Sign in to follow this  
Indy

Time to ask the question, if not Alex then who?

The decent experienced managers gone who''s left to gain the trust & respect of our under performing egotistical lazy professionals?

Would Giggs come? Is it Roy or can we attract a better manager?

I see no reason to believe that Giggs would be a decent manager. If we went down that route then we may as well give it to Neville. At least he could sort out that bloody defence! its going to be Roy though

They come and they go, some strike it lucky for a while some don''t. We like to kid ourselves that it makes a difference and when it does we are proved correct.

look abroad.different way of thinking, different way of playing the game and knowledge of players we may be missing out on.We''ve never gone down the foreign route before... there''s no reason it can''t work any less than staying with a manager already in the uk.

Get Rio in as well, that way the Murphy boys are guaranteed to start!

[quote user="Syteanric"]look abroad.different way of thinking, different way of playing the game and knowledge of players we may be missing out on.We''ve never gone down the foreign route before... there''s no reason it can''t work any less than staying with a manager already in the uk.[/quote]

Agree there Jas!

Ron Manager wrote;

What chance to prise Warburton from Rangers?

Thats my shout Ron, wouldn''t be easy to get him out of there at moment, but need to go for it. Good man, knows the league, would do a good job imo.

Got to say I like his methods, builds a team not a bunch of over paid prima Donna''s, would love to see him here but I think Rangers are a more high profile club and after all, we''re talking Norwich here!

You can forget about signing replacement who is employed we can''t afford Alex and Frankie compo. Or compo to selling club. Something needs to be done to put us back on track sacking manager is the cheapest option. My suggestion would be to offer the managers job to Karl Robinson until end of season. KR would jump at the chance and players might just be inspired to perform.

People keep saying Big Sam, but he wouldn''t fit the ''Norwich way'', the whole ''family club vibe'' which we keep pedalling. But that ethos starts and stops with those in charge

[quote user="Morgan"]People keep saying Big Sam, but he wouldn''t fit the ''Norwich way'', the whole ''family club vibe'' which we keep pedalling. But that ethos starts and stops with those in charge[/quote]

Unfortunately yes it does

It''s a question of when AN goes, not if. I just can''t see our Board poaching a manager from elsewhere, so my bet would be Hodgson on a short term deal until the end of the season.

[quote user="Capt. Pants"]It''s a question of when AN goes, not if. I just can''t see our Board poaching a manager from elsewhere, so my bet would be Hodgson on a short term deal until the end of the season. [/quote]

Hodgson is like one of those ageing long haul coach drivers that has take his wife with him on every trip longer than 100 miles, to sit up the front and watch that he doesn''t fall asleep at the wheel, smashing into the nearest little chef. He''s the last thing the club needs.

Jez has his finger on the pulse, trust me, stop worrying.

My choice would be Phil Neville, not his brother. Good coach, good man, and a real grafter.

With a massive rebuilding task ahead, we need someone with a record in development who''s not a ''name'', in the event that Alex Neil departs.They need to be given a brief to invest wisely and re-generate, without fearing the sack if results aren''t ideal.The board need to come out at the AGM and hold their hands up, tell the fans that they''ve had no real strategy (as indicated in the annual report), and gently lower fans'' expectations.The aim to get promoted this season was too simplistic and any possible appointment based on this is doomed to fail. We''d likely end up falling even further behind.It''s time for a clear out and to do the hard work of constructing a new team to play according to our ''possession football'' traditions.Someone with a record in youth development would be ideal if we''re to drastically lower the age of our team and integrate our youth. Obviously league experience is desirable, but the aim should be to get a team that can play, as opposed to chasing results. We don''t want a ''name'', and probably not some young and hungry manager. We need a safe pair of hands.A tactical knowledge and a strong commitment to play a technical game are essential pre-requisites, and this rules out most British candidates.Sadly, I don''t think the club are even remotely likely to understand what to do if Alex Neil leaves. Looking beyond these shores, footballing styles and sound strategies would probably be beyond our current board as we don''t have any football people sitting on it.

Back in that summer of 2006 one of the reasons I wanted Worthington sacked was because I thought the ideal replacement would be Phil Parkinson, at Colchester United, who was probably going to be poached by another club if we didn''t make a move. We kept Worthington on, and Parkinson went to Hull, and failed really rather badly....But his record since has been quite impressive on the face of it. Of course, even if he was actually a good choice we might not be able to prise him away from Bolton.

Can I just point out to folks that we can''t just stroll into a club and demand they hand over their manager.Some of you seem to be missing that....