Sign in to follow this  
silver fox

Worthington on Everton shortlist?

Have just heard from an Everton fan that a large number of fans are not happy with Moyes and if they don''t start moving up the league by Christmas, they will be looking to the club to appoint a new manager in the New Year.  He believe the shortlist includes , Pardew, Maclaren, and Worthington.

This brings back memories of Everton enticing Mike Walker away from Carrow Road.

[quote]Have just heard from an Everton fan that a large number of fans are not happy with Moyes and if they don''t start moving up the league by Christmas, they will be looking to the club to appoint a new ma...[/quote]

Pardew yes, Maclaren yes, Worthy no chance!.

He''s not in their league, literally, although I''ll keep my fingers crossed for a yes!.

Wiz, by that logic you would be happy that a big Prem club considered him fit to lead them, but you don''t consider him fit to lead our club. Unless of course its just purely personal, that for you his face doesn''t fit. It can''t be his credentials, they''re excellent.

Of course, Everton aren''t yet looking for a new manager any more than England are, despite the media''s best attempts to talk it up. But for me, the fact that he could be mentioned/rated in such a way tells me that people outside of Norfolk think he''s a good manager, good enough to move onwards and upwards.

So it amazes me how some people think he''s not good enough for us. Would you like to see Moyes come in the other direction? Even based on his recent record?

If Worthy suddenly finds the need to visit TanningLand, grows his white hair a few inches longer and invests in a Skip Hire company......Well he''s off to ''Scouseland'' then!.....Walker mk2 methinks.... ;~)

Just because someone is attractive to someone else doesn''t
mean they have to be attractive to you.

anyway aren''t we commenting on an imaginary list for an imaginary
vacancy, are we that bored.

[quote]Wiz, by that logic you would be happy that a big Prem club considered him fit to lead them, but you don''t consider him fit to lead our club. Unless of course its just purely personal, that for you his...[/quote]

It would gladden my heart to see Worthy mess up Everton (No he''s not a premier manager) just like he did at Blackpool and us more recently.

Oh by the way Amarillo, does his ''excellent credentials'' include relegation last season, and the poor start this season?.

Yes, I would love to see Moyes here, but I would prefer Harry Rednapp after the brown stuff hits the fan at Southampton......as it will!.

[quote]It would gladden my heart to see Worthy mess up Everton (No he''s not a premier manager) just like he did at Blackpool and us more recently. Oh by the way Amarillo, does his ''excellent credentials'' in...[/quote]

Redknapp is a has been, or never was. Hassle/dischord seems to follow him everywhere he goes.
Wiz, your assesment is hilarious. If your ideas were put into practice, City would be bankrupt and relegated inside a couple of years.

No Wiz, Excellent credentials means achieving a lowest-placed finish of 8th in the Championship, with a promotiona dn a play-off final in there as well, all on the resource of a club the size of Norwich. Which other manager has better credentials? Has Warnock achieved anything at Sheff Utd yet? Has Hoddle at Wolves? Has Royle at Ipswich? Has Dowie done any more at Palace?

It''s all very well you continually airing your views that Worthy is not the right man for the job - as you are entitled to do - but I don''t recall you demonstrating that you have a plan B in mind, or a manager who is proven to have done better with a club our size without so much as a 6 game non-winning run anywhere in his record, or a relegation with a newly-promoted club.

Please, enlighten us as to your master plan....

[quote]It would gladden my heart to see Worthy mess up Everton (No he''s not a premier manager) just like he did at Blackpool and us more recently. Oh by the way Amarillo, does his ''excellent credentials'' in...[/quote]

Drivel. So you''d rather see Harry Redknapp here, didn''t he lead Southampton to relegation last year and to an amazing 2 points better off in the league than us. Superb credentials and so much different to NW ey. 

I think 2 words might put them off...if it were true, I haven''t heard a single Evertonian calling for Moyes'' head. They''re calling the players every name under the sun but not the manager...

Mike Walker...

My only disagreement with Worthy is about his late ill-chosen verbal verbal outburst toward the fans.  That he is a person doing a managers job in difficult circumstances (financially that is) and is on a learning curve, unlike Wiz, who is absolutely as full as can be of Dubious Knowledge.  Whether Worthy is as sought after as is rumoured, I can not say.  Personally I am am happy for him to stay at Norwich and continue his learning process undoubtably at our expence, when sooner or later we will benefit from the experience he has gained.

