Sign in to follow this  
Minster Canary

Get David Wagner in

Everyone seems to be speaking of the issue that there aren''t any credible candidates currently available should Alex Neil get the chop, so I suggest we do exactly what we did when we appointed Lambert/Hughton/Neil and poach another teams manager, and my number one choice would be David Wagner of Huddersfield.

Granted, Huddersfield are hardly in a poor league position themselves, but their early season form seems to have fizzled out ever so slightly. There is, however, no doubt that David Wagner has a team punching well above their weight with his unorthodox methods, tactical nous and speciality in creating a tight-knit squad who want to play for one another. He''s learnt from the best in Germany and could be an excellent choice.

Huddersfield are unlikely to want to part ways with him but we''ve seen before just how appealing Norwich City is to rival managers, the current playing squad (which in my opinion needs a radical overhaul), the stadium and the fan base. He''d be an exciting prospect for NCFC fans, interested to know others thoughts on him.

A good 3 months isn''t long enough to determine whether he is a good manager or not. If we''re going to pick a manager from the Championship then the outstanding candidate is Gary Rowett.

I think the club need a experienced manager who will be strong enough to stand up to the board.

The board want NCFC to be as big as Brentford/Huddersfield but in reality NCFC are as big as Leicester/Stoke.

[URL=http://s869.photobucket.com/user/mortymccarthy/media/RichardWagner_zpse2kntb6x.jpg.html][IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/RichardWagner_zpse2kntb6x.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Wasn''t he in Hart to Hart with Stefanie Powers?

They were the days, didn''t realise he got into management though.

Probably Sam Allardyce would be best bet for promotion but I agree MC that Wagner would be an exciting choice. Very Kloppesque which may mean it would take him this season to sort out. He''s an intelligent man and doesn''t suffer fools. Would the board find that attractive? There are always his religious and political views to take into consideration one would imagine.

[quote user="Number9"]Wasn''t he in Hart to Hart with Stefanie Powers?

They were the days, didn''t realise he got into management though.[/quote]

Think you will find that was Robert Wagner. As an aside, my dearly beloveds favourite show!

Oh and David Wagner doesn''t really inspire me. Would like to see Warburton personally.

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Yes Warburton is a good shout too but I fear neither Wagner or Warburton would touch us with the current set up[/quote]
Has your German mate got a club yet Bury? The guy who peed off Holty?