Sign in to follow this  
PurpleCanary

2016 AGM

You''re a strange one Jim. It''s only a couple of days since you were angrily posting about the AGM.

So I''ll just add the shareholders to the long list of people that make you angry at the club. I think thats just Roy the steward left now. Everybody likes him surely.....

Wonder if there''s gonna be a gregarious Guard of Honour outside the entrance to the AGM? Of which will consist of two lines of fervent, fawning happy clappin'' forelock tuggin'' club apologists falling submissively to their knees. Then with great gusto cheer loudly and with uncontrollable frenzy, then self flagellate themselves with their precious personally signed cookery books - as the NCFC Board breeze past and enter the majestic doors of their untouchable Utopia.....

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Jim Smith"]I''d temporarily forgotten this was on the horizon. All the more reason to hope the board get rid of Neil today or tomorrow before he and the Stowmarket two get a standing ovation from the sycophants at the AGM because he "speaks well" and is impressive in answering fans questions. She will take an easy ride on Wednesday as a mandate for business as usual.[/quote]Have you made a placard then Jim?[/quote]

Will you take it along for me if I do Morty?[/quote]How about you get off your harris and do it yourself?[/quote]

I''m sorely tempted to but on balance 6 hours in the car on a Wednesday night for the possibility of being allowed to ask a 2 minute question is probably a bit much at the moment with other commitments I have.

I shall just have to hope that there are others in attendance prepared to take our owners to task if Neil is still in a job on Wednesday.[/quote]Absolutely zero commitment there Jim.At least in the Chase days people could be bothered....[/quote]

I think that''s probably symptomatic of the general malaise around the club at the moment Morty as well as just my age/stage in life. I''ve travelled up for the AGM in the past when I lived in London but I was single then. Now its just that bit too far plus I have three young children and therefore have to pick and choose my battles with the other half. I drive across for all the evening games and she thinks i''m mad for doing that but accepts it because she knows I need my football fix. For many years I barely missed a match home or away but am at a stage of life where I am not going to be able to go as often as I would like.

I do though applaud your massive commitment in walking 10 minutes to the ground on Wednesday night.

I protested against Chase, was at St Andrews Hall for the meetings, handed out anti Chase flyers at Elland Road etc. Unfortunately though Delia, because of who she is, is just never going to be the villain that Chase was and incite the same kind of vocal opposition that he did. She is therefore I think shielded from what many fans think most of the time (and lives in a bit of a bubble) because people will very rarely say it to her face.

[quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Jim Smith"]I''d temporarily forgotten this was on the horizon. All the more reason to hope the board get rid of Neil today or tomorrow before he and the Stowmarket two get a standing ovation from the sycophants at the AGM because he "speaks well" and is impressive in answering fans questions. She will take an easy ride on Wednesday as a mandate for business as usual.[/quote]Have you made a placard then Jim?[/quote]

Will you take it along for me if I do Morty?[/quote]How about you get off your harris and do it yourself?[/quote]

I''m sorely tempted to but on balance 6 hours in the car on a Wednesday night for the possibility of being allowed to ask a 2 minute question is probably a bit much at the moment with other commitments I have.

I shall just have to hope that there are others in attendance prepared to take our owners to task if Neil is still in a job on Wednesday.[/quote]Absolutely zero commitment there Jim.At least in the Chase days people could be bothered....[/quote]

I think that''s probably symptomatic of the general malaise around the club at the moment Morty as well as just my age/stage in life. I''ve travelled up for the AGM in the past when I lived in London but I was single then. Now its just that bit too far plus I have three young children and therefore have to pick and choose my battles with the other half. I drive across for all the evening games and she thinks i''m mad for doing that but accepts it because she knows I need my football fix. For many years I barely missed a match home or away but am at a stage of life where I am not going to be able to go as often as I would like.

I do though applaud your massive commitment in walking 10 minutes to the ground on Wednesday night

I protested against Chase, was at St Andrews Hall for the meetings, handed out anti Chase flyers at Elland Road etc. Unfortunately though Delia, because of who she is, is just never going to be the villain that Chase was and incite the same kind of vocal opposition that he did. She is therefore I think shielded from what many fans think most of the time (and lives in a bit of a bubble) because people will very rarely say it to her face.[/quote]Jim, I''m not the one crying about wanting the board out.....

[quote user="nutty nigel"]You''re a strange one Jim. It''s only a couple of days since you were angrily posting about the AGM.

So I''ll just add the shareholders to the long list of people that make you angry at the club. I think thats just Roy the steward left now. Everybody likes him surely.....[/quote]

Got nothing against the AGM nutty, I used to enjoy it when I was able to attend more regularly. Am merely of the view that Delia and MWJ tend to get a fairly easy ride (because in reality its very difficult to give them a hard time to their faces in that scenario) and that can sometimes be counter productive because I think it sometimes gives them a false impression of the views of the wider fan base.

