Sign in to follow this  
PurpleCanary

2016 AGM

Thanks GPB. I used to attend regularly when I lived in the Fine City but bit of a stretch for me to get there now of an evening unless it coincides with work over towards Norfolk somewhere.

They have never, so far as I am aware, invited questions in advance but the question and answer session was always interesting albeit for quite a few years it consistent largely of old boys reading their slightly sycophantic pre-prepared speeches (rather than questions) and any criticism was very limited. Got a bit more lively in the days of Roeder and the slide to league 1 but when push comes to shove nobody has really ever been able to bring themselves to have a real go at the board when I''ve been in attendance.

[quote user="Graham Paddons Beard"]Don''t be mean to Jim.

The AGM is 23rd November Jim, k/o 7.30 although the old lads that sit in the front and nab the biscuits will be there about 4pm.

There are 7 resolutions, mostly involving re-appointing the board. Also to receive the accounts and re appoint BDO. I have to share the view that it is all a bit of a formality.

The Club "very much looks forward to meeting (the shareholders) " and it is an "excellent opportunity to meet the Board and management ". Doesn''t look like questions are invited. There was a Proxy form , but I seem to have lost it! Possibly there was chance to ask the question on that. Can''t remember

I suspect a well staged evening , giving little away. Last time I went the opening question was a complaint about smoking in the ground. Shows you how long ago that was.

You need a letter to get in.[/quote]
My experiences seem to be at odds with so many of you. AGMs are a joy. Meet loads of old friends and many new ones. It''s always great to be in the company of Norwich fans whatever the occasion.
The club do everything they can to make it possible for as many to attend as want to. I remember one year the AGM was held outside in the Barclay Stand because there''d been so many new share issues that the club weren''t sure any of the rooms would be big enough.
Questions are invited to the board and the football team manager. They aren''t vetted and nobody is favoured. In fact another memory is Alan Bowkett silencing one of the "Old lad biscuit chasers". who became most indignant. Bowkett''s forthright honesty was also a highlight that''s missed for sure.
Happy memories include "Furcoatandnoknickersgate" and more recently "Pifflegate". And who could forget "Missedyourtenuregate". There''s usually something amusing that happens as you''d expect when so many experts come together in one room. The last one was probably the blandest I remember though.
I also don''t seem to draw the blank you others do when I contact the club. There was no problem changing my address and they were more than helpful arranging for  me to split my shares into a family dynasty. 
You don''t need a letter to get in Jimbo. If you didn''t get a letter bring your share certificate.

I don''t remember that EGM Vinny. Who called it and where was it held?

It was held in the Barclay Stand in about 2001 around the time Worthy was appointed.

I think it was sponsored by Jimmy Jones when he had 10,000 shares, but the proposer was I think Mr Batley who has since passed on I believe.

I remember an AGM in the Barclay Stand. But can''t remember this EGM. It must have passed me by.
Coopers time saw the club turn the corner and he left after the play off final in Cardiff. Of course he was lucky that the great Nigel Worthington was at the club to step in. Or was it luck...

[quote user="Big Vince"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Big Vince"][quote user="morty"]Should be a great opportunity for folks who gob off here, who are also shareholders, to get the answers they seek.[/quote]

So does that mean the Board will resign by the end of the meeting?[/quote]If the whole board resigned Delia and Michael would simply put a new one in place. What would be the point of that Vinnie?[/quote]

Not necessarily. At the last EGM where there was a vote of no confidence in Bob Cooper, which he survived, Wynnie threatened to quit the club if the vote went against Cooper. I was there when the tellers were anxiously waiting on the show of hands.[/quote]Hmmm. Perhaps the rules are different for an EGM and/or a vote of no confidence, but normally, as at AGMs, the Smith and Jones majority shareholding would decide the issue. The tellers may well have just been counting to see if there was a simple majority of voters in the hall, irrespective of how many shares people were voting.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Big Vince"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Big Vince"][quote user="morty"]Should be a great opportunity for folks who gob off here, who are also shareholders, to get the answers they seek.[/quote]

So does that mean the Board will resign by the end of the meeting?[/quote]If the whole board resigned Delia and Michael would simply put a new one in place. What would be the point of that Vinnie?[/quote]

