Sign in to follow this  
havemyhowsonit

They still won't sack him

Because are board doesn''t learn. Exactly the same as Neil Adams think it''s marginally worse under Alex Neil.

Cheap option will stay on as we are still in the playoffs

Things won''t change until we can get in defensive reinforcements in January. Not confident we can afford the 2 CB''s we need or even we could recruit even if money there see last 3 transfer windows. Agree Neil should go cannot organize resources he has.

Board spineless Delia apologists everyone.

Agreed Pete. We need reinforcements in January, long overdue defensive recruits. That said, Alex Neil has also been slowly building a youthful legacy which I am hopeful will pay dividends in the next 3 or 4 years.

[quote user="Countryside Canary"]He has got to go, the crowd at the next home game are going to be raging if we go a goal down[/quote]He should hang his head in shame.

[quote user="Countryside Canary"]He has got to go, the crowd at the next home game are going to be raging if we go a goal down[/quote]

We wont go a goal down. We''ve spent the last 2 weeks at Colney working on the defence.......... As shown today 😃

[quote user="Countryside Canary"]He has got to go, the crowd at the next home game are going to be raging if we go a goal down[/quote]and if we go a goal up?

[quote user="Hank shoots Skyler"]We don''t need defensive reinforcements, just our current ones to perform at the level they are capable of.[/quote]sadly they are doing just that...serious question - look at the top 6 and tell me which of our defenders would get in any of their starting line ups, apart from Klose?

[quote user="pete"]Things won''t change until we can get in defensive reinforcements in January. [/quote]The end of January is 10/11 games away and our season will be all but over by then and any chance of promotion, even through the play offs, will be no more than a pipe dream.We are a mid table team, currently playing worse than a mid table team and we will finish in a mid table position if we''re lucky

Syteanric wrote:

''''sadly they are doing just that...

serious question - look at the top 6 and tell me which of our defenders would get in any of their starting line ups, apart from Klose?''''

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Eh? You really think our players are performing to the best of their ability? Where were the leaking goals in our last Championship promotion campaign under AN? In the Prem last year? When we had Klose in the team we generally defended well!

In answer to your question, I think Pinto and Olsson are probably the strongest full backs in the division. Martin has proven himself before and made it into the championship team of the year? Bassong as well was not-long-ago a key player for us..

So yes, I think a lot of our defenders would get into other top 6 sides. How many of these teams'' defenders are individually better than ours? Very few IMO.

Hank, I think Syn was saying that they are playing to their best, its just their best isn''t very good!

I understand what he was saying Ron! Which is the point of my post, why are players who were good enough not long ago now not?

They can''t just all individually have gotten worse... IMO, they''re not being utilised correctly, they lack hunger and fitness! It pains me to say it but we need a new manager!

Hank, you said that many would get into a top six side. I disagree, as does Syn, they are playing to the best of their ability, which isn''t very good. Every player reaches a point in his career when he can''t do what he once did, Martin and Gassing being two obvious examples with Olsson not far behind! We are suffering now due to the failure to address this issue in the past transfer windows.

Ron Manager wrote:

''''Hank, you said that many would get into a top six side. I disagree, as does Syn, they are playing to the best of their ability, which isn''t very good. Every player reaches a point in his career when he can''t do what he once did, Martin and Gassing being two obvious examples with Olsson not far behind! We are suffering now due to the failure to address this issue in the past transfer windows.''''

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry Ron but I don''t buy that at all! Martin, Bassong and Olsson aren''t old! How about the rest of the team as well? Many players are under performing at the moment!

I think it''s more than just each individual player coincidentally reaching a point in their career where they can''t simply perform without making basic, regular errors!!!

How can that happen so suddenly? As I said previously, they were defensively adequate with Klose in the Prem as little as 7 months ago!

Just imagine how poorly we''d have done last season if we played as badly as we have done in this... Probably would''ve had a record in goals conceded!

I like loyalty and the absence of a knee jerk reaction. But when loyalty turns to blind stupidity it is misplaced. Sadly the AN worship is now a pretty clear case of emperor''s new clothes. The decline isn''t the last few games, we made a poor attempt at the PL last season and this one is simply a continuation of an obvious inability to get the most of the resources available. McNally was gambling on another Paul Lambert but he turns out to be Peter Grant.

Hank, I''m confused. (Easily done I will admit). You seem to be saying that the defence is carp and its down to individual errors and performance. I agree. You seem to be intimating that this is down to poor management, again I agree. But to say that our defenders would walk into any top six sides I''m sorry, there we disagree. The defence has been appalling for the last four seasons, hell, that back four today was around when we were relegated under Adams! The only good addition to it was Klose, although recent form has not been good. I think basically we agree, the defence is carp, the manager is carp and we need to do something about it!

Hi again Ron... Apologies to cause confusion. On paper I believe our squad to be strong enough to achieve second place in this division. On paper I believe our defense is one of the strongest. However, at the moment they are not performing to the level they''ve previously proven themselves capable of. At the moment I don''t believe they would get into many other top 6 sides but that''s only based on their current form!

In the moments of flair and good play this season they''ve shown that they are head and shoulders above most teams in this league IMO. We need a management team that can extract these kind of performance levels from the players consistently! (Well, more consistently that AN is doing at the mo)

I agree that our defense has been a weakness of ours for a good few years now. However, it has been nowhere near of this severity; especially when you factor in the additions of Klose and Pinto who I believe are two premier-league standard players and improvements on what we had before.

Hope that clears things up..!

[quote user="Jools"]I''m concerned now that Neil''s dismissal will become the equivalent of Article 50.[/quote]
Article 50 will never be actioned. And I''m a hard line Brexiter. Democarcy in the UK died in 2012.

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"][quote user="Jools"]I''m concerned now that Neil''s dismissal will become the equivalent of Article 50.[/quote]
Article 50 will never be actioned. And I''m a hard line Brexiter. Democarcy in the UK died in 2012.
[/quote][Y] Except Democracy died  earlier than 2012, tcf -- try 1997.

We heard from Ryan Bennett last week they had worked in training to eradicate the defensive errors and we would witness the results on the field.

The plan was revealed after one minute, City were playing with two goal keepers. So much for hard work at training.

One wonders what the next advancement will be.