Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

The Return of Delia's Dolls House.

Delia Smith is a very nice person and truly loves Norwich City Football Club. I know, I have met her a few times.

I suspect she is also the kind of person who benefits from having the right people around her; the kind of person who stops her going on the pitch at half-time or writing chants about Cedric Anselin in the matchday programme. The kind of person, or persons too who stop her thinking she can run the Club.

Her niceness leads her to building friendships and being inhibited by them. The classic example for me was Nigel Worthington and we are in a Worthingtonesque situation now where a manager who took us into the EPL and suffered relegation has been retained and is struggling.

The best decision she ever made was to buy herself a dispassionate attack dog named McNally to do the dirty business. McNally was so much the antithesis of Delia he was just right for the football side and too much for the soft skills required with the fans, however, the fans swallowed his abrasiveness for the success on the pitch.

But McNally made a one way trip to the vets along with Bowkett and in came the Prince Regent and eventually some bloke called Moxey (apparently).

And so Dynastic Delia is back for another go and we are again a Club run on sentiment and emotion. You know, the Dalai Lama is a lovely bloke who says beautiful things and sees the world through a pacifist prism but......he is an exile from his own country which is annexed and suppressed.

Goldilocks was a pleasant albeit naive girl whose trusting nature saw her becoming a lupine lunch until McNally the woodsman came along with an axe.

Alex Neil is like the present Chairman on Strictly Come Dancing; he knows he is doing badly but sentiment won''t let him leave and eventually both will end up craving their demise like Tithonus, but without release.

It comes from the top I''m afraid and with the present set up we are in trouble. Welcome to the dolls house.

It comes from the top I''m afraid and with the present set up we are in trouble

Spot on.

Having watched this scenario go round and round circle after circle I can predict the posts and the posters. Too many of us have been on this board for too long. Rudolph knows how I think and I know how he thinks. And it''s the same for so many of us that anything we post holds no weight anymore. Rudolph did all this ten years ago. So did I. So much has happened since then.
Would it have been different if people had got their way ten years ago or even seven years ago? Hand on hearts now guys. Would it have been better or worse if the dollies house had been burned down in 2006 or 2009?

I actually have no problem with the owners or not being sold off to some overseas consortium.

What I think they need to do is to distance themselves from certain operations and employ a few people who might disagree with them. That''s healthy.

I have said before how NCFC is a ''nice'' Club and it''s best moments have been through employing the mavericks. Even Worthy for goodness sake gave the Board an ultimatum when he was caretaker manager. They always seem to need their hand forced.

NN! You need to stop defending the indefensible it''s rather tiresome and all to predictable. Have an honest look at the situation and get the blinkers off. We''re in decline and it COULD be stopped. However with this board and fans like yourself happy just to be at the game regardless of how bad we play etc the situation will not be rectified anytime soon.

Quite right Drazen. Got carried away by the alliteration.

As for Goldilocks:

Hughton was too defensive.

Neil is too attacking.

But Lambert was just right.........and now he is Lupine.

[quote user="Countryside Canary"]NN! You need to stop defending the indefensible it''s rather tiresome and all to predictable. Have an honest look at the situation and get the blinkers off. We''re in decline and it COULD be stopped. However with this board and fans like yourself happy just to be at the game regardless of how bad we play etc the situation will not be rectified anytime soon.[/quote]
I think, to be fair, that you are the problem CC. You see you criticise me on here but behave like me off here. If you haven''t got enough gumption to try get what you want how on earth do you expect the likes of me to find it within us?

[quote user="VanWink"]Yep using multiple accounts would seem to be one.[/quote]
Now I don''t know any current multiple account users Winky. Spill the beans...

And while we''re at it what name did you used to post under Vanwank and why did you change it?

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]I actually have no problem with the owners or not being sold off to some overseas consortium.

What I think they need to do is to distance themselves from certain operations and employ a few people who might disagree with them. That''s healthy.

I have said before how NCFC is a ''nice'' Club and it''s best moments have been through employing the mavericks. Even Worthy for goodness sake gave the Board an ultimatum when he was caretaker manager. They always seem to need their hand forced.[/quote]Yep, the best two managers under the present owners have been strongest characters. They also started off with perhaps the least amount of money to spend. It''s when we get richer that it starts to go wrong.Perhaps the lesson here is that when we don''t have much dosh we''re forced to get value from our buys, and generally build a younger side.

Delia and Michael are fans. They are huge supporters of Norwich City and they own the club.

They run it with the very best of intentions and want desperately for the club to be successful and sustainable.

They are poor millionaires, but they do not use the football club as a vehicle to achieve other financial, political or strategic aims.

