Sign in to follow this  
PurpleCanary

2016 AGM

[quote user="morty"]I have to say I find Archant''s sudden want to steer all this in a certain direction, a bit odd.[/quote]I agree Morty.Even when the Chase era was in it''s death throes I don''t recall the local press giving NCFC quite as hard a time as they''re giving them right now. It seems like every hack and his dog have got the knives out for the Board and in particular AN.There was always a suspicion that ex-Archant man Stephan Phillips had some influence back in the day but he''s is still on the Board. Joe Ferrari has always had ears everywhere and his media stint has seen things sewn up as tight as a duck''s backside, particularly under David McNally.Perhaps now that DM''s been put out to pasture his stranglehold has eased and Archant have chanced their arm by gambling that NCFC need them onside now it''s all gone a bit pear-shaped on the playing field ? Clearly Archant need content to fill the back pages so it''s risky but if they get away with this they know they''ll be able to chance their arm again after this mess is resolved and the next crisis looms.Whatever the reasoning behind it it''s good to see they''ve grown a pair.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Indy_Bones"][url]http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/tumultuous_year_set_to_prompt_tough_agm_questions_for_norwich_city_directors_1_4788006[/url]There you go Diane [:)][/quote]Diane, the more significant piece is the leading article, which is the official voice of Archant:

http://www.pinkun.com/opinion/our_challenge_to_the_norwich_city_board_it_s_time_to_show_us_your_vision_1_4788255 It shows a bit of a willingness to criticise Carrow Road not seen until recently. But there are two problems with the piece. One is the awful cliche of describing the Premier League as "the promised land". Oh dear. More serious is this line:"We hope the shareholders speak out for the fans. It is up to those present to ask the pertinent questions about the future of the club and how it will be put back on track."Some shareholders might step up to the plate, but actually it is - and always has been - Archant''s job to ask those searching questions, such as but necessarily limited to those itemised in the OP. It has had weeks since the publication of the accounts to do a news story, in time for the AGM, to bolster the hands of shareholders. But not a sausage.
[/quote]
Don''t Archant have quite a large shareholding?

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="morty"]I have to say I find Archant''s sudden want to steer all this in a certain direction, a bit odd.[/quote]I agree Morty.Even when the Chase era was in it''s death throes I don''t recall the local press giving NCFC quite as hard a time as they''re giving them right now. It seems like every hack and his dog have got the knives out for the Board and in particular AN.There was always a suspicion that ex-Archant man Stephan Phillips had some influence back in the day but he''s is still on the Board. Joe Ferrari has always had ears everywhere and his media stint has seen things sewn up as tight as a duck''s backside, particularly under David McNally.Perhaps now that DM''s been put out to pasture his stranglehold has eased and Archant have chanced their arm by gambling that NCFC need them onside now it''s all gone a bit pear-shaped on the playing field ? Clearly Archant need content to fill the back pages so it''s risky but if they get away with this they know they''ll be able to chance their arm again after this mess is resolved and the next crisis looms.Whatever the reasoning behind it it''s good to see they''ve grown a pair.

[/quote]I am all for freedom of the press, but this literally looks like they have had some kind of meeting and decided on what approach they are going to take.A bit like the CIA deciding they don''t want Hillary to be president....

Point I was making is they have foreign owner and they haven''t gone out and filled the squad with foreigners.

Yer money is right. If you don''t have the financial backing in the end you will get left behind.

[quote user="Move Klose"]Point I was making is they have foreign owner and they haven''t gone out and filled the squad with foreigners.

Yer money is right. If you don''t have the financial backing in the end you will get left behind.[/quote]So Delia out, yeah?

Yes dead right , can''t be anything to do with a cup

exit and 4 straight defeats .

Depends what the expectations were at the start of the season and with the squad the manager has at his disposal something isn''t working .

In response to Nutty''s post at 23/11/2016 12:55PM

Nutty - Archant do have a shareholding. 3,500 shares from what I can see.

Purple - you are quite right. It is Archant''s job, and we aren''t talking about getting private documents or investigative journalism. All the information they need is in the public domain.

On a final matter, the club filed the annual confirmation statement late last week (and almost a month overdue). It shows that Balls and Smith Jr were allotted their shares. Curiously, McNally transferred his to Mr Wynn Jones who then transferred those to Mr Moxey on 8th and 9th September. It''s a little odd that the transactions would differ between them (or why it took so long for the McNally/Moxey transaction to take place).

If Tom at the AGM was asked what he actually brought to the boardroom table? His excited reply would be.......