Nobody wants to be unpleasant to them or to Alex Neil and its very difficult for a lot of people to stand up and demand Neil be sacked when he`s sitting directly in front of them. People just won''t do it.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Jim Smith"]I''d temporarily forgotten this was on the horizon. All the more reason to hope the board get rid of Neil today or tomorrow before he and the Stowmarket two get a standing ovation from the sycophants at the AGM because he "speaks well" and is impressive in answering fans questions. She will take an easy ride on Wednesday as a mandate for business as usual.[/quote]Have you made a placard then Jim?[/quote]

I do though applaud your massive commitment in walking 10 minutes to the ground on Wednesday night

I protested against Chase, was at St Andrews Hall for the meetings, handed out anti Chase flyers at Elland Road etc. Unfortunately though Delia, because of who she is, is just never going to be the villain that Chase was and incite the same kind of vocal opposition that he did. She is therefore I think shielded from what many fans think most of the time (and lives in a bit of a bubble) because people will very rarely say it to her face.[/quote]Jim, I''m not the one crying about wanting the board out.....[/quote]

I`m not saying I want the board out either. I do feel that their current attitude is holding us back though.

[quote user="Diane"]So to get the thread back on track, are any of the posters on here who have questions they wish to ask of the board actually going to the AGM?

I can see Nutty/Duncan/Tilly are going and I ll be there too, anyone else going from here?

Should be an interesting night![/quote]

I wouldn''t miss it for the world !

[quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="nutty nigel"]You''re a strange one Jim. It''s only a couple of days since you were angrily posting about the AGM.

So I''ll just add the shareholders to the long list of people that make you angry at the club. I think thats just Roy the steward left now. Everybody likes him surely.....[/quote]

Got nothing against the AGM nutty, I used to enjoy it when I was able to attend more regularly. Am merely of the view that Delia and MWJ tend to get a fairly easy ride (because in reality its very difficult to give them a hard time to their faces in that scenario) and that can sometimes be counter productive because I think it sometimes gives them a false impression of the views of the wider fan base.

Nobody wants to be unpleasant to them or to Alex Neil and its very difficult for a lot of people to stand up and demand Neil be sacked when he`s sitting directly in front of them. People just won''t do it.[/quote]
Well earlier today you reckoned the shareholders were sycophants. I don''t know about being a sycophant but I could perhaps be an elephant because I don''t forget what you say from one post to the next....
It''s just as easy to say what you think at the agm as is on here. You don''t have to be aggressive and rude to make a point. 

Not all the shareholders are sycophants Nutty but there is certainly always a presence of them at the AGM who like to stand up and worship at the alter of Delia and Michael.

As I have said, the danger with those two is that they see an easy ride at the AGM as a pat on the back whereas the reality is that they''ve never really been given a seriously hard time. Yes there has been the odd barbed comment or dissenting voice but its generally quite tame. Hopefully the presence of nephew Tom may see a few more questions raised.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]Not all the shareholders are sycophants Nutty but there is certainly always a presence of them at the AGM who like to stand up and worship at the alter of Delia and Michael.

As I have said, the danger with those two is that they see an easy ride at the AGM as a pat on the back whereas the reality is that they''ve never really been given a seriously hard time. Yes there has been the odd barbed comment or dissenting voice but its generally quite tame. Hopefully the presence of nephew Tom may see a few more questions raised.[/quote]Really Jim? Really?

To be fair, the treatment they''re given at the AGM will always generally be dependant upon how they''ve performed as owners. If they''ve generally had an easy ride it would suggest that despite your beliefs, the general view is they''ve done a good job.

[quote user="Diane"]So to get the thread back on track, are any of the posters on here who have questions they wish to ask of the board actually going to the AGM?

I can see Nutty/Duncan/Tilly are going and I ll be there too, anyone else going from here?

I will be there. Usually ask a question but on this occasion there are about 15 topics which could be raised. Dunno where to start !!!

[quote user="vos"][quote user="Diane"]So to get the thread back on track, are any of the posters on here who have questions they wish to ask of the board actually going to the AGM?

I will be there. Usually ask a question but on this occasion there are about 15 topics which could be raised. Dunno where to start !!![/quote]

Agreed. It will be difficult to know where to start. Board have done such a lousy job in every way possible.

Looks like there will be a good turnout of Pink Un posters on Wednesday evening and this afternoon i am obtained CUSDP a place with poor old Roy Blower''s proxy vote. Roy sadly is entering his 15th week at the N&N with his parkinsons related problems. It will be good to see The Stracey Hotel having additional representation. [:P]

I do find it amusing that posters who live locally want others to raise questions for them at the AGM but can''t be bothered to go themselves cause they are busy, or out or washing their hair.

So many people on here have issues with the board & Alex so here''s your chance to ask them all your burning questions

[quote user="Diane"]I do find it amusing that posters who live locally want others to raise questions for them at the AGM but can''t be bothered to go themselves cause they are busy, or out or washing their hair.

So many people on here have issues with the board & Alex so here''s your chance to ask them all your burning questions[/quote]Don''t you have to be a shareholder to go along though?

Well yes. But you also have to go to games if you want to holler and boo. Will there be an AGM stream?

