Sign in to follow this  
Paul Spector

Ryan Giggs

Be interested to gauge the wider opinion on whether folks think he would be a good choice to replace AN?

He''s said publically how he wants a club with a good academy, and his focus would be on bringing through youngsters. Is this not exactly what we want?

For better or worse we have an owner that (comparatively) doesn''t have loads of money to invest. To ensure the sustainability of the club we surely therefore NEED to bring through young talent to compete - I don''t see how we can truly establish ourselves in the Premier Leage any other way.

Imagine it would be great for the Murphy''s/Maddison/Morris etc. To have a manager like Giggs. I would think that having a name like Giggs would also help attract some of the best young talent to the club - people that have grown up watching him and want to learn from him.

I see no other argument other than the lack of experience - but Guardiola didn''t have much experience before managing one of the biggest clubs in the world.

I can''t think of a better choice for bringing through youth and establishing a "Norwich Way" of playing.

Thoughts?

[quote user="Paul Spector"]Be interested to gauge the wider opinion on whether folks think he would be a good choice to replace AN?

He''s said publically how he wants a club with a good academy, [/quote]West Ham... Bilic must be on borrowed time now too.

If anyone thinks Sam Allardyce is going to rock up here then they are living on cloud cuckoo land.

Not a chance. He will wait for a prem job or a champ side who will give him £25m to spend in Jan. We are neither.

The biggest problem at NCFC at this moment in time is that we have a group of defenders that would be hard pressed to prevent a local pub team from scoring against them.

Quite how anybody could think that Ryan Blank Personality Giggs, with zero experience, could transform the under-performing rabble into an effective defensive unit, I find hard to comprehend.

Multiple Premiership winner, champions league winner, played under the best manager in the world for his career and has respect as a player who''s done big things in the world of football.

Has been coaching and assistant to experienced managers and ready for his shot, why not Giggs?

Also, why do you lot write off such a potentially good guy, when two years ago you got your rocks off because the board said they just employed a nobody from Hamilton!

I just don''t get some of you guys!

[quote user="Indy"]Also, why do you lot write off such a potentially good guy, when two years ago you got your rocks off because the board said they just employed a nobody from Hamilton!

I just don''t get some of you guys![/quote]So anyone who was a decent player is automatically a good manager?

@indy

Because it is very rare for great players to make great managers. Look at Roy Keane, Bryan Robson, Maradona. All terrible managers but great players. Then look at Alex Ferguson, Arsene Wenger, Jose Mourinho.

Being a great player and winning loads of trophies doesn''t mean you''ll be a good manager.

No but a player with coaching by phelan and badges, not to mention already on the staff at United deserves more of a chance than a nobody from Hamilton, yet you write him off Morty, but welcomed Neil as the next Fergy

[quote user="Indy"]No but a player with coaching by phelan and badges, not to mention already on the staff at United deserves more of a chance than a nobody from Hamilton, yet you write him off Morty, but welcomed Neil as the next Fergy[/quote]I did?You sure?

I was shot to bits when we first got Neil, even after promotion, still had big questions, most on here love AN.

What was your first impression then Morty?

[quote user="Indy"]I was shot to bits when we first got Neil, even after promotion, still had big questions, most on here love AN.

What was your first impression then Morty?[/quote]I didn''t know much about him, but his results soon spoke for themselves.So no, I didn''t "welcome him like a new Fergie".

I would prefer jaap stam but would be happy to give giggs a go maybe if he came with gary neville it would be better. I would love to see us build a new young team.

Did you enjoy the trip today Morty? What was your thought on the team when you first saw it?

Iirc, most people welcomed him with cautious optimism, and after the Bournemouth game seemed to get on side. To say we thought he was the next Fergie is a little misplaced, but he is Scottish!

[quote user="Indy"]Did you enjoy the trip today Morty? What was your thought on the team when you first saw it?[/quote]Yeah it was a decent day out, despite the result.I didn''t really know what to make of the team, but it was obvious that the manager had to make changes.Frustrating thing for me is that with 11 men on the pitch, I think we would have won today, QPR really weren''t great. And if you look at shots  on goal etc, they really didn''t dominate us either.

Ron Manager wrote the following post at 19/11/2016 10:45 PM:

Would Ryan fit into our ethos of being a family club?😉

He''s got a hint of Ched about him so no chance.😉

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Indy"]Did you enjoy the trip today Morty? What was your thought on the team when you first saw it?[/quote]Yeah it was a decent day out, despite the result.I didn''t really know what to make of the team, but it was obvious that the manager had to make changes.Frustrating thing for me is that with 11 men on the pitch, I think we would have won today, QPR really weren''t great. And if you look at shots  on goal etc, they really didn''t dominate us either.[/quote]

Must admit I had hope for a win, sounded like Murphy had another solid game, shame his shot hit the bar.

Never been to QPR, in all my years, is it really old school, it reminds me of Luton.

Glad you enjoyed it.

[quote user="Indy"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Indy"]Did you enjoy the trip today Morty? What was your thought on the team when you first saw it?[/quote]Yeah it was a decent day out, despite the result.I didn''t really know what to make of the team, but it was obvious that the manager had to make changes.Frustrating thing for me is that with 11 men on the pitch, I think we would have won today, QPR really weren''t great. And if you look at shots  on goal etc, they really didn''t dominate us either.[/quote]

Must admit I had hope for a win, sounded like Murphy had another solid game, shame his shot hit the bar.

Never been to QPR, in all my years, is it really old school, it reminds me of Luton.

Glad you enjoyed it.[/quote]Lol the ground itself is pretty $hit.And it all kicked off at half time as they didn''t have enough staff on, then they started getting stick and tried to pull the shutters down. Tempers flared and a guy got manhandled out by stewards.I didn''t get a half time pint, and by God, I really needed one!

Real old school then, riot!

You''d think they would''ve got organised for the half time rush!

Always hated charlton, that she''d and the shite toilets next to the one beer outlet!

You going next week to Derby?

[quote user="Indy"]Real old school then, riot!

You''d think they would''ve got organised for the half time rush!

Always hated charlton, that she''d and the shite toilets next to the one beer outlet!

You going next week to Derby?[/quote]I am indeed going to Derby, first time there for me actually.