Sign in to follow this  
Yorkshire  Canary

season ticket waiting list

I know for numerous seasons despite ups and downs we have sold out our season tickets. In part this has been due to large numbers on waiting lists that discourage existing season ticket holders giving them up. I will always keep mine whilst I can get to games but with the current negativity around the club at the moment I wondered how many are on the waiting list and if we may struggle to sell all season tickets next season

I would think that most people will wait till the end of the season rather than making a knee jerk decision before we''ve got to Christmas

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]I know for numerous seasons despite ups and downs we have sold out our season tickets. In part this has been due to large numbers on waiting lists that discourage existing season ticket holders giving them up. I will always keep mine whilst I can get to games but with the current negativity around the club at the moment I wondered how many are on the waiting list and if we may struggle to sell all season tickets next season[/quote]

Interesting that you''ve chosen to ask this question now and not when we are winning games.Wouldn''t it be better to wait until people have to renew their season tickets to judge demand?

Agree. Jesus Christ, can we find anything more negative to drone on about?Anyone looking forward to going to the game Saturday?

My mate put himself on the waiting list for a season ticket less than 2 months ago and already has one in the lower barclay one row behind directly where I sit!

[quote user="Midlands Yellow"]Bet everyone can''t wait to go to the game in Saturday , what''s not to like at the moment ?[/quote]You going?

Well it was a simple question and the simple answer seems to be that there isn''t much of a one anymore draw your own conclusions why. As to going to games at the moment you can hear a pin drop so whilst people are turning up because most have already paid for their ticket how many are actually looking forward to it is another matter. I was at the Mk dons game the other week and it was a fantastic show by our youngsters pity only 1000 watched it. The first team is like groundhog day from last season different opposition same performance same tactics same result

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]Well it was a simple question and the simple answer seems to be that there isn''t much of a one anymore draw your own conclusions why. As to going to games at the moment you can hear a pin drop so whilst people are turning up because most have already paid for their ticket how many are actually looking forward to it is another matter. I was at the Mk dons game the other week and it was a fantastic show by our youngsters pity only 1000 watched it. The first team is like groundhog day from last season different opposition same performance same tactics same result[/quote]You cancelling your season ticket then?

[quote user="Midlands Yellow"]Yes, booked the day off long ago. Looking forward to the pub crawl more though pre match .[/quote]So don''t go then, stay in the pub.I don''t understand why people persist with things that make them miserable.

You knew what you were doing Yorkshire

We are in the s4it, we all know it, we don''t need people moaning about yellow nets and the state pie selection.

Change your name to "and another thing" canary

Well you have to live in hope don''t you ? When the P45 is handed out you have to ask how many of the players will truly be gutted for the manager . My guess is no more than a third of them .

Supporters are just that they go thick and thin. Because you buy a ticket does not mean you agree to a north Korean style party state when everyone smiles and claps as it is obvious we have and are throwing away the lambert won legacy and the prospect of return to debts and seasons in the wilderness. Owners are custodians of a club for a time bounded period and the current decline needs to be arrested before it is out of the clubs hands to do so

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]Well it was a simple question and the simple answer seems to be that there isn''t much of a one anymore draw your own conclusions why. As to going to games at the moment you can hear a pin drop so whilst people are turning up because most have already paid for their ticket how many are actually looking forward to it is another matter. I was at the Mk dons game the other week and it was a fantastic show by our youngsters pity only 1000 watched it. The first team is like groundhog day from last season different opposition same performance same tactics same result[/quote]

The demand for season tickets will always be higher before the season starts which will mean that there is a bigger waiting list. Once the season starts there may be some churn, it''s possible that people may die or have to move away from Norwich.Once you''re on the waiting list you''re not asked if you want to withdraw your interest although some people probably do, it will fluctuate depending on where we are in the calendar year. I had a cousin who was on the list and he was offered seats in areas of the ground that he didn''t want to sit in so he waited until he was offered one in the Upper Barclay.

[quote user="Midlands Yellow"]Well you have to live in hope don''t you ? When the P45 is handed out you have to ask how many of the players will truly be gutted for the manager . My guess is no more than a third of them .[/quote]Key word there...

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]Supporters are just that they go thick and thin. Because you buy a ticket does not mean you agree to a north Korean style party state when everyone smiles and claps as it is obvious we have and are throwing away the lambert won legacy and the prospect of return to debts and seasons in the wilderness. Owners are custodians of a club for a time bounded period and the current decline needs to be arrested before it is out of the clubs hands to do so[/quote]You ever get tired of whingeing though?

Fully agree with all that . If I wanted an easy ride I''d have been a glory hunter when choosing my team .

Just can''t imagine Canos , Naismith , Lafferty , Maddison etc etc putting in heavy in the leaving collection .

I don''t get this tbh. I love going to games hence I have a season ticket. Games are even more enjoyable when we win. But when we lose I''m still glad I went. If I didn''t enjoy it I would get rid of my ST and spend that money on something I did enjoy.

So do people buy STs because they don''t want them? Strange mentality....

I''ve been told that there are so many folk wanting to return their season tickets that the club has now set up a waiting list for them.A friend of mine wrote personally to Delia about this and the reply he got back was'' you are only a customer so you can fu cough for a starthowever she did enclose a sausage roll, which was cold by the time it was deliveredit was also rather flat, which suggest the postman might have sat on it

Would you stay British if you didn''t like brexit would you stay republican if you didn''t like trump would you stay labour if you didn''t like corbyn would you stay ncfc even though you don''t like how the club is being run yes!!

Really?

It''s nothing to do with Brexit or any of that old tripe. It''s your leisure time. It''s what you do with your spends. Go tell Mrs Yorkie that you spend £500 a year plus goodness how much more in the process doing something you don''t like because it''s Norwich...

It is a load of tosh to compare supporting a football club to other leisure activities such as cinema etc etc. It goes far deeper and in many instances covers decades. I agree that a person must enjoy the majority of it or obviously they would not go. It is not all about winning and success either if we were league 2 I would still go and I can still remember being part of 9000 to 12000 crowds in the 1990s. My point was originally if some of the st holders attracted by pl football on and off over recent seasons may start to drift away. The hard core support is now 22000 but it used to be a lot less. My frustration and that of others is that we once were on the financial cliff edge and thanks to mc nally and lambert won the lottery and we are in danger of squandering that and returning to years in the bottom half of the championship or worse. I loved watching the kids v Mk dons the passion and spirit was totally different. Anyway what will be will be and non of us can influence what goes on