Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Wal

Please don't let it be him

A different twist.

If Alex Neil is to go who would be the last of the ''serious'' contenders you would want to get the job?

My choice would be Roy Hodgson.

Yes, plenty of experience but boring football with little flair and any manager who could have a resignation speech ready before playing Iceland must be seriously lacking in self confidence.

Hodgson is a decent club manager. Would prefer him to anyone who has never managed a club, so bottom of the list for me are Giggs, Gerrard and Lampard. And Danny Mills just because he is a sandy little butthole.

[quote user="Yellow Wal"]A different twist.

If Alex Neil is to go who would be the last of the ''serious'' contenders you would want to get the job?

Yes, plenty of experience but boring football with little flair and any manager who could have a resignation speech ready before playing Iceland must be seriously lacking in self confidence.[/quote]

Well at least he had a plan b. Unlike the useless tool we have as a manager

[quote user="have my howson it"][quote user="Yellow Wal"]A different twist.

Yes, plenty of experience but boring football with little flair and any manager who could have a resignation speech ready before playing Iceland must be seriously lacking in self confidence.[/quote]

Well at least he had a plan b. Unlike the useless tool we have as a manager[/quote]Shut up.

Did a great job at Fulham and West Brom, similar size clubs to us. Interstingly the West Brom fans would be keen to see him back there. There''s no such thing as a ''long term'' appointment at a club like ours anymore, if Hodgson can get us motivated and promoted then that''s all we ask this season.

lake district canary wrote the following post at 2016-11-21 3:44 AM:

have my howson it wrote:

Yellow Wal wrote:

A different twist. If Alex Neil is to go who would be the last of the ''serious'' contenders you would want to get the job? My choice would be Roy Hodgson. Yes, plenty of experience but boring football with little flair and any manager who could have a resignation speech ready before playing Iceland must be seriously lacking in self confidence.

Shut up.

Keep clapping Lakey - think you may just be in the minority here!

Don''t shoot me but I wouldn''t mind old wonky nose Mick McCarthy . I know he''s scum but he managed to get that shower of sh#t into the play offs plus prem experience lives down the road and knows our jez .

[quote user="Iwans teeth"]Don''t shoot me but I wouldn''t mind old wonky nose Mick McCarthy . I know he''s scum but he managed to get that shower of sh#t into the play offs plus prem experience lives down the road and knows our jez .[/quote]BANG !

[quote user="City 2nd"]lake district canary wrote the following post at 2016-11-21 3:44 AM:

have my howson it wrote:

Yellow Wal wrote:

A different twist. If Alex Neil is to go who would be the last of the ''serious'' contenders you would want to get the job? My choice would be Roy Hodgson. Yes, plenty of experience but boring football with little flair and any manager who could have a resignation speech ready before playing Iceland must be seriously lacking in self confidence.

Shut up.

Keep clapping Lakey - think you may just be in the minority here![/quote]

My post was about his ugly language, not his opinion.

Hodgson till the end of the season wouldn''t be the worst appointment at all.

If he gets us up the job is his. If it doesn''t happen it gives the club time to take stock and make the right appointment.

[quote user="Iwans teeth"]Don''t shoot me but I wouldn''t mind old wonky nose Mick McCarthy . I know he''s scum but he managed to get that shower of sh#t into the play offs plus prem experience lives down the road and knows our jez .[/quote]I would take this, purely for comedy value.

[quote user="The Walking Man "]Did a great job at Fulham and West Brom, similar size clubs to us. Interstingly the West Brom fans would be keen to see him back there. There''s no such thing as a ''long term'' appointment at a club like ours anymore, if Hodgson can get us motivated and promoted then that''s all we ask this season. [/quote]

I don''t know which West Brom vans you are referring to but the many West Brom fans I spoke to on visits (the Vine!), when he was Manager, all hated him

[quote user="Webbo118"][quote user="The Walking Man "]Did a great job at Fulham and West Brom, similar size clubs to us. Interstingly the West Brom fans would be keen to see him back there. There''s no such thing as a ''long term'' appointment at a club like ours anymore, if Hodgson can get us motivated and promoted then that''s all we ask this season. [/quote]

I don''t know which West Brom vans you are referring to but the many West Brom fans I spoke to on visits (the Vine!), when he was Manager, all hated him[/quote]Yes, but now with the benfit of hindsight (oh what a wonderful thing) would have him back now.

[quote user="The Walking Man "][quote user="Webbo118"][quote user="The Walking Man "]Did a great job at Fulham and West Brom, similar size clubs to us. Interstingly the West Brom fans would be keen to see him back there. There''s no such thing as a ''long term'' appointment at a club like ours anymore, if Hodgson can get us motivated and promoted then that''s all we ask this season. [/quote]

I don''t know which West Brom vans you are referring to but the many West Brom fans I spoke to on visits (the Vine!), when he was Manager, all hated him[/quote]Yes, but now with the benfit of hindsight (oh what a wonderful thing) would have him back now. [/quote]

Really? I somehow doubt it.

[quote user="Buh"]Karl Robinson?[/quote]

I think you need several more question marks than one. Not a chance (I sincerely hope)