Sign in to follow this  
Bagster

Players wages

Touched on this subject earlier but I wondered what the general view is. I am not sure if this is true but if the likes of jarvis has a contract of 18000 per week and the average uk wage is 27600 he has just earnt in one year what the average brit will earn in 34 years. When you look at it like that it seems quite ridiculous seeing as he has done f... All in that time.

Do people think that players wages have got way out of hand?

Are football players now part of the social elite?

Do you think that with all the modern methods ect that they have actually got any better at playing the game?

Wages are a consequence of the television deals in football and it now being part of the entertainment industry rather than working man''s entertainment.

But the world changes and we have to adjust with it. Nobody would surely argue that footballers wages are fair or representative of their value to society, but the same is true of actors and actresses, basketball players, baseball players, etc etc.

[quote user="Bagster"]Touched on this subject earlier but I wondered what the general view is. I am not sure if this is true but if the likes of jarvis has a contract of 18000 per week and the average uk wage is 27600 he has just earnt in one year what the average brit will earn in 34 years. When you look at it like that it seems quite ridiculous seeing as he has done f... All in that time.

Do people think that players wages have got way out of hand?

Are football players now part of the social elite?

Do you think that with all the modern methods ect that they have actually got any better at playing the game?[/quote]

Are you saying that if he earnt less Jarvis wouldn''t have got injured?

No I wasnt.

Are you saying that if they weren''t so wealthy and needed the money maybe they would play more often. :)

Not so sure about that. Have you applied that to a real life situation or are you just saying that. In a real life scenario and this applies differently to different people but once someone becomes set up for life and money is no longer a problem to them they can get just a little lazier.

How many times do we see younger players look fantastic and then sort of lose their way.

What about Michael Turner, what a lovely little number he has. Trains probably 4-5 days a week few hours, gets weekends off and plays for the u23s about once a month.

Now 5th choice centre half, was signed as 1st choice in the prem so probably on a pretty decent wage.

So we''ve established that players are very well played and that there are some who are well down the pecking order with reference to being in the first team.Any ''new'' revelations that you want to share with us?

Tbh squit just asked the question....do you think players pay has got out of hand ..... Nothing more to it really. Its a forum what else can I say.

the bigger players in world football like bale etc cost nothing due to the revenue they earn the club

i think Real Madrid said they would get the money back from transfer back in shirt sales alone

same with Rooney the money they earn the club is alot more than they are paid so fair play to them

its players like Jarvis Turner etc who will be millionaires earning great money but not giving anything back to the club are the ones that is hard to take but the club signed the contract

Ok look at it this way at a time when there has never been so much money going into football the actual football clubs are doing well if they break even, it seems clubs now need billionaire backers who can afford to lose a few mil each season.

There is no denying that they needed and deserved to earn more money when Jimmy Hill got the wage cap abolished but have we not got to the other end of the spectrum now where players wages and agents I might add just take all the money out of the game.

There doesnt seem to be any logical link anymore, every time sky signs a new contract the players get more expensive.

Its got to a point that the new money isn''t making the difference it could because it just goes straight back out the door.

At the same time clubs are struggling financially with many in a dire situation.