Sign in to follow this  
Thecanaryfan

Poll for Neil

Poll time. It sucks that we have to do this but given our recent form it is (surely) entirely necessary.
I get the impression that most of us see Neil''s days numbered. Cant blame any of you. 
But lest''s quantify the numbers. Simple ''Stick'' or ''sacked''

[quote user="Move Klose"]Rob Butler did one of these on his twitter page yesterday. 1,096 Votes.

Go - 68%

Stay - 20%

Don''t Know - 12%[/quote]

20% are clueless idiots then the other 12% need to grow some balls get off the fence and vote out

Be careful of starting a poll on whether to back or sack Alex Neil.

#democracy #brexit #trump

[quote user="Move Klose"]Rob Butler did one of these on his twitter page yesterday. 1,096 Votes.

Go - 68%

Stay - 20%

Don''t Know - 12%[/quote]I''m not denigrating the premise of this, but 1000 people on twitter, right after we have been beaten hardly gives it much credibility.

It''s not a knee jerk reaction anymore though is it. We''ve not won for 6 matches, losing 4 on the spin, 5 if you count the penalty defeat and been absolute dross pretty much all season.

In camp for me. I''d give him another 9 years or so. The board need to keep their nerve and think long term.

[quote user="Clint"]It''s not a knee jerk reaction anymore though is it. We''ve not won for 6 matches, losing 4 on the spin, 5 if you count the penalty defeat and been absolute dross pretty much all season.[/quote]It''s not so much the run of defeats for me but the fact that we have been playing poorly for virtually the whole season.Sadly I think most fans feel AN has reached the end of the road but whether the Board agree is another matter.

The only reason I''m still on the fence is the lack of an obvious replacement - the performances on the pitch over the whole season have been way below what we should expect from a squad of this quality (on paper, at least). The fans don''t appear to be at breaking point yet - lose at Derby, though, and the Brentford match could be a real cauldron a la Worthy v Burnley.Until we start hearing loud and strident "Neil out" chants (very different to "Neil, sort it out", by the way), or "Are you watching Delia" etc., there''s no way the board will consider removing him. If the fans really do want him out (and I''m not just talking about the small sample on this message board), they will have to be unified and loud against the manager. At the moment, I''m not totally convinced that that''s the case.

[quote user="Feedthewolf"]The only reason I''m still on the fence is the lack of an obvious replacement - the performances on the pitch over the whole season have been way below what we should expect from a squad of this quality (on paper, at least). The fans don''t appear to be at breaking point yet - lose at Derby, though, and the Brentford match could be a real cauldron a la Worthy v Burnley.Until we start hearing loud and strident "Neil out" chants (very different to "Neil, sort it out", by the way), or "Are you watching Delia" etc., there''s no way the board will consider removing him. If the fans really do want him out (and I''m not just talking about the small sample on this message board), they will have to be unified and loud against the manager. At the moment, I''m not totally convinced that that''s the case.[/quote]^^^This.

I understand that there were chants of "sacked in the morning" after the second QPR goal went in, not sure how many of the away support were involved. The sending off has probably saved Alex Neil this week, it should not be the case though as all the reports I have heard, from those that went and via the commentary on Radio Norfolk/ BBC Final score are we were very poor again (insipid was a a well used word) and the penalty itself was as a direct result of abject defending. Alex Neil is not going to get us promoted to the Prem in my opinion, assuming this is the goal of Norwich City at the start of the season, then it is a "sack" from me......

[quote user="Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB"]I understand that there were chants of "sacked in the morning" after the second QPR goal went in, not sure how many of the away support were involved. The sending off has probably saved Alex Neil this week, it should not be the case though as all the reports I have heard, from those that went and via the commentary on Radio Norfolk/ BBC Final score are we were very poor again (insipid was a a well used word) and the penalty itself was as a direct result of abject defending. Alex Neil is not going to get us promoted to the Prem in my opinion, assuming this is the goal of Norwich City at the start of the season, then it is a "sack" from me......[/quote]Was there?I didn''t hear them.

