Sign in to follow this  
Captain Birdseye

Is he just holding on for the compensation?

Neil must know the game is up

Why doesn''t his self respect mean that he will resign. The only answer I can come up with he is waited for a big pay day

It says so much about the man and modern football

I don''t think he does think the game is up.

I honestly believe he doenst think things a that bad, even though he does not know his best 11, is stuck in a rigid formation and transfer windows have been questionable at best

He''ll probably be thinking that this is just an inevitable rough patch that most teams go through at one stage of the season and that it will end sooner rather than later and we''ll go on another impressive run.

The board will think exactly the same thing.

The problem is that, with Gunn~Lambert and Adams~Neil many supporters have reason to see grass as greener with a new man at the helm.

He''s not going anywhere in 2016.

Having seen in the accounts that the going rate for loss of office is £1.4million you could well be right Glen.

It never ceases to amaze me this money thing in football and how we as fans are bought off ! We pay hugely to watch something, we debits hours, you could argue very wastefully. Why, because we live our team. And Neil will be a millionaire already, set up for life. So will nearly every single player. And why should we not have performances'' week on week with the amount of money this manager in particular has spent. More than any other. Yet he hasn''t the ability to be equal to that sum of riches. Like me no doubt either if I was in his position. So getting another million for not doing the job is incredible and who will pay for that? There is collective responsibility, board, players, manager alike. As fans we just pay for it all. We have two choices as ever. Sorry, rant over.

Too much ranting and not checking my words (pesky smartphone predictive text). Debits should read waste, live should read love

Does it link into the brexit, trump anti establishment movement that we are seeing at the moment. How long will it be before we see demonstrations at a football match. Paid far too much by the masses and then not particularly giving a toss....sound familiar:)

Think you definitely have something Bagster. There is a loss in connection with fans.

Afraid nothing has changed Alex Neil had no idea of his best team last season and had no clue right up to the end

Still the same this season players who do not even make the squad picked the following game, poor substitution''s etc. Continually putting Lafferty in the squad and getting no game time.

The list is endless.

In a strange coincidence, it was 2007 and defeat at QPR meant we had also lost 4 or 5 in a row I believe and then Peter Grant did the honorable thing and decided he was not up to the job and walked. I''ve always admired him for that. And that was with a team we expected to struggle with, but now AN is just taking the p*ss - clearly, as the OP says, holding out for the compo.

[quote user="Hairy Canary"]I think he believes he can turn it around. Amazingly on in four supporters think so too based on the twitter poll.[/quote]I read somewhere this was based on a thousand fans who responded. I wonder what the other at least 25,000 have to say ?

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Hairy Canary"]I think he believes he can turn it around. Amazingly on in four supporters think so too based on the twitter poll.[/quote]I read somewhere this was based on a thousand fans who responded. I wonder what the other at least 25,000 have to say ?[/quote]

Statistical polling analysis will tell you that if you ask that many people there will be a wide range of opinions.

Morty

Never stated Lafferty is/was the answer just that week in week out Lafferty is in the squad and never gets a look in apart from occasional couple of minutes when all is lost anyway

[quote user="morty"]Jesus Christ.Lafferty is not the answer.[/quote]

Depends of course what the question is, if for example there''s ten minutes to go and you need a physical presence that will run himself into the ground, lift the crowd and actually has the ability to score, I suggest the answer to that question might well be Lafferty!

[quote user="A Load of Squit"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Hairy Canary"]I think he believes he can turn it around. Amazingly on in four supporters think so too based on the twitter poll.[/quote]I read somewhere this was based on a thousand fans who responded. I wonder what the other at least 25,000 have to say ?[/quote]

Statistical polling analysis will tell you that if you ask that many people there will be a wide range of opinions.

[/quote]The question was '' Should Alex Neil Go '' which does not give too many options as a response Squit.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="A Load of Squit"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Hairy Canary"]I think he believes he can turn it around. Amazingly on in four supporters think so too based on the twitter poll.[/quote]I read somewhere this was based on a thousand fans who responded. I wonder what the other at least 25,000 have to say ?[/quote]

[/quote]The question was '' Should Alex Neil Go '' which does not give too many options as a response Squit.[/quote]The question I was responding to was ''I wonder what the other at least 25,000 have to say?'' You may recognise it.

[quote user="A Load of Squit"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="A Load of Squit"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Hairy Canary"]I think he believes he can turn it around. Amazingly on in four supporters think so too based on the twitter poll.[/quote]I read somewhere this was based on a thousand fans who responded. I wonder what the other at least 25,000 have to say ?[/quote]

[/quote]The question was '' Should Alex Neil Go '' which does not give too many options as a response Squit.[/quote]The question I was responding to was ''I wonder what the other at least 25,000 have to say?'' You may recognise it.

[/quote]Let me qualify that then for you as yet again you attempt to score points when i am involved.....i wonder what the other at least 25,000 have to say to the question should Alex Neil go ?

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="A Load of Squit"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="A Load of Squit"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Hairy Canary"]I think he believes he can turn it around. Amazingly on in four supporters think so too based on the twitter poll.[/quote]I read somewhere this was based on a thousand fans who responded. I wonder what the other at least 25,000 have to say ?[/quote]

[/quote]Let me qualify that then for you as yet again you attempt to score points when i am involved.....i wonder what the other at least 25,000 have to say to the question should Alex Neil go ?[/quote]

I''m not giving you any special treatment, you just don''t like being challenged.And it''s the same answer as before, if you give people yes or no questions some never answer in that fashion, the more you ask the greater the opportunity for diverse answers.

[8]Together we stand, divided we fall,Come on now people, let''s get on the ball and work together, Come on, come on let''s work together, now now people,

''Cause together we will stand every, every girl and a man... Before when things go wrong, as they sometimes will,

And the road that you travel, it stays all up hill,

Let''s work together, come on, come on, let''s work together,

Now now people, you know together we will stand,

Every boy, girl, woman and a man ...[8]

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]In a strange coincidence, it was 2007 and defeat at QPR meant we had also lost 4 or 5 in a row I believe and then Peter Grant did the honorable thing and decided he was not up to the job and walked. I''ve always admired him for that. And that was with a team we expected to struggle with, but now AN is just taking the p*ss - clearly, as the OP says, holding out for the compo.[/quote]

Are you having a laugh, alex_ncfc? Fair play to Peter Grant, yes, he was excellent managing Led Zeppelin but not us and respect to him for handing in his notice. However, I think PG was pretty stupid. He did not support Norwich City and unless you''re seriously stupid then you''d be foolish to walk when you could be days away from a nice hefty payout.