam.

Not my concern, HHS. I usually start them because no-one else has. I have no ideas as to what the team will or could be and have no alternative views either. It''s been such a sorry few weeks that none of them look the part to me. I would probably put Lafferty in there, but on the left or up front, I don''t know.

Whoever plays needs to put in a shift. We need to get up and running again.

''I don''t see Pinto being fit based on his Instagram post yesterday.''

For those of us not on Instagram, what did he say?

For me, Pinto and Howson are a big part of our dip in form. If Pinto''s not fit and Whitaker is, I''d be tempted to put him back in, if it enabled Martin to go back to centre half with Klose.

I''ll go festive with a 4-3-2-1 Christmas tree line up - or a 4-5-1 when we don''t have the ball). Not a lot of pace in this side though and right midfield is debatable:

Ruddy

Pinto/Whitaker - Martin - Klose - Olsson

Tettey - Thompson - Dorrans

Wes - Brady

Jerome

Not sure what the Pinto news is but I thought it was reported that Howson was likely to be out to around the new year?

All comes down to graft from the players this weekend.

Ideally I would start

Ruddy

Pinto Bassong Klose Olsson

Thompson Dorrans

Brady Wes Pritchard

Jerome

I suspect Seb wont start and Martin will be in his place.

If Pinto is injured I would drop Brady into right back - I think he played there last season (Wet Sham away?) - as he is better placed to offer the attacking threat and pace pinto gives and means we dont have to experience the debilitatiing Martin-Bennett right defence combination and keeps Martin-Klose together - which seems to work ok.

That would then leave one of naismith or jacob, maybe Canos, to come in on the right.

Lafferty just a sub for me; 70 mins or so as Jerome tires. For me starting him as the lone striker weakens us; as does playing 442 as we dont have the strength in central mid to make balancing defence and attack work.

The message on Instagram reads: "Time to rest! #recoveryandmorerecovery #gettingbetter

That was posted 22 hours ago, so it suggested to me that he''s still not near full fitness so I''d regard him to be a major doubt for this weekend.

Then again, it''s a bloody Instagram post so what do I know?

-----------------Ruddy---------------------Pinto---Martin---Klose--Olsson---------------------Tettey--------------------------Thompson--Dorrans-----------Pritchard-----------------------Brady--------------------Jerome-----------------If Pinto isn''t fit, Martin to RB and Bassong in at CB. Would be tempted to start Godfrey, but as he wasn''t in the 18 for the Leeds match it''s probable than AN doesn''t feel he''s quite ready for the first team yet.

[quote user="lake district canary"]Not my concern, HHS. I usually start them because no-one else has. I have no ideas as to what the team will or could be and have no alternative views either. It''s been such a sorry few weeks that none of them look the part to me. I would probably put Lafferty in there, but on the left or up front, I don''t know.

Whoever plays needs to put in a shift. We need to get up and running again.[/quote]
"NO, I won''t submit my team because HHS started the thread and NOT ME!"
[IMG]http://www.relatably.com/m/img/crying-baby-memes/rjoc8.jpg[/IMG]

Lol :-) .

I started writing a team thread last night, but after several attempts couldn''t bring myself to commit to any player after the last few dismal games so gave up trying.

At the moment they are all as bad as each other until they sort themselves out.

[quote user="lake district canary"]Lol :-) .

I started writing a team thread last night, but after several attempts couldn''t bring myself to commit to any player after the last few dismal games so gave up trying.

At the moment they are all as bad as each other until they sort themselves out.[/quote]I think Jerome and Thompson should be exonerated from any blame (and possibly Dorrans to an extent), but other than that I agree. It''s worry to think how many out-of-form players are guaranteed to be in our starting eleven on Saturday.

[quote user="morty"]*Cancels train ticket and hides sharp objects*[/quote]Not at all concerned about our lack of form, then? Everything in garden rosy?I''m off to Twickenham on Saturday, because I''m a massive plastic.

[quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="morty"]*Cancels train ticket and hides sharp objects*[/quote]Not at all concerned about our lack of form, then? Everything in garden rosy?I''m off to Twickenham on Saturday, because I''m a massive plastic.[/quote]Of course I''m concerned.Won''t stop me going, or start me sticking my bottom lip out though[Y]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="morty"]*Cancels train ticket and hides sharp objects*[/quote]Not at all concerned about our lack of form, then? Everything in garden rosy?I''m off to Twickenham on Saturday, because I''m a massive plastic.[/quote]Of course I''m concerned.Won''t stop me going, or start me sticking my bottom lip out though[Y][/quote][Y]Enjoy your visit to the ''boutique club'', bring us back some bling (and three points would be nice).

[quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="morty"]*Cancels train ticket and hides sharp objects*[/quote]Not at all concerned about our lack of form, then? Everything in garden rosy?I''m off to Twickenham on Saturday, because I''m a massive plastic.[/quote]Of course I''m concerned.Won''t stop me going, or start me sticking my bottom lip out though[Y][/quote][Y]Enjoy your visit to the ''boutique club'', bring us back some bling (and three points would be nice).[/quote]Will try my best, I have a 100% away record this season.

[quote user="Fuzzar"]Our poor run of form has broken Lakey''s spirit. NCFC has broken Lakey![/quote]

Down, but not out!  We badly need a good result/performance to get us all going again.   Trouble is, our dilemna is catch 22 - whether to defend and go for a 0-0 and lose all attacking ability and maybe stll lose 1-0, or attack in the hope we score more than the other lot and lose the game on soft goals again? Either way, or even the middle way, it''s going to be a tough one.

Fuzzar wrote the following post at 16/11/2016 4:01 PM:

Our poor run of form has broken Lakey''s spirit. NCFC has broken Lakey!

It will take a lot more than that to break Lakey IMO

👍

Go on Lake give it a go! I promise I won''t even kick off if you start Lafferty up front by himself and put Dorrans on the left :)

[quote user="hogesar"]Go on Lake give it a go! I promise I won''t even kick off if you start Lafferty up front by himself and put Dorrans on the left :)[/quote]

Tbh, it is the right hand side which I find difficult to think about. The only player who on paper should be on the right hand side of midfield, imo, is Canos, but he has not featured much for some reason.    If Pinto isn''t fit either, that means Whittaker at RB.  This isn''t a team I would want  (and I don''t think  Wes, Pritchard or Naismith have done enough recently to warrant starts) but it could be -              McGovern   (don''t see Ruddy as any better)Whittaker Martin Klose Olsson        Thompson DorransCanos     Pritchard   Lafferty                Jerome  Thinking more defensively I wouldn''t be against seeing a 4321, with yes, Dorrans on the left hand side, giving Lafferty freedom to be more forwards to support Jerome whenever possible.         Whittaker Martin Klose Olsson      Tettey Thompson Dorrans             Canos  Lafferty                  JeromeNeither of these fills me with any optimism, but imo AN has to try something different.

[quote user="KiwiScot"][quote user="morty"]Is Whittaker fit?[/quote]He played tonight.[/quote]Ah he was injured, guess he''s on the comeback trail[Y]