Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Shrimper

Eastwood or Commons . . . or both?

What are YOU doing Sunday afternoon? After despairing over England struggling to win 1-0 against a weak Austrian side on Saturday afternoon, 24 hours later I shall be sitting back anticipating the delights of Sarfend v Forest live on Sky. Come December, as the transfer window approaches, there will be much debate about who we should sign, and the names of Freddie Eastwood and Kris Commons will, again,  be on many a list. A chance therefore to run the rule over them now and speak with an informed tongue come January. Additionally its an opportunity to catch up with the fortunes of Spencer Prior and Che Wilson (remember him?), and even Nicky Southall who I see is turning out for Forest. Unfortunately, Holty isn''t in the team; I hear he didn''t start off too well, but maybe he''s injured. Anyway, as there''s not too much affection for Mr Megson around Norwich, I''m sure you''ll all join me in a cry of ''Cum on you blues'' (the 2nd best team in the world . . . imo)

Me and my gf are actually off to the match. She''s a Forest fan (part time Norwich), so I''ll report on Mr Commons then. He''s a great player, saw him earlier in the year. Maybe when Ashton gets sold in January we''ll be able to afford him.

[quote]Me and my gf are actually off to the match. She''s a Forest fan (part time Norwich), so I''ll report on Mr Commons then. He''s a great player, saw him earlier in the year. Maybe when Ashton gets sold in ...[/quote]

What makes you think that Ashton will be sold in January then cheeky monkey?  If we do sell him it will be because he wants to leave not because we want to sell him. Imo he will be here until at least the end of the season, longer if we get promoted.

Quote "After despairing over England struggling to win 1-0 against a weak Austrian side on Saturday .."

Wow can I borrow your crystal ball for next week, it''s much better than Wiz''s cloudy ones.

Watched the game on Sky (not the same I know) and I thought Eastwood looked the finished ''Must Have'' article.

IMHO, Commons looked very average and overweight!.

Mind you, David Johnson looked sharp at times!.

£5m (!:w00t Commons is today being linked with Everton - if the real asking price is even a fraction of this then it is frankly pie in the sky.

OTBC