They employ well qualified Chief Executives, run a mutual-style financial model investing all available monies into the team and Academy.

They have a succession plan for another fan who they love and trust. They will leave their shares via a trust that will protect the club even ahead of their own blood.

They use their profile to lament the way the game has become a vehicle for television and outside interests, often without the football and the fans as their primary objective.

They have overseen the most successful period in the club''s history in terms of finance, promotions and incoming transfers, with record signings now the norm. A £5m back-up striker was signed in the summer ''on the cheap''.

The club massively over-achieve in terms of wealth-to-success ratios and routinely have a very low wages ceiling when at the top table. Due to the Yo-yoing nature of the club, there is an ongoing paradox of trying to sign quality high level players good enough to keep us in the Premier League who are conversely not necessarily ideally suited to the Championship. Conversely the players hat are suited - and perhaps too good for the more rough-and-tumble Championship - are not highly-skilled or refined enough for the top tier. After repeated trips up or down, such delineations become apparent to fans, Manager and the players themselves. Norwich are simply not in a position to bridge this overnight and the huge flux up of down widens the rift (even when moving forwards).

All of this is the nature of football in England, where £5bn deals have distorted the historic pattern. Within a very few years a mediocre club that has scraped the playoffs, found a hot striker and stayed up for 3 years can overturn a small stadium and 50 years of low level history. Conversely massive clubs can be relegated with expensive, mercenary squads of 35 and become mired outside the top tier and cut adrift. They are many historically ''small'' clubs in the Premier League and many large ''old'' clubs with half-empty stadiums in the Championship.

Distant, soulless owners now run many of them for their own motives and benefits. Dreaming of an easy win and vault upwards that they cannot - and will not - all achieve.

So there is your real choice. Not some utopian dream of perfection that is not on offer.

Parma

Top post Parma.

It makes it all the more dispiriting that when the opportunity of the PL came our way, twice, that we were not able to make the most of it. Certainly we were hampered in our attempt to do that by our financial position.

We therefore needed a manager who was able to over achieve for a couple of seasons, like Lambert did, while we made the transition to the higher level. Unfortunately when it became apparent that AN was able to get no more than par from our squad we didn''t take the risk and make the change and go for the opportunity before it faded away. Change may well have resulted in relegation, just the same, but for me it will forever be, what if....

Delia''s Dolls House is made entirely of toy plastic building bricks.......and Delia just refuses to Lego........Her Doll''s house was shoved in the back of the locked cupboard, and Delia wasn''t allowed to play with it.

That is, until the departure of the two people that held the key to that cupboard. When the latter of the two departed, he deposited the key on the boardroom table as he left......

The cupboard was then quickly unlocked, and Delia smiled as she retrieved her beloved Doll''s House and placed it lovingly back in the centre of the boardroom table......Can I play with the Doll''s House Aunty......I promise I won''t break it?

Bowie ''Space Oddity'' time again......"Carrow Road to Nephew Tom......Take your inheritance then do one".......

[quote user="morty"]Serious question, do some of you who post on here do a lot of drugs?[/quote]

I have some slimming pills, do you want some?

[quote user="morty"]Serious question, do some of you who post on here do a lot of drugs?[/quote]Beta blockers, Statins, Asprin, Benzo flouro wussname and that stuff they give you for prostate problems.Oh, and the occasional alcohol infusion. (purely medicinal of course)

Making the manager the lightning rod for structural problems highlighted above is short-termist and panders to social media instant-hit therapy.

Changing the manager may sometimes be necessary, even for change''s sake, but inherent structural issues facing the club and football itself are way, way beyond any manager''s sphere of influence.

We could celebrate the fact that we have a woman owner, a Gay Ambassador, a recent black manager, a mutual-style sustainable financial model, sell- out crowds, full season-ticket uptake, increasing and diverse off-field revenues (beyond television), an active and meaningful Community Sport Foundation, a club that is and feels localised and rooted in its community.

Parma

. They will leave their shares via a trust that will protect the club even ahead of their own blood.The words of Purple and can i just ask how that vision worked out for Blackburn Rovers when Sir Jack Walker passed ?

[quote user="TIL 1010"]. They will leave their shares via a trust that will protect the club even ahead of their own blood.The words of Purple and can i just ask how that vision worked out for Blackburn Rovers when Sir Jack Walker passed ? [/quote]I have said many things but I don''t recall making that categoric statement, or anything much like it. Either my memory is failing (as it is) or I was, as defence counsel say in mitigation, "in drink" (another possibility), or perhaps there is another fan/poster with that name?

Mello Yello wrote the following post at 06/11/2016 9:29

Morty>Serious question, do some of you who post on here do a lot of drugs?

I have some slimming pills, do you want some?

😂