Sign in to follow this  
silver fox

Worthington on Everton shortlist?

I agree with wiz, Lowestoft is heavily Yellow and Green, sure you see the odd binman but most don''t show there colours.

Wiz are you back at carrow road yet?

[quote]I agree with wiz, Lowestoft is heavily Yellow and Green, sure you see the odd binman but most don''t show there colours. Wiz are you back at carrow road yet?[/quote]

Decision at James Paget Hospital tomorrow morning Ronbol, fingers crossed for me please mate?.  

[quote]Decision at James Paget Hospital tomorrow morning Ronbol, fingers crossed for me please mate?.[/quote]

I''ve got my fingers crossed for you Wiz, best of luck my friend.

As for Worthy to Everton, I could see it being a possibility. Worthy has got some good credentials on paper - 8th as lowest in the Championship, lead Norwich to one match away from survival in the Premiership on a very tight budget, eye for a good buy (Dean Ashton, Darren Huckerby etc). This is usually what''s looked at.

It''s not until you examine everything that you really realise how pants a Manager Worthington is.

He appears to have as little contact with the team as possible, his subtitutions are bizarre at best, his team selections equally so, his ability at man management is also questionable, his phraseology book appears to be one page at best. Why is it he can''t see what we see?

No, I''m not a Keep the Faither, I''m most definatly a Worthy out kind of guy.

"He appears to have as little contact with the team as possible, his subtitutions are bizarre at best, his team selections equally so, his ability at man management is also questionable, his phraseology book appears to be one page at best. Why is it he can''t see what we see?"

With credentials like that I think he should be looking at applying for the England job!

[quote]I''ve got my fingers crossed for you Wiz, best of luck my friend. As for Worthy to Everton, I could see it being a possibility. Worthy has got some good credentials on paper - 8th as lowest in the Cha...[/quote]

Because it is a very blinkered, one-sided view, perhaps? 

[quote]Decision at James Paget Hospital tomorrow morning Ronbol, fingers crossed for me please mate?.[/quote]

Fingers crossed for as all a clear as you can get wiz

if only for a backward step at the millwall game I am sure

OTBC

[quote]Because it is a very blinkered, one-sided view, perhaps?[/quote]

The flip side to your very own coin perhaps dicky?

I think the accusation of Wiz being a blue stems from that fact that he''s so anti everything to do with Norwich. I know lots of Ipswich fans who are more positive and objective about Norwich than Wiz.

As for this:
"He appears to have as little contact with the team as possible, his subtitutions are bizarre at best, his team selections equally so, his ability at man management is also questionable, his phraseology book appears to be one page at best. Why is it he can''t see what we see?"

What on earth?

On what do you base the suggestion that he has as little contact with the team as possible?

His substitutions are bizarre at best - i.e. the best substitution he makes are bizarre ones. So bringing off the injured Safri and Hux in our last game were bizarre substitutions eh? Granted, every now and again he gets it wrong - taking McVeigh off against Reading for example. But 90% of them are spot on, or at least, there wasn''t any better option.

And again, if his man management is questionable and he has no contact with the team, getting us promoted so comfortably is nothing short of a miracle! As a miracle worker, that is surely some credential for him!

And as for his phrase book... yup, his interviews are pretty poor. But that rates quite a long way down the list of attributes for a manager in my opinion!

What do you think of Joe Royle?

" He appears to have as little contact with the team as possible, his subtitutions are bizarre at best, his team selections equally so, his ability at man management is also questionable, his phraseology book appears to be one page at best. Why is it he can''t see what we see?

Maybe because he spends far too much time in the dugout and dressing room. Perhaps he could spend some time in the stands with you - I''m sure he would get a greater insight into the teams'' abilities from up there.

Who knows he might even add to his phraseology. Can''t be that hard to say the word boo over and over again can it ?

Wiz , good luck about tomorrow , hope you get the all clear mate and get that wand working again .

I was only joking about you supporting the scum , Everyone on here knows you follow the boys in yellow , but imo you are always so negative about norwich in general .

If your a positive man in the future , you life in general will be positive 

So when you come out of the JPH tomorrow with positive news for us all regarding your health , and really get behind the boys and manager 100 % ( as they do read the pinkun message board ) , then we will all have a positive season and will be going up again .

OTBC

Hope you "Whiz" through the tests mate and come out with a bran new M.O.T.

[quote]Hope you " Whiz" through the tests mate and come out with a bran new M.O.T.[/quote]

... also the Gorleston air will do you good, make you as handsome as me !

The man from Paget, he says YES!.

Yep, I''m in the clear, and yes, I  still have to watch things like extreme cold weather, but in general I''ve been passed fit for City duty.

Many many thanks for all your kind words and Private Messages, I will get round to answering them, promise.

Really excellent news Wiz

Just hope what you see on sat does not set you back a couple of weeks - but the plus side will be that you will be a ''real'' fan again

OTBC

Congrats and best wishes Wiz.  Shankley was wrong.  Football is very important but not more so than good health.

Although I agree with you more often than not, I think that you will be pleasantly surprised at the quality of the team when you get to see the boys once more.  It is far from perfect but far from dire as well.

Good luck

UNITED IN OUR LOVE FOR CITY

[quote]The man from Paget, he says YES!. Yep, I''m in the clear, and yes, I still have to watch things like extreme cold weather, but in general I''ve been passed fit for City duty. Many many thanks for a...[/quote]

That''s fantastic Wiz.  Well done you.  Are you going to Millwall?

[quote]" He appears to have as little contact with the team as possible, his subtitutions are bizarre at best, his team selections equally so, his ability at man management is also questionable, his phraseol...[/quote]

I know you were joking MadDan, but I have felt for a long time that it would''nt do Worthington any harm to watch the game (or at least part of it) from the stand. You get a different perspective from further back and I''m sure had he done this last season Gary Holt would''nt have played as many games. Surely it would be worth a try.

[quote]That''s fantastic Wiz. Well done you. Are you going to Millwall?[/quote]

Cheers DD and the rest of you fine posters, yes, son of wiz and I are both fully primed for the Millwall game.

Ronbol Ronbol: Mrs wiz has given me strict instructions to be nice and calm towards Nigel and the boys on Saturday, and she must be obeyed, she says!.

Not only that, but I intend being here for the Sheffield Wednesday game.