Sign in to follow this  
Number 9

Intelligent

Delia has been fulsome in praise for Alex Neil and quite public in pronouncing her desire for him to be managing our club for some years.

Something she''s mentioned a few times is that AN is intelligent.

I''ve never met Alex in person so I have to rely on the screen interviews and hearing what others say who spend time with him.

The one big thing which comes through is his use of stats. My concern is that Delia has confused being able to remember and recall stats as being intelligent.

Now I''m not saying that he doesn''t have a measure of intelligence, but we''ve all known / worked for managers who are not the best at listening, will plough on doing things the hard way because that''s what they know, whether it''s the best solution or not.

It''s been said that to continue doing the same thing hoping for a different result is the definition of insanity.

Intelligent or not?

I have met him in person. He was walking down past Greggs on London St, was happy to chat to me when I stopped him. Dont get me wrong, the small talk wasn''t about global economics, quantum mechanics or nuclear fission; but he seemed very intelligent and knew exactly how to get to Clas Ohlson, despite not being local to the area.

[quote user="True Grit"]I have met him in person. He was walking down past Greggs on London St, was happy to chat to me when I stopped him. Dont get me wrong, the small talk wasn''t about global economics, quantum mechanics or nuclear fission; but he seemed very intelligent and knew exactly how to get to Clas Ohlson, despite not being local to the area.[/quote]

Gregg''s, TG?

I was thinking you would be somewhere more glamorous....