Sign in to follow this  
Herb

Robinson missed training - Greeno for England!

Come on Sven. Try something new for once in your life you boring old man! (ok, apart from secretaries!)

Green has to start tomorrow. We''ve already qualified, the team is already going to look different because of injuries/suspensions. What better time to have a look at him?

I should be saying "No way, don''t risk him, we''ve already got loads of injuries!" but I for one would be well chuffed if he was given the shirt on Wednesday.
It would prove that form and fitness are more important than the league you play in and how fashionable the club you play for is.
Plus I imagine it would mean a great deal to Robert Green too. He deserves a chance.

Sky Sports News says that Robinson was only left out as a precaution and that his injury is nothing to worry about. I think the game against Poland should be used to try out some different players. We all know what Owen, Ferdinand etc. can do, why not try some other players?

Unfortunately Herb, I doubt Green will be played. I mean, whats the point in having to substitute goalkeepers with 45 minutes England experience. If, in the semi-finals Robinson is injured, imagine the nerves for Green and Kirkland, having never really played being thrown in the deep end. Greeno should play, but sadly, he won''t.

I agree with what you are saying Herb, however there is not a chance Green will start.  Kirkland has passed him in the pecking order, and if Robinson is injured, then i''m sure it will be him who takes his place

[quote]Come on Sven. Try something new for once in your life you boring old man! (ok, apart from secretaries!) Green has to start tomorrow. We''ve already qualified, the team is already going to look differe...[/quote]

Also seeding for the world cup may be based on positions in the group (FIFA havent decided yet) so sven will want his best XI out there, and its clear Greeno isnt in his plans right now.

Hate to be a git, but Kirkland is better than Green, so I couldn''t really give a monkeys about "pecking orders" and I''m sure Sven couldn''t either.

The only thing Green has over Kirland is not getting injured every time he gets out of bed.

Yes It would be great if Green played BUT.....

Green plays for the championship side called Norwich City!!!

Kirkland ''the Injurered'' plays for West Brom or Liverpool the Prem side!!!

So thats that!!!

and I won''t hear another word about it!!!