"Firstly, a large glass of Claret for Aunty..... then various finger foods, little sausages and some cocktail sticks with cheese an'' pineapple on them......with some Pringles (various flavours) Stephan eats stuff, but doesn''t say anything just sits an'' preens his epic moustache and stares blankly out the window swigging printers ink from a pint glass......Then it''s another large glass of Claret for Aunty......Mr Ed likes chicken legs (Micky F gets ''em on a deal) and ED feasts like Henry the Eighth"..... (Tom mimics Chairman), chomp, slurp s''lovely yom yom chomp slurp s''lovely........"Our Mr Ed needs his sustenance as he''s a celebredeee on telly who prances ''n dances a lot so burns off loadsa caloreez and consistently practises pressin'' the imaginary City Xmas light button ''Gangman style''.....Then a flagon of claret for Aunty........

Micky F likes celery and carrot sticks with a congealed chicken fat dip and large tubs of watercress smothered in pure unadulterated lard from the restyraunts.......Then a milk churn of Claret for Aunty......I don''t actually see much of Uncle Wynny but there is always a large pall of smoke where he sits, he looks like a power station cooling tower on a winters day.....''chortle''....

All the scraps are fed to Jed who lives under the boardroom table, who occasionally lets out a yelp when Aunty gives him a swift kick for farting......Poor Jed.......Then a grain silo full of Claret for Aunty".......

"Well that''s what I bring to the boardroom table. Oh, on match days, I also direct friends and acquaintances of Aunty and Uncle Wynny to their allocated seats in the Directionless Box.....A very important task I may add, get it wrong and I get the Jed treatment off Aunty - and I don''t even have to fart......I''m also responsible for taking the clapping lead at full-time ensuring that win, lose or draw, everyone claps hard an'' happy in the Directionless Box......Then I dash back to the boardroom to arrange the super tanker delivery of Claret for Aunty.......OOOH I just can''t wait for my heritance!"

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Move Klose"]You gotta admire what Bournemouth are doing, ain''t like foreign owners have come in and filled the squad with expensive foreigners. Ibe, Cook, Wilson, Afobe, Mings all good English talents who have done it at a lower level and now bringing in an England international like Jack Wilshere. Would love to have an owner/manager with that ambition and outlook.[/quote]Money you mean.[/quote]

We have had money but we have wasted it on sick notes (VOO and Jarvis) and players who the manager is not keen to play (Lafferty and Andreau).

Then theres Wolf and Naismith.

[quote user="Donkey dangler"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Move Klose"]You gotta admire what Bournemouth are doing, ain''t like foreign owners have come in and filled the squad with expensive foreigners. Ibe, Cook, Wilson, Afobe, Mings all good English talents who have done it at a lower level and now bringing in an England international like Jack Wilshere. Would love to have an owner/manager with that ambition and outlook.[/quote]Money you mean.[/quote]

We have had money but we have wasted it on sick notes (VOO and Jarvis) and players who the manager is not keen to play (Lafferty and Andreau).

Then theres Wolf and Naismith.[/quote]Its not enough though, is it?If you have enough money you can afford the finished article, if you don''t then you have to take more of a risk.

Well thats about £26m plus wages and agents fees.

In answer to your question, we need a new owner with more money otherwise this club will go into decline and the attendances will fall.

[quote user="Donkey dangler"]Well thats about £26m plus wages and agents fees.

In answer to your question, we need a new owner with more money otherwise this club will go into decline and the attendances will fall.[/quote]Or less whingeing fans?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Donkey dangler"]Morty

How is Naismith doing in a poor squad?[/quote]Remind me who you support again?[/quote]To be fair Donkey dangler might only be a customer even though his old man was Club Secretary back in the day.....[;)]

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="morty"][quote user="Donkey dangler"]Morty

How is Naismith doing in a poor squad?[/quote]Remind me who you support again?[/quote]To be fair Donkey dangler might only be a customer even though his old man was Club Secretary back in the day.....[;)][/quote]I want to know if he ever found that brolly....

[quote user="Donkey dangler"]In answer to your question, we need a new owner with more money otherwise this club will go into decline and the attendances will fall.[/quote]You may have changed your name Tangy but you clearly have the same agenda. [:S]

Alex Neil was responsible for bringing an assistant manager who would not get a job running Wroxham he bought for over 1 million Tony Andreau who is Conference at best. Add to Naismith, Jarvis Mulumbu

Like the BOD past their sell by date

[quote user="morty"][quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="morty"][quote user="Donkey dangler"]Morty

How is Naismith doing in a poor squad?[/quote]Remind me who you support again?[/quote]To be fair Donkey dangler might only be a customer even though his old man was Club Secretary back in the day.....[;)][/quote]I want to know if he ever found that brolly....[/quote]I was with him in Carlisle on that fateful day back in 2009, Morty. It was heartbreaking to see the poor man so bereft.Sadly no trace of his dear friend was ever found, so legally, after the statutory 7 years and in the best Python tradition, the brolly is now declared deceased [:''(]

Good luck to those going tonight give the Stowmarket 2 some serious grief

Hopefully a very very hard time will get them thinking about their plan to hand over to Nepotism Tom

Rob Butler said he''d twitter updates but in previous AGMs this practice was frowned upon and not allowed.