I can only go by what I was told by somebody who was at the game Morty, I am guessing it must have only been a few people in the vicinity of where my friend was sitting.....

I agree Bristol City, we have not really played that well all season, and the last five or six games we have been awful, with no sign of things improving......

[quote user="Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB"]I can only go by what I was told by somebody who was at the game Morty, I am guessing it must have only been a few people in the vicinity of where my friend was sitting.....

I agree Bristol City, we have not really played that well all season, and the last five or six games we have been awful, with no sign of things improving......[/quote]To be honest apart from a few "Neil sort it outs" I would put the crowd still at the level of "discontented grumbling" for a lot of the game yesterday. Bordering on pretty supportive, at times.

What we need are Delia your a whore chants , make her stop wanting to go to the games and maybe she will sell , eveyones a winner .

As for Neil he is already gone , no way back for him now and ranks up there with Gunn as one of our worst ever managers.

[quote user="Prem1"]What we need are Delia your a whore chants , make her stop wanting to go to the games and maybe she will sell , eveyones a winner .

As for Neil he is already gone , no way back for him now and ranks up there with Gunn as one of our worst ever managers.[/quote]Lovely[Y]

What troubles me most, is the sheer amount of sloppy goals we''re conceding, each and every game!

Do we not possess a defensive coach at the club, as we''re putting huge pressure on the team (albeit from 2nd min this time, when it''s usually from 46!)

If he hasn''t sorted that out in 16 games, I don''t think he will. Even Klose looks a shade of the quality he did last season, so somethings going very wrong

So let me get this straight.....

Because some people on here deem there not be an obvious replacement right now, we should carry on with AN?

Instead we should carry on watching awful performances and now piss poor results, fading further and further away from automatic promotion certainly and won''t be long before play offs out of reach.

Yea this makes sense

When this job becomes available there will be managers up and down the country taking a serious glance towards Carrow rd. Including many currently in jobs in this division.

I think he''ll survive this week and probably Derby unless we get an absolute spanking, which on current form, looks a possibility.

I personally think Brentford is likely to be the end for Neil as I suspect another away defeat and another poor showing at home will have most of the 25,000 crowd seriously on his case.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB"]I can only go by what I was told by somebody who was at the game Morty, I am guessing it must have only been a few people in the vicinity of where my friend was sitting.....

I agree Bristol City, we have not really played that well all season, and the last five or six games we have been awful, with no sign of things improving......[/quote]To be honest apart from a few "Neil sort it outs" I would put the crowd still at the level of "discontented grumbling" for a lot of the game yesterday. Bordering on pretty supportive, at times.[/quote]Just about agree with your '' discontented grumbling '' Morty.I was sitting near you and never heard any " sacked in the morning " chants. Several renditions of " Neil, Neil where''s your subs ? " along with the " sort it outs " but I think the improved 2nd half performance and having Olsson sent off got him out of jail yesterday.Doubt the crowd will be so charitable at the next Carrow Rd game if we''ve lost at Derby in the meantime.

[quote user="Clint"]I think he''ll survive this week and probably Derby unless we get an absolute spanking, which on current form, looks a possibility.

I personally think Brentford is likely to be the end for Neil as I suspect another away defeat and another poor showing at home will have most of the 25,000 crowd seriously on his case.[/quote]I think if its a poor show at Derby then they will get shot before the next home game.Avoid another Worthington / Hughton scenario.

[quote user="Chemical Bro"]So let me get this straight.....

Because some people on here deem there not be an obvious replacement right now, we should carry on with AN?

Instead we should carry on watching awful performances and now piss poor results, fading further and further away from automatic promotion certainly and won''t be long before play offs out of reach.

Yea this makes sense

When this job becomes available there will be managers up and down the country taking a serious glance towards Carrow rd. Including many currently in jobs in this division.[/quote]This makes me cringe. It''s those suggesting a tired old Hodgson, or a woefully

inexperienced Giggs or Neville, as if they''re the only ones available,

that put a lot of people off changing manager.There''s the whole European Union to look through, plus other EU nationals working elsewhere in the world. We should easily be able to consider say 10 candidates who are willing and good enough to manage our club.