Sign in to follow this  
Jim Smith

So nearly 2400 votes and poll says 79% in favour of sacking him

Yes it does seem to be a rather overwhelming vote for him to go but I doubt if anything will happen this week.

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]I haven''t voted[/quote]Me neither.So Jim, you getting all excited about the new era of Glenn Hoddle at Carrow road?Maybe he''ll bring that nice Eileen Drewery with him.I wonder how our disabled supporters would feel about his appointment?[;)]

Oh yes, online polls. The kind that are utterly meaningless and non-represntative. Can give the image of strong public opinion, but are essentially vehicles for the angry to vent their feelings. The rest (the 95% or more that don''t vote in them) don''t see the point in voting in them.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="FenwayFrank"]I haven''t voted[/quote]Me neither.So Jim, you getting all excited about the new era of Glenn Hoddle at Carrow road?Maybe he''ll bring that nice Eileen Drewery with him.I wonder how our disabled supporters would feel about his appointment?[;)][/quote]

No as I''ve said Morty I don''t think Delia would have him as a consequence of that incident.

I do, however, look forward to the day I see our team again performing to the best of its ability, still not too late for this to be a successful season.

[quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="morty"][quote user="FenwayFrank"]I haven''t voted[/quote]Me neither.So Jim, you getting all excited about the new era of Glenn Hoddle at Carrow road?Maybe he''ll bring that nice Eileen Drewery with him.I wonder how our disabled supporters would feel about his appointment?[;)][/quote]

No as I''ve said Morty I don''t think Delia would have him as a consequence of that incident.

I do, however, look forward to the day I see our team again performing to the best of its ability, still not too late for this to be a successful season.[/quote]I doubt you''ll ever be happy, Jim.[:)]

Lol. What''s the betting they all go tugging their forelocks at the AGM and the next game. Apparently the internet let''s you be who you really want to be. I think we''d all be surprised at the secret tuggers who get all stroppy on here...

Nearly 4000 votes now and still 79% in favour of sacking him, shame because he''s a really nice guy although I know that him being a nice guy doesn''t bring us results.

I think some of the players have let him down badly although I agree that Alex has made mistakes too in team selections like dropping Jerome for Oliviera, that was a strange one.

Like others don''t think any changes will be made until after the Derby game

[quote user="Diane"]Nearly 4000 votes now and still 79% in favour of sacking him, shame because he''s a really nice guy although I know that him being a nice guy doesn''t bring us results.

I think some of the players have let him down badly although I agree that Alex has made mistakes too in team selections like dropping Jerome for Oliviera, that was a strange one.

Like others don''t think any changes will be made until after the Derby game[/quote]How curious1600 more votes and they spilt EXACTLY as the previous 2400 !

Make no mistake we are in a right old mess a board who do not know what they are doing a manager who has been found out as a one trick pony and a team which is made up of a mixture of good young and old talent that wants to be here talent that does not want to be here and a whole defensive formation that is nor functioning for a multitude of reasons. A managerial change and a couple of signings are unlikely to turn this ship around. Are there any inspirational managers out there the obvious ones have gone and the bunch of clowns in charge are not capable of spotting them indeed I could see them giving Irvine the job. At this rate of decline and stagnation we have as much chance of being back in league 1 in 3 years time as being in the pl

AN is clearly going to be here for the Derby County game at the very least now. So the time to reassess his position will be after that game.

After that game I think the board need to be decisive. They either decide they''re going to fire him straight away or if they''re serious about their 10 year pledge to keep him then they do whatever they can in January to help him reshape the squad and remove all disruptive influences - even if it means tearing up contracts etc.

I personally think Neil''s race is probably run but we don''t really know what the atmosphere is like behind the scenes and how he''s genuinely perceived by his own players.

[quote user="Jacko"]AN is clearly going to be here for the Derby County game at the very least now. So the time to reassess his position will be after that game. After that game I think the board need to be decisive. They either decide they''re going to fire him straight away or if they''re serious about their 10 year pledge to keep him then they do whatever they can in January to help him reshape the squad and remove all disruptive influences - even if it means tearing up contracts etc. I personally think Neil''s race is probably run but we don''t really know what the atmosphere is like behind the scenes and how he''s genuinely perceived by his own players.[/quote]

All too true.  Depressingly, this is like a re-run of Hughton''s final season when the board kept him in place in the run up to Christmas, didn''t back him in January, and ended up in the worst of all world by sacking him when it was too late to make any difference.

Unfortunately it''s not as easy as "tearing up contracts" to get rid of players who are disruptive.  As I understand it, to get rid of a player you either have to bite the bullet and take a hit by selling him while still paying part of his wages, or you have to pay up the rest of his contract - not even sure if that''s allowed.

For me the problem with AN is that he is not showing any signs of being able to change things to overcome our problems.  One-trick pony seems to hit the mark.  The changes for QPR seemed to me the hallmark of a manager who''s flailing around hoping to improve things, not calculated changes to fix problems.

Our squad is good enough to challenge for the top too - looking around this division, there are a lot of mediocre teams and only Newcastle have a squad that is as good or better than ours in quality.  A new manager who''s sufficiently heavyweight to demand respect from day 1 would be enough to turn it around IMO.  Unfortunately as has been said there were quite a few obvious candidates on the market who''ve now gone.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Lol. What''s the betting they all go tugging their forelocks at the AGM and the next game. Apparently the internet let''s you be who you really want to be. I think we''d all be surprised at the secret tuggers who get all stroppy on here...[/quote]If they''ve got one to tug they probably will Nutty but then a lot of them there still think online is something where their OH hangs the washing....

Re: So nearly 2400 votes and poll says 79% in favour of sacking him

Oh yes, online polls. The kind that are utterly meaningless and non-represntative. Can give the image of strong public opinion, but are essentially vehicles for the angry to vent their feelings. The rest (the 95% or more that don''t vote in them) don''t see the point in voting in them.

How is it non representative? It does give the image of strong city fan feelings and there is a reason for that. You really need to get down off Scafell and actually attend a match or two.

I agree with City Second, the results are statistically meaningless as the sample is entirely self-selecting.

[quote user=" Badger"]I agree with City Second, the results are statistically meaningless as the sample is entirely self-selecting.[/quote]
I wish I could post stuff like that Badger. In five words you''ve summed the whole thing up. 

[quote user="Glenn Medeiros "]The Stowmarket 2 don''t live in the real world it won''t make one iota of difference[/quote]
There''s 3 now....

I voted 39 times and it is still stuck at 79%.There''s some cheating going on somewhere

79% and every local football pundit but more important a stat is goals conceded, games lost, transfers wasted. Thanks Alex, time to go.

A couple of weeks ago a similar poll showed around two thirds wanting the manager to stay and the happy clappers saw nothing wrong with it. Today they see the poll as being unreliable.

That''s awkward. The ink is still drying on his 10 year contract offer from Delia. Still, she''s already admitted that she doesn''t care what the customers think...