Sign in to follow this  
KiwiScot

QPR - Ian Holloway

Ian Holloway back in charge at QPR. I didn''t care much until I saw his first game is against us. Oh dear we don''t need this with our current form.

If we made that appointment we''d all be justifiably livid. Won''t last the season and I don''t anticipate a bounce from them.

If we play near our best we''ll probably win, if we lose or draw it will again probably be our own doing. I bet that would pi55 a QPR fan right off but in this league, with our squad that is going to be the case almost every game.

Shame we can''t even get near our best form at the moment. Think we''ll get a draw tbh

I''m not sure where he''s been managing recently or the tactics and style of play he wants qprrrs to deploy, but didn''t he have reputation for being like Alex Neil, that is, attack is the best and only form of defense?

QPR got rid off high earners from Prem and reduced wage bill enormously, not sure of the quality that''s left there.

His last game as a manager was also against us at Millwall. He was jeered by his own supporters every time he came to the touch line that day. One of the easiest away wins I''ve ever seen us get.

Strange appointment I think, funny what a few pundit appearances can do for you.

QPR got rid off high earners from Prem and reduced wage bill enormously, not sure of the quality that''s left there. 
What made them do that when they got parachute payments and have a golden boy investor/owner?

There you go again Nigel...bringing eminently intelligent, pertinent questions into the arena. You must be part of the Liberal Elite. You

In this post-fact, conspiracy-theorist, contrarian, self-entitled world that simply won''t do.

Change the Manager / Board / Bog Cleaner and all will immediately be well. We all know that.

Parma

Fair enough but if the manager/board/bog cleaner aren''t doing their job well enough then replacing them with someone who can do better must be an improvement.

Otherwise we would have kept Gunn and Lambert would have stayed at Colchester.

[quote user="pete"]Caulker and Onuha at CB''s what wouldn''t we give for these?[/quote]Have you looked at the rest of the squad?

So is this myth,that teams show a bump up in results after a new

manager is appointed, true?

Yes it is, for a few games at least.

Will it affect the result tomorrow, I don''t think so.

[quote user="Hairy Canary"]Fair enough but if the manager/board/bog cleaner aren''t doing their job well enough then replacing them with someone who can do better must be an improvement.

Otherwise we would have kept Gunn and Lambert would have stayed at Colchester.[/quote]

This is quite true.

When on the receiving end of an embarrassing thumping we were immediately pro-active and went and got the man who masterminded it. The rest is history.

Which begs one simple question...

Why on earth haven''t we gone and got Hughton?

The reality is the game is there for us to lose.....

yes their fans will be up for it and the team may want to impress the new gaffer BUT if we turn up and do the basics right this lot should be easily picked off.

One thing about an Ian Holloway side they arent going to sit with 10 men behind the ball, they will push on in numbers getting it forward as quickly as possible.

If our manager has even a shred of sense about him (the crowd laughs hysterically) he can set up to play through and around the huge gaps they leave in the middle of the park.....

Now all that said from what I hear coming out of Colney today the team have been working very hard on defending as a unit and thinking about their movement around the pitch when not in possession of the football

My conclusion is Alex Neil will play very defensively, standard flat back 4 with 2 holding mids and the 3 attacking mids having an emphasis placed on them to get back and support, think we will see a team so focused on shape that any attacking flair and spontaneity will be lost

in fact if we score an early goal expect to see CJ make way for a third CB

[quote user="Baywing"]The reality is the game is there for us to lose.....

yes their fans will be up for it and the team may want to impress the new gaffer BUT if we turn up and do the basics right this lot should be easily picked off.

One thing about an Ian Holloway side they arent going to sit with 10 men behind the ball, they will push on in numbers getting it forward as quickly as possible.

If our manager has even a shred of sense about him (the crowd laughs hysterically) he can set up to play through and around the huge gaps they leave in the middle of the park.....

Now all that said from what I hear coming out of Colney today the team have been working very hard on defending as a unit and thinking about their movement around the pitch when not in possession of the football

My conclusion is Alex Neil will play very defensively, standard flat back 4 with 2 holding mids and the 3 attacking mids having an emphasis placed on them to get back and support, think we will see a team so focused on shape that any attacking flair and spontaneity will be lost

in fact if we score an early goal expect to see CJ make way for a third CB[/quote]

Plenty of ponderous possession, preventing penetrative probes, predictable problems, piss poor performance prevails.

Taking on board everything that has happened so far this season, I would hope that team shape and an emphasis on being compact at the back is a priorty.  We started this season thinking we could play our way to the top of the league - and we did - but it was a fool''s errand and we were found out - we are not good enough to do that over a whole season.   Away from home particularly, we should imo set out to be  solid at the back, allow the opposition to have the ball and then catch them on the break using pace, using players like the Murphys/Canos. Playing as we do - attacking from the off - is all well and good and quite often gets us goals, but as a result, too often we run out of steam by the end of the game.   People have said that is a fitness thing, but it is probably more due to game managementand making sure we don''t run ourselves into the ground getting ahead. It will be strange of QPR don''t have a good go at us under Holloway - so if we play as usual, it is going to be an open and high scoring game.  If we win 4-3 or somesuch, it will be a good outcome, but will not help us in he long run. Personally,  I would prefer a tight game, nullify QPR and get a goal on the break to win 1-0.

My conclusion is Alex Neil will play very defensively, standard flat back 4 with 2 holding mids and the 3 attacking mid

what AN has got to get away from is 7 defenders (inc GK) and 4 attackers !

unless the 2 DM are blessed with pace we are always attacking with just 4 players

in this league do we really need to play with 6 defenders and 4 attackers !