Not necessarily. At the last EGM where there was a vote of no confidence in Bob Cooper, which he survived, Wynnie threatened to quit the club if the vote went against Cooper. I was there when the tellers were anxiously waiting on the show of hands.[/quote]Hmmm. Perhaps the rules are different for an EGM and/or a vote of no confidence, but normally, as at AGMs, the Smith and Jones majority shareholding would decide the issue. The tellers may well have just been counting to see if there was a simple majority of voters in the hall, irrespective of how many shares people were voting.[/quote]

The reason the tellers were so anxious was because Wynnie stated before the vote that the whole Board would resign if a majority of hands voted for the resolution of no confidence in Bob The Grocer. So he was not going to use the Stowmarket Two block vote to carry the day.

Like Nutty i am struggling to remember another EGM other than the one at St Andrews Hall during the reign of Robert Chase. My recollection of Bob The Grocer was when he lost the vote on a show hands from the floor but Delia and MWJ saved the day by trumping the shareholders with their majority shareholding. That i am sure was an AGM not an EGM.The reference to fur coat no knickers was Beverley Johnson the mother of young Stef who addressed a question to Chase using that expression and Bowkett stopping one of the usual suspects in full flow was the late David Bately who last year received a minutes silence prior to the commencement of the meeting. The other usual suspects who never fail to get to their feet are Peter Wolsey and Cameron Newark who was the one drivelling on about the sausage rolls.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]So what was the result of this show of hands?[/quote]

The no confidence vote was defeated thus paving the way for relegation to League 1 under the Stowmarket Two''s managed decline strategy.

[quote user="Graham Paddons Beard"]Is Bob the Grocer and Bob Chapman the same chap?[/quote]Bob Cooper was the former CEO of Sainsburys who Delia appointed even thought he knew feck all about football hence his nickname of Bob The Grocer.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]The other usual suspects who never fail to get to their feet are Peter Wolsey and Cameron Newark who was the one drivelling on about the sausage rolls.[/quote]That man''s a legend.Sits a few rows in front of me in his gaberdine mac with trusty trannie welded to his ear. Used to shout out " Get the kettle on Delia " around the 80 min mark but sadly silent now. Presumably the sexist police have had a word in his shell like.....

[quote user="TIL 1010"]The atmosphere for the evening is getting cranked up this afternoon.[/quote]Dunno if I dare go. I get queasy at the sight of blood these days.

I really hope the Board get a rough time. Fed up of them pishing away our chances to first establish us as a Prem team and now pishing away our chance of promotion!

Three AGM virgins in Moxey, Balls and the boy Tom on the top table plus an under fire manager whatever could go wrong as after all we are debt free.

Quite honestly I''d love to see Delia Smith get the Robert Chase treatment. Never going to happen though as she can''t do no wrong....

How will we recognise Boy Tom

He''s the one in short trousers with doing his homework

daly wrote the following post at 19/11/2016 4:46 PM:

How will we recognise Boy Tom

He''s the one in short trousers with doing his homework

Should stand out like a sore thumb. He''ll be the one with the silver spoon hanging out of his mouth

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Why not give Delia the Chase treatment. Make your own dreams a reality...[/quote]... or just "tut" quietly that usually works.

No point as the long term plan is clearly been laid out, tut, moan or get your pitch forks out won''t make a jot of difference.......

Actually the more vitriol against Delia the more she''ll dig against the customers.

Delia will not be moving any time soon, but agree she and MWJ are the biggest obstacle to City progressing. We had some hope with McNally in place Moxey is a puppet like Doncaster before. Once we fail to get up this season which is a certainty the squad will break up including the Murphy''s and spend the next three/four years in Champs and debt free is a memory. The pressure will start to grow with less and less income and attendances will suffer.

Its a long term strategy that is needed to get a Board we deserve and a team we deserve. It will happen eventually are you in it for the long term?

nutty nigel wrote the following post at 19/11/2016 5:16 PM:

We''ll either is better than nothing...

Your boy is really going to lay into you for that grammatical error Nutty. best get the shin pads, box and helmet on. :)