Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

If ever the board needs to keep it's nerve.......

.....not sure how a "sacked" player stands in terms of signing for another club outside of a transfer window......but I know I''d have Joey Barton in here tomorrow morning...just the thing we need for both our ailing midfield and some of the fragile personalities we clearly have at the club.

One thing I think AN deserves credit for is he clearly hasn''t done a bad job with the youngsters. Now, it''s easier to attain respect of the younger players particularly when you''re the one giving them a chance in the first team but you can''t deny that Jacob, josh and Thompson have looked first team quality which is a bonus.

The overriding factor of that is we have a very good squad with a mixture of youth and experience and by no stretch should we even be remotely close to not winning a league game in 5 consecutive matches.

He could have potentially gained extra credit had our recruitment been good under his tenure, the main problem here is the longer players have played under him the worse they''ve looked. Naismith, Klose and Pritchard have all looked considerably better players under different managers. That isn''t just him, it''s the coaching team too. In fact I''d be happy for Alex Neil to stay on I think if we had a decent coaching team behind him with experience rather than Frankie and co.

Hogs that''s a fair point, but would be nice to see him give the youngsters like Pritchard & Thompson a good run in the starting 11, they both deserve it.

Marty, I''d be content with Roy replacing AN for the rest of the season and to oversee or be involved in the selection of the next manager in the summer.

[quote user="morty"]I would not be happy with Woy as manager.[/quote]

If Hodgson was appointed manager, I would seriously consider if I wanted to renew my season ticket in a few months

Parma wrote this;

Developing a coherent philosophy, Company structure, consistent coaching methodology throughout all club age groups, a pattern of play is indeed highly desirable.

So parma can you explain to me that if you want a consistent model throughout the club the Development Squad play a two up front formation and the first team always stick to one? A lack of consistency there is plain to see so do we have that ''coherent philosophy''?

An interesting question to ask at the AGM might be this Ron:

''Who is responsible for defining the over-arching philosophy of the club, who is responsible for implementing it at all levels and who oversees and ensures that mission creep does not occur?''

Parma

[quote user="Parma Ham''s gone mouldy"]An interesting question to ask at the AGM might be this Ron:

''Who is responsible for defining the over-arching philosophy of the club, who is responsible for implementing it at all levels and who oversees and ensures that mission creep does not occur?''

ParmaI can imagine the blank looks at the top table......................

[quote user="OldRobert"][quote user="Parma Ham''s gone mouldy"]An interesting question to ask at the AGM might be this Ron:

ParmaI can imagine the blank looks at the top table......................[/quote]That would be the CEO then... mission creep that is

Thanks Parma, it does make you think that we are not all singing from the same hymn sheet, doesn''t it.

[quote user="hogesar"]One thing I think AN deserves credit for is he clearly hasn''t done a bad job with the youngsters. Now, it''s easier to attain respect of the younger players particularly when you''re the one giving them a chance in the first team but you can''t deny that Jacob, josh and Thompson have looked first team quality which is a bonus.

The overriding factor of that is we have a very good squad with a mixture of youth and experience and by no stretch should we even be remotely close to not winning a league game in 5 consecutive matches.

He could have potentially gained extra credit had our recruitment been good under his tenure, the main problem here is the longer players have played under him the worse they''ve looked. Naismith, Klose and Pritchard have all looked considerably better players under different managers. That isn''t just him, it''s the coaching team too. In fact I''d be happy for Alex Neil to stay on I think if we had a decent coaching team behind him with experience rather than Frankie and co.[/quote]

So has Nathan Redmond looked better under a different manager

@Morty

''I genuinely think that a new manager won''t get much more out of the players that we have.''

This is a statement I fundamentally disagree with- this is a decent squad with some real talent. If you honestly think that a new manager wouldn''t get more than 5 losses on the bounce out of them then I''d be seriously concerned about the strength of the squad we''ve assembled.

[quote user="king canary"]@Morty

''I genuinely think that a new manager won''t get much more out of the players that we have.''

