Sign in to follow this  
KeiranShikari_2

u23s at villa stream

Excellent work from Middleton down the left again, he has been highly impressive.

The U23''s deserve more support then they get. I know at the Carra there''s often a couple of thousand watching, but at Villa Park tonight it''s estimated to be around 80 spectators. I''m going to make a point of going to whatever home (yes I''m a plastic) U23 matches I can.

Are we playing two up front or is Morris the sole CF? Don''t do FB so can''t watch.😔

I''m not on FB either but have a stream somehow.

And yes, Morris is ploughing a lonely furrow with Middleton hugging the left touchline.

Perhaps that is why the U23''s are bottom of their group.

Thanks grandad, I''m surprised by that, in the EFL Trophy we went two up top.

[quote user="keelansgrandad"]I''m not on FB either but have a stream somehow.

And yes, Morris is ploughing a lonely furrow with Middleton hugging the left touchline.

Perhaps that is why the U23''s are bottom of their group.[/quote]Anything positive to share with the group?

No Morty it isn''t and that wasn''t the reason for the question. The question was in relation to the EFL Trophy as said above!

I fine it interesting also that no first team players are in the team or squad.

I think it''s marvelous that there''s a stream so people can watch the U23s. Perhaps it will result in more informed posts about the players abilities and the way they are set out to play. 

[quote user="nutty nigel"]I think it''s marvelous that there''s a stream so people can watch the U23s. Perhaps it will result in more informed posts about the players abilities and the way they are set out to play. 
[/quote]Its a cracking watch[Y]

Middleton is a proper old fashioned winger and we''ve only needed 1 up top with Morris, he''s been everywhere. Much better than the experienced striker they had on in the first half.

I have heard nothing but good things said about Morris, is there any chance he''s worth a chance in the first team, not as a starter but perhaps some late cameos?

There are rarely first team players in any U23 squads for away games. The U23s play exactly the same system as the first team. Last week against Celtic the three were Canos Morris Josh.
Glenn Middleton is only 16 and is doing well at this level. 

A NCFC team winning is positive.

Seeing Middleton skinning his full back alive but having to wait for someone to arrive is not positive in my book.

If we have someone that good why aren''t we exploiting that with more up front?