Sign in to follow this  
Northern Canary

Ashton to West Ham

probably all heard it before. but there are new rumours on Fans FC or something and another West Ham site that they are going to splash the cash (7 million) on him.

now which is better? Dean Ashton or 7/8 million?

Bearing in mind that we have managed without him recently and the money could get us Davenport and another striker and a winger (Kristiansen). But Ashton apparantly will bag us 25+ goals this season.

I think i would be very upset to see ashton go, but if we did buy three quality players with the money it may be worth it

Your theory sounds good but is flawed.

Crewe would take a sizeable chunk.

Meaning we would probably ONLY get Davenport.

Depends what he wants- and sounds like cobllers anyway

Gossip in the mirror on sunday.

A load of rubbish,

anyway

a) They couldn''t afford him

b) Why would he go there and risk comin down again

[quote]Your theory sounds good but is flawed. Crewe would take a sizeable chunk. Meaning we would probably ONLY get Davenport. Depends what he wants- and sounds like cobllers anyway[/quote]

Hey are Vicars allowed to say cobblers? I wouldn''t have found church so boring as a kid if our Vicar had used a bit of industrial language now and again...although I do remember him eating a daffodil for some bizarre reason

As the vicar says, it sounds better than it actually is. Crewe would have a fairly largely sell-on clause, and have we even totally paid for him yet?? Either way, we will probably end up with 5 million left. Of that, some would be put away, leaving Nigel with 3 mil odd, could we get another Ashton for 3million? i think not.

I also think Ashton is worth alot more to the club than what he does on the field. Ashton''s purchase has lead to many new avenues opening up, which all make Norwichs'' future look very bright

[quote]West Ham can''t afford him. End of.[/quote]

I think they can. They had a bid of £6m accepted for Benni McCarthy but Porto pulled out at the last minute. However, we won''t sell unless he asks, Deano will be, if he wants to be, Norwich''s top striker for the next 10 years. If he left, I would be gutted.

You have to look at this and say would Ashton really want to go.  There is a severe liklehood  that west ham will get relegated - could the chap carry on playing premiershipfotball for only 6 months of each season - not sure he is that stupid!!

If he does go I am sure he will go to a steady club - such as spurs or the like!

[quote]SELL, SELL, SEll! Huge dissapointment this season - his mind is obviously elsewhere![/quote]

Don''t be ridiculous, he has been injured for every game this season, and he still has 5 goals!! If we are going to be promoted and then stay in the premiership, Deano is the key.