Sign in to follow this  
PurpleCanary

2016 AGM

What is there to be chirpy about? Club is going down the pan. Quite sad really, Delia needs to wake up and realise it''s not 2003 anymore. It''s not a level playing field anymore and Norwich will get left behind

He knows I''m just a simple bog cleaner Crafty. He''ll give me the leeway that he wouldn''t allow to doctors and captains of industry...

It''s not really consistency is it?

He was just pointing out that for someone who plays so many solos on his own trumpet you really are a bit thick...

Well it is about consistency since if you are going to criticise grammatical mistakes you should do so whomever makes them. Also making such mistakes is nothing to do with being clever or not and more to do with the human tendency to get it wrong now and again. Unless of course you are trying to score points.

No. I think it''s because of what I said.

If I continually told everyone that I thought I was all that I''d expect the same. That would be consistency.

I see Crafty is trying to start another fight.

Interesting point about a human tendency to make mistakes though. Completely true, I should probably be more patient and understanding.

Just like Crafty is/was with Delia Smith and her perceived "mistakes".

Thanks Crafty, I hope I can continue to tap into your wealth of knowledge and human kindness.

I raise my glass to you, sir, and maintain my commitment to becoming a better human being.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="TIL 1010"]The atmosphere for the evening is getting cranked up this afternoon.[/quote]Dunno if I dare go. I get queasy at the sight of blood these days.[/quote]Relax Ricardo, there''ll be no blood on the carpet.Always lots of pre-AGM '' they''ll be squirming '' posturing on here but come the day it''ll be the inevitable damp squib. The top table will be far too slick and the usual suspects on the floor will come down on any troublemakers.Delia & Co may well make sure of nailing it by playing an early trump card at today''s Board meeting by getting rid of the manager which will certainly kill off any dissention.Look forward to a snoozefest.....

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Usual suspects go to the AGM too? They don''t half get about! I expect it will be the silent majority who boo though...[/quote]Certain posters will be in attendance.

[quote user="Crafty Canary"]That''s OK, glad to point you down the path to being a better person.[/quote]

Thanks. I hope that we can continue to be friends.

By the way, is having two faces an advantage when blowing your own trumpet? I guess you could blow two.

See you at the AGM👍

Duncan Edwards wrote the following post at 20/11/2016 3:28 PM:

Crafty Canary wrote:
That''s OK, glad to point you down the path to being a better person.

By the way, is having two faces an advantage when blowing your own trumpet? I guess you could blow two.

See you at the AGM👍

Come now, you have just started down this new path and are showing signs of back sliding already. Have faith and keep putting one foot in front of the other and you will make progress.

BTW, I don''t blow my own trumpet. I have the whole bloody orchestra!

Have a good evening.

[quote user="Crafty Canary"]BTW, I don''t blow my own trumpet. I have the whole bloody orchestra![/quote]Really Crafty? I''ve only ever noticed the wind section. [:D]

lappinitup wrote the following post at 20/11/2016 4:55 PM:

Crafty Canary wrote:

Really Crafty? I''ve only ever noticed the wind section. Big Smile [:D]

Really old beans? Better get your ears checked!

[quote user="Crafty Canary"]Well it is about consistency since if you are going to criticise grammatical mistakes you should do so whomever makes them. Also making such mistakes is nothing to do with being clever or not and more to do with the human tendency to get it wrong now and again. Unless of course you are trying to score points.[/quote]http://www.grammarbook.com/grammar/whoever.asp

[quote user="Crafty Canary"]Duncan Edwards wrote the following post at 20/11/2016 3:28 PM:

Crafty Canary wrote:
That''s OK, glad to point you down the path to being a better person.

See you at the AGM👍

Come now, you have just started down this new path and are showing signs of back sliding already. Have faith and keep putting one foot in front of the other and you will make progress.

Have a good evening.[/quote]

So your advice would be to Keep The Faith?

Interesting.

So to get the thread back on track, are any of the posters on here who have questions they wish to ask of the board actually going to the AGM?

I can see Nutty/Duncan/Tilly are going and I ll be there too, anyone else going from here?

Should be an interesting night!

I''d temporarily forgotten this was on the horizon. All the more reason to hope the board get rid of Neil today or tomorrow before he and the Stowmarket two get a standing ovation from the sycophants at the AGM because he "speaks well" and is impressive in answering fans questions. She will take an easy ride on Wednesday as a mandate for business as usual.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]I''d temporarily forgotten this was on the horizon. All the more reason to hope the board get rid of Neil today or tomorrow before he and the Stowmarket two get a standing ovation from the sycophants at the AGM because he "speaks well" and is impressive in answering fans questions. She will take an easy ride on Wednesday as a mandate for business as usual.[/quote]Have you made a placard then Jim?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Jim Smith"]I''d temporarily forgotten this was on the horizon. All the more reason to hope the board get rid of Neil today or tomorrow before he and the Stowmarket two get a standing ovation from the sycophants at the AGM because he "speaks well" and is impressive in answering fans questions. She will take an easy ride on Wednesday as a mandate for business as usual.[/quote]Have you made a placard then Jim?[/quote]

Will you take it along for me if I do Morty?

[quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Jim Smith"]I''d temporarily forgotten this was on the horizon. All the more reason to hope the board get rid of Neil today or tomorrow before he and the Stowmarket two get a standing ovation from the sycophants at the AGM because he "speaks well" and is impressive in answering fans questions. She will take an easy ride on Wednesday as a mandate for business as usual.[/quote]Have you made a placard then Jim?[/quote]

Will you take it along for me if I do Morty?[/quote]How about you get off your harris and do it yourself?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Jim Smith"]I''d temporarily forgotten this was on the horizon. All the more reason to hope the board get rid of Neil today or tomorrow before he and the Stowmarket two get a standing ovation from the sycophants at the AGM because he "speaks well" and is impressive in answering fans questions. She will take an easy ride on Wednesday as a mandate for business as usual.[/quote]Have you made a placard then Jim?[/quote]

Will you take it along for me if I do Morty?[/quote]How about you get off your harris and do it yourself?[/quote]

I''m sorely tempted to but on balance 6 hours in the car on a Wednesday night for the possibility of being allowed to ask a 2 minute question is probably a bit much at the moment with other commitments I have.

I shall just have to hope that there are others in attendance prepared to take our owners to task if Neil is still in a job on Wednesday.

[quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Jim Smith"]I''d temporarily forgotten this was on the horizon. All the more reason to hope the board get rid of Neil today or tomorrow before he and the Stowmarket two get a standing ovation from the sycophants at the AGM because he "speaks well" and is impressive in answering fans questions. She will take an easy ride on Wednesday as a mandate for business as usual.[/quote]Have you made a placard then Jim?[/quote]

Will you take it along for me if I do Morty?[/quote]How about you get off your harris and do it yourself?[/quote]

I''m sorely tempted to but on balance 6 hours in the car on a Wednesday night for the possibility of being allowed to ask a 2 minute question is probably a bit much at the moment with other commitments I have.

I shall just have to hope that there are others in attendance prepared to take our owners to task if Neil is still in a job on Wednesday.[/quote]Absolutely zero commitment there Jim.At least in the Chase days people could be bothered....