Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays Funds for the CSF with the Pink un Pickers Season 10 Week 16

In a sad attempt to halt my alarming slide down the table, I''ll go for a home banker - Juventus to beat Pescara.

And I''d suggest a draw at QPR.

Good luck Pups and OTBC!

Last week Carlisle lost their unbeaten record and will be looking to bounce back strongly against a struggling Exeter side.

Carlisle V Exeter Home win.

For the City bet, Like most I''m just puzzled by the recent results, with Holloway back at QPR I expect the atmosphere to be high and we will need to quieten the crowd. if we can do this then I fully expect us to pinch the points, stop the rot and turn the corner all in one game:-)

I''ll predict Pritchard to score at any time.

Thanks for all your picks so far, I will be mulling over them this afternoon so anyone outstanding please get your picks in soon if you want to be considered for the final six :)

I''m going with Sonyc,  Luton (3-3-2-11-7) look too strong for Morcambe (2-0-6-8-19).Morcambe v Luton........Away win.For the Norwich bet........City to win 2-1.

Good luck AJ and Sonyc. [Y]

I will select PUPs suggestions at around 4pm this afternoon if folk want some last minute suggestions. Cheers.

Staying in the Championship this week and my kiss of death goes to....

Derby county....Home win.

Good luck to all this week.

I''m also going for a home win for Partizan v. Backa Palanka.

Partizan are W5 D1 L1 F15 A5 at home and Backa are W0 D1 L6 F2 A9 away.

Good Luck, AJ!

As for the Norwich bet, an unexpected goal scorer ~ Klose to score first!

Good Luck, sonyc!

Thank you for allowing me to pick the game this week Nutty and thanks too for all the suggestions from posters. Its been hard to select how to send the money. But I''ve gone with a selections that meet as many posters ideas as possible and attempt even in one bet to give more back than the original tenner, with some realism and a little hedging.

£3 on a draw at half time and Norwich win at full time (think this was 5.5 in decimal odds earlier)

£2 for Klose to score at any time

£1 on Bennett to score first or last (given again he was in the press today seems he will be playing. He is well due a goal - think the odds were 56?)

£1 on a Norwich win 2-1 with Jerome to score (at 41)

and for the hedge:

£3 on the draw (many posters) with both teams to score (at 4 last time I looked)

Tempted by Dorrans, Martin and Lafferty to score (with latter in last 10 minutes) but you cant have everything.

I have no idea what will happen tomorrow and I may for once try and not listen (but know I probably couldn''t go without checking my phone). Any team could turn up. My head always says we will lose away with a new manager in place and yet...I get the sense we do well against Holloway teams. Hell we owe the fans a performance tomorrow.

Best of luck PUPs and AJ especially.

Hi all,

Some nice picks there Sonyc, let''s hope they bring in some winners!

Thanks for all your suggestions for the final 6, I''ve mulled over 26 different selections which I think to date is the most I''ve had to go through, so thank you all and I''m sorry if your picks didn''t make the final group - and I''ll be even sorrier if my six don''t win and yours did! It''s always a difficult task to pick out 6 from a very good group of pickers, so hopefully I''ll do you all some justice with a good mix of profit and bankers!

First up we have Juve vs Pescara which was picked by 6 Pups so by popular demand has to be chosen. Juve to win @1.17 in a game that see''s first take on third bottom.

Second with a similar theme in Russia we have Zenit vs Kryliya as 2nd vs bottom. Zenit to win @ 1.25

Third is a trip to league one and Scunthorpe vs Oldham - 1st vs third bottom and good odds @ 1.73 Scunthorpe to win.

in the same league we have Sheffield Utd vs Shrewsbury with Sheffield to win @ 1.44. Sheffield unbeaten in their last 10 and Shrews have lost 4 of their last 6.

Dropping down a league for our fifth pick we have Carlisle for a home win against Exeter with cracking odds of @ 1.95 for a home win. Carlisle have won 5 of last 6, Exeter have won 2 of last 4 which makes the odds a bit more tasty!

For game six, and to keep the odds looking tasty, I have opted for my own pick which a bit of a risk on Middlesborough vs Chelsea - away win. Middlesborough have been on a good run lately holding Arsenal and Man City to draws but since losing to Arsenal, Chelsea have won their last 5 convincingly with clean sheets so expect them to bring home a win @ generous odds of 1.57. I was tempted by Newcaste to beat Leeds @ 2.1 but picking Chelsea seems risky enough! I hope I don''t regret not picking PSG vs Nantes instead...

This gives us a final six with odds of a rather healthy @11.15.

Good luck everyone, and thanks for all your suggestions!

Obviously, that should read Chelsea should bring home an AWAY win of course :)

Best of luck to AJ and Sonjc, not forgetting all PUP''s.

The Championship this week and Derby vs Rotherham - home win.