I expect when Wiz presented himself to his employer he was able to present a CV that was full of positive claims that they would indeed be so lucky to have him in their employ, and  he being so perfect, would not be able to gain any more experience from being on their books. With a CV like that and an EGO the size of an Elephants and a stature of (his words,! Five-foot nothing) emanating from him a personna so full of bile and aggression, it''s a wonder he found employment at all. Or was Wiz the only candidate?

I would add Wiz, that your ryder cites Huckerby as being bloody awsome! How about Huckerby''s latest statement, that "Worthy knows what he''s doing" in reply to the posters on these message boards.  In that case how would you reply to that statement? and in what way?

[quote]I would add Wiz, that your ryder cites Huckerby as being bloody awsome! How about Huckerby''s latest statement, that "Worthy knows what he''s doing" in reply to the posters on these message boards. In ...[/quote]

Hucks recent statement Beelsie?.

Sheer PR mate!.

He''s (Hucks) hardley going to rubbish him in public is he?, maybe he only does that under his username.

[quote]Pardew yes, Maclaren yes, Worthy no chance!. He''s not in their league, literally, although I''ll keep my fingers crossed for a yes!.[/quote]

wiz you amaze me . i wonder what huckerby would say he reads theses boards you know.

[quote]Still at it then Wiz??!![/quote]

He gets more ridculous by the day. Hes quickly becoming a parody of himself.

Boring - yet more one line insulting posts against the personality rather than what has been said; either prove him wrong or ignore his bluster... its far more effective than fanning his flaming ego than responding.

OTBC 

KICK POSTING ABUSE OUT

" but I would prefer Harry Rednapp "

I would suggest you take a good look at Tom Bowers excellent book (Broken Dreams)on corruption in football.

I think I would rather have Ronnie Biggs running my local Post Office than have ''readies'' Redknapp anywhere near our club.

Wiz,
Worthy has done more now at Norwich than Moyes had done at Preston when Everton pinched him from there.

Moyes made a play off final and made Preston credible div 1 top 6 candidates. Worthy did the same AND got us promoted as champions and won much respect in our year in the prem. All the bottom 4 mamagers last year won a great deal of respect and showed that relegation doesn''t have to be the killer to your managerial career that people might think.

just like he did at Blackpool and us more recently.

Yeah, bring back the era of Chase and Hamilton!

[quote]just like he did at Blackpool and us more recently. Yeah, bring back the era of Chase and Hamilton![/quote]

Yeah! Lets see if Rob Newmans still available too. He was our lone "striker" during that period. Poor old bugger

Everton have never been a friend of Norwich so I always felt they and Mike Walker deserved each other.  It was only a very late victory over Hans Sagers'' Wimbledon that kept the club in the Premiership during Walker''s first season and only one win in four months the next season saw him sacked.

I don''t wish for Worthy to leave the club but surely he couldn''t do worse at Everton than the egotistical Walker.

[quote]Everton have never been a friend of Norwich so I always felt they and Mike Walker deserved each other. It was only a very late victory over Hans Sagers'' Wimbledon that kept the club in the Premiershi...[/quote]

Egotistical Walker?.

Non Believer!.

Boy, could we do with his type of ego here now Intenso!  .

Wiz ! I am sure Ipswich won last time they played ( beat crewe 2-1 ) Just because we beat you 1-0 dont get upset and try to wind up City fans on the board .

Wiz your from lowerstoft in Suffolk and Ipswich is you team !

I know why you want Worthy to go to Everton ? it it because they play in blue and lose most weeks like your suffolk outfit and if he went he would turn them round  ?

Wiz stop feeling the blues ! least one team can win in blue Chelsea ( though that did cost £200 million ) ( so never give up )

CITY TILL I DIE !!!!

[quote]Wiz ! I am sure Ipswich won last time they played ( beat crewe 2-1 ) Just because we beat you 1-0 dont get upset and try to wind up City fans on the board . Wiz your from lowerstoft in Suffolk and Ip...[/quote]

Born and bred in Lowestoft.

Still live there.

Recent CITY season ticket holder, till heart attack in April this year.

ACTIVE CITY supporter since 1957.

An apologise would be nice, no, thought not! 

[quote]Wiz ! I am sure Ipswich won last time they played ( beat crewe 2-1 ) Just because we beat you 1-0 dont get upset and try to wind up City fans on the board . Wiz your from lowerstoft in Suffolk and Ip...[/quote]

Behave!
I might disagree with Wiz, but accusing him of being a binner is not on.
Besides, Lowestoft is traditionally Norwich-supporting. Its north Suffolk - big difference.