Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

Steven Gerrard Anyone ?

Of course he has zilch managerial experience but give me his Premier League experience,his England caps and his Liverpool trophies against that of our current manager who only achieved the dizzy heights of Barnsley and Hamilton. He is supposed to be worth £60million so ambition to succeed as a manager must surely come before financial reward ? If MK Dons can sniff around him surely we must be worthy of a shout to start him out on his non playing journey in the game ?Tin hat on.

In a second, yes no managerial experience, but a full on winner in mind and ambitious, would attract a better class of coaches and players.....were never match his ambition, that''s why we have a no name, clueless Scott in charge.

I''m looking at a list of Liverpool players who went on to become managers and it includes Graeme Souness and John Barnes [:|]

NEXT !

I love this, so you''re happy to stick with a 38 year old who has only ever played lower standard football, but don''t want a 100 cap, champions league winning player, with big contacts!

Jesus no wonder Delia is so lightly dealt with!

[quote user="Jools"]I''m looking at a list of Liverpool players who went on to become managers and it includes Graeme Souness and John Barnes [:|]

NEXT ![/quote]Keegan and Dalglish weren''t too bad not forgetting Toshack.

[quote user="Norfolkn Good"]This is, without doubt, the stupidest thing I''ve read on here for a long time[/quote]Why ?

Tactical awareness

Motivational skills

Great players do not always equal great managers. Bryan Robson anyone?

We need experience and knowledge of management, not a manager who is bigger than the club.

How do you know his tactical awareness and motivation isn''t as good as any other manager! He''s been the club captain for the last 10 years!

Experience comes with Curbishly, Woy etc. How about best option to get the best out of our players, someone with respect and a icon of modern football.

Giggs would be a good shout too.

So someone who has no managerial track record would be better than someone who has seen the highs and lows of management.

Okayyyyyy.....

I can hear the sound of straws being clutched at.

Why not. it''d be exciting to see how he turned out. he''s still 10 times the player any of the chaff we have as options in midfield as well as a bonus.

[quote user="King Crimson"]So someone who has no managerial track record would be better than someone who has seen the highs and lows of management.

Okayyyyyy.....

I can hear the sound of straws being clutched at.[/quote]

I think AN came off the back of one season at Hamilton! Not really a guy who had the highs and lows of a manager when he came in!

Short memory?