[quote user="sonyc"]Thank you for allowing me to pick the game this week Nutty and thanks too for all the suggestions from posters. Its been hard to select how to send the money. But I''ve gone with a selections that meet as many posters ideas as possible and attempt even in one bet to give more back than the original tenner, with some realism and a little hedging.

£3 on a draw at half time and Norwich win at full time (think this was 5.5 in decimal odds earlier)

£2 for Klose to score at any time

£1 on Bennett to score first or last (given again he was in the press today seems he will be playing. He is well due a goal - think the odds were 56?)

£1 on a Norwich win 2-1 with Jerome to score (at 41)

and for the hedge:

£3 on the draw (many posters) with both teams to score (at 4 last time I looked)

Tempted by Dorrans, Martin and Lafferty to score (with latter in last 10 minutes) but you cant have everything.

I have no idea what will happen tomorrow and I may for once try and not listen (but know I probably couldn''t go without checking my phone). Any team could turn up. My head always says we will lose away with a new manager in place and yet...I get the sense we do well against Holloway teams. Hell we owe the fans a performance tomorrow.

Best of luck PUPs and AJ especially.[/quote]
Sonyc you''re a star. It''s been a real pleasure to have you making the picks the Norwich picks this week. I knew we were in safe hands and you''re a great addition to our team. I love these selections. It''s a great strategy and with that bit of luck we always need I believe we will add to the CSF pot. The only thing I wasn''t sure about was Norwich to win 2-1 with Jerome to score. That''s 17/1 with an anytime goal but 40/1 with a first goal. So I hunted down the back of the sofa where Mrs Nutty sits and found an extra quid so I could do both. (She won''t miss it[;)]). I''ve placed them all to our best advantage and we have : -

Draw half time Norwich full time

£3.00 Bet

9/2

£16.50

Klose to score at any time

£2.00

Bill Hill

14/1

£30.00

Bennett to score first or last

£1.00

Bill Hill

18/1

£19.00

Norwich win 2-1 - Jerome to score a/t

£1.00

Bill Hill

17/1

£18.00

Norwich win 2-1 - Jerome to score 1st

£1.00 Bet

40/1

£41.00

Draw with both teams to score

£3.00

Bet 365

10/3

£13.00

Good luck buddy, thanks again and please keep picking[:)]

[quote user="AJ"]Hi all,

Some nice picks there Sonyc, let''s hope they bring in some winners!

Thanks for all your suggestions for the final 6, I''ve mulled over 26 different selections which I think to date is the most I''ve had to go through, so thank you all and I''m sorry if your picks didn''t make the final group - and I''ll be even sorrier if my six don''t win and yours did! It''s always a difficult task to pick out 6 from a very good group of pickers, so hopefully I''ll do you all some justice with a good mix of profit and bankers!

First up we have Juve vs Pescara which was picked by 6 Pups so by popular demand has to be chosen. Juve to win @1.17 in a game that see''s first take on third bottom.

Second with a similar theme in Russia we have Zenit vs Kryliya as 2nd vs bottom. Zenit to win @ 1.25

Third is a trip to league one and Scunthorpe vs Oldham - 1st vs third bottom and good odds @ 1.73 Scunthorpe to win.

in the same league we have Sheffield Utd vs Shrewsbury with Sheffield to win @ 1.44. Sheffield unbeaten in their last 10 and Shrews have lost 4 of their last 6.

Dropping down a league for our fifth pick we have Carlisle for a home win against Exeter with cracking odds of @ 1.95 for a home win. Carlisle have won 5 of last 6, Exeter have won 2 of last 4 which makes the odds a bit more tasty!

For game six, and to keep the odds looking tasty, I have opted for my own pick which a bit of a risk on Middlesborough vs Chelsea - away win. Middlesborough have been on a good run lately holding Arsenal and Man City to draws but since losing to Arsenal, Chelsea have won their last 5 convincingly with clean sheets so expect them to bring home a win @ generous odds of 1.57. I was tempted by Newcaste to beat Leeds @ 2.1 but picking Chelsea seems risky enough! I hope I don''t regret not picking PSG vs Nantes instead...

This gives us a final six with odds of a rather healthy @11.15.

Good luck everyone, and thanks for all your suggestions![/quote]
Thank you for these AJ. Like with Sonyc I always knew we were in safe hands this week. Yours is a great strategy and they look a very strong six with very rewarding odds. I''ve placed them with Bill Hill and even though it''s a free bet the potential return is an exciting £101.49. Here are the details : -

Scunthorpe

-         

-

8/11

-         

-

15:00

Sat

Sheffield Utd

-         

4/9

-

Sat

Carlisle

-         

19/20

-

Sat

Juventus

-

1/6

-

19:45

Sat

Chelsea

-

4/7

-

16:00

Sun

Zenit

-

1/4

-

16:30

Sun

So that''s four tomorrow and two on Sunday. You deserve to crack this after so many near misses AJ. And this would be a great six to crack it with.
Good luck AJ, Sonyc and all you PUPs[:)]

Yes, Exeter seem keen to do us over! C''mon Carlisle!