This is a statement I fundamentally disagree with- this is a decent squad with some real talent. If you honestly think that a new manager wouldn''t get more than 5 losses on the bounce out of them then I''d be seriously concerned about the strength of the squad we''ve assembled.[/quote]

Do you think a new manager would get 7 out of 8 wins?  [:^)]

This is a statement I fundamentally disagree with- this is a decent squad with some real talent. If you honestly think that a new manager wouldn''t get more than 5 losses on the bounce out of them then I''d be seriously concerned about the strength of the squad we''ve assembled.[/quote]Sure, I expect a dead cat bounce, and there will likely be signs of improvement.But a core issue remains that we offered contracts to average players that needed upgrading. A new manager won''t necessarily be the quick fix people think it will be.

I would personally like to know what input Alex Neil had in offering some of the below-par squad players new contracts. I don''t see why the likes of Turner and Whittaker are still here draining the club of wage payments when they contribute sod-all.

@Morty

I just feel like this team is playing at less than the sum of its parts. I think a different manager could make us tougher to break down, more compact, more organised and get more out of players with undoubted talent like Pritchard and Brady.

Also if you feel this squad isn''t good enough then why does Neil escape censure when he''s had four transfer windows to improve it. We''ve signed 14 players permanently since he arrived and yet we don''t look any better than when he arrived.

I just feel like this team is playing at less than the sum of its parts. I think a different manager could make us tougher to break down, more compact, more organised and get more out of players with undoubted talent like Pritchard and Brady.

Also if you feel this squad isn''t good enough then why does Neil escape censure when he''s had four transfer windows to improve it. We''ve signed 14 players permanently since he arrived and yet we don''t look any better than when he arrived.[/quote]Well if you read other threads I post in, he isn''t escaping censure.I don''t believe that every contractual mistake is down to him.It basically is summed up with"Theres something wrong, we can''t sack the players, something must change very quickly, or we have to try something else".

[quote user="Canary Wundaboy"]I would personally like to know what input Alex Neil had in offering some of the below-par squad players new contracts. I don''t see why the likes of Turner and Whittaker are still here draining the club of wage payments when they contribute sod-all.[/quote]

Both got automatic contract extensions as a result of us being promoted. Also, we will only sell them if someone wants to offer us a price for them!

@Morty

Yeah I think that is fair. I guess where we differ is how much more another manager could be getting out of these players. I have the same gut feeling that I had when Hughton or Adams were in charge- simply that we''re playing as less than the sum of our parts.

Yeah I think that is fair. I guess where we differ is how much more another manager could be getting out of these players. I have the same gut feeling that I had when Hughton or Adams were in charge- simply that we''re playing as less than the sum of our parts.[/quote]I see what you''re saying, but really its a complete unknown. A new manager may get less out of them. Thats why I think the very best outcome is that Alex sorts it out, but it is looking less and less likely with each defeat.I would only want change if it was for the better, which of course you don''t know till once you have done it.Which is why I am glad I''m not paid to make those decisions....

[quote user="king canary"]@woodman

I believe that was true of Turner but not Whits, we chose to offer him a new deal.[/quote]

Did we? Apologies. I think Whits would have done ok for us while Pinto is injured, but he has been injured himself (stomach op I believe). I prefer Martin at centre back to right back.

EDP poll currently says 80% in favour of sacking AN with nearly 1200 votes.

@Morty

Yes I agree in an ideal world Alex turns it around. However I''ve been doubtful for a while about his ability to, mainly based on his inability to fix the defence at all since he''s been here. It is an unknown but I can''t help feeling that with AN we are on a downward curve that we won''t get out of and waiting too long could be damaging.

And still our board says nothing !!!!

I have said previously that all the investment in our youth is setting us up for a period in the Championship. The fluidity of the u23 performances will mean the board have confidence in the future whatever league we are in. But are those performances down to AN. If they were then why can''t the first team play like that.

[quote user="canarycop"]And still our board says nothing !!!!

I have said previously that all the investment in our youth is setting us up for a period in the Championship. The fluidity of the u23 performances will mean the board have confidence in the future whatever league we are in. But are those performances down to AN. If they were then why can''t the first team play like that.[/quote]What do you want them to say?

How can the NCFC board stick with a manager who has lost the dressing room? Do they expect him to somehow ''regain'' it?

While I think the squad has more petulant ar@eholes than we have ever had - many I would love to see there back of - it''s game over for AN here, it''s just that Delia gets too close to ''their'' man and haven''t got the nous to sack him.