CUSDP will have to wear a suit and tie at least if hes representing our esteemed former lord mayor. Perhaps Tillys got a load of old bling with which to make him an immitation chain of office?

Will be interesting to see how Ed Balls handles what is sure to be a difficult meeting. Being a politician he is not in the same league as shrewd businessman Alan Bowkett who had considerable experience in the Chair. Bowkett always commenced the meeting with a 20 min or so scenario pointing out what the Club had done for the Community etc. This had the desired result of taking up Q and A time plus making it that more difficult to make too many probing questions. Looking at the latest accounts out of a turnover of £98 million the Club gave very little in cash terms, but merely produced a few signed pendants and supported ground collections etc. If they had given a few thousand pounds to some local clubs to update their changing rooms etc, to enable then to continue, that would be a meaningful gesture. I wonder if Ed will do a "Stephen Fry" and absent himself as he has other more important BBC commitments to fulfil !!!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Well yes. But you also have to go to games if you want to holler and boo. Will there be an AGM stream?

CUSDP will have to wear a suit and tie at least if hes representing our esteemed former lord mayor. Perhaps Tillys got a load of old bling with which to make him an immitation chain of office?[/quote]

Privileged to have his proxy. Never been to one before, so looking forward to it.

[quote user="can u sit down please"][quote user="nutty nigel"]Well yes. But you also have to go to games if you want to holler and boo. Will there be an AGM stream?

CUSDP will have to wear a suit and tie at least if hes representing our esteemed former lord mayor. Perhaps Tillys got a load of old bling with which to make him an immitation chain of office?[/quote]

Privileged to have his proxy. Never been to one before, so looking forward to it.[/quote]
I''m well looking forward to your input. It''s your big chance so don''t fluff your lines! Or you''ll never be able to criticise the clappers again[;)]

[quote user="can u sit down please"]You know me, I''m not very articultate. I''ll be thinking of things to say. Will just stay off of the Topps.

At least mcnally won''t be there. After I cornered him in the nelson he''d never let me speak haha.[/quote]
See! You never cornered McNally in the Stracey. Probably the nearest you''d get to McNally in there would be a steward from the N&P...

[quote user="nutty nigel"]What about the partnership with the CSF Vos?[/quote]

Nutty - will have to confess I know little about the CSF. Perhaps its time I did!!. Mainly trying to make the point that despite their millions I do not think the Club hand out much in the way of cash to the local community.

I did once ask McNally if they could at least provide a free beer/cuppa to shareholders at the AGM which he thought was not an unreasonable request. I suppose I am just generally aggrieved with all the money floating about to the select few due to the Sky factor.

[quote user="vos"][quote user="nutty nigel"]What about the partnership with the CSF Vos?[/quote]

Nutty - will have to confess I know little about the CSF. Perhaps its time I did!!. Mainly trying to make the point that despite their millions I do not think the Club hand out much in the way of cash to the local community.

I did once ask McNally if they could at least provide a free beer/cuppa to shareholders at the AGM which he thought was not an unreasonable request. I suppose I am just generally aggrieved with all the money floating about to the select few due to the Sky factor.[/quote]
Vos I''m with you. They negotiate new tv deals so the agents negotiate new contracts. That''s where the money goes. We have that mutual McNally used to talk about where the money is ploughed back into football. Hence no new stand as we would have to pay less wages. It''s especially galling when these players are losing every week. I have more than once thought we could just as easily lose with cheaper players and build a new stand! But that woudn''t be shooing ambishun bor[;)]
CSF? Awesome buddy. Throughout Norfolk. Hopefully there''ll be another video on Wednesday.

I hope everyone enjoy themselves at tonight''s AGM. I would like to suggest that at the end of the affair everyone link hands and join in with the ditty:

Should auld acquaintance be forgot,

And never brought to mind?

Should auld acquaintance be forgot,

And nepotism Tom.

For nepotism Tom, my jo,

For nepotism Tom,

We''ll tak a cup o'' bullsh1t yet,

For nepotism Tom.

I have a question for the AGM, perhaps someone who''s going (Tilly?) might like to ask it :-"In the Annual Report, the club''s future strategy consisted of investing all available

surplus cash into our squad in an attempt to return to the Premier League and hence be able to finance long term investment projects.How can the club hope to be able to finance long term projects if it doesn''t have a long term strategy eg with respect to selling players, age profile of our purchases,
integration of youth players, squad turnover and quality of product."~~~~~~~~If the answer claims that there are such strategies in place, then ask why these weren''t stated in the Annual Report.For reference, below is the club''s strategy as per the Strategic Report section of the [url=http://www.canaries.co.uk/cms_images/annual-report-2016-web132-3388231.pdf]Annual Report[/url]."The Club’s future strategy remains that of investing all available

surplus cash in to the playing squad and hence maximising the chances of

returning to the Premier League at the earliest opportunity. This in

turn will allow the consideration of longer term investment projects

centred on both the Club’s training facilities at Colney and at Carrow

Road itself."

[quote user="93vintage"]I have a question for the AGM, perhaps someone who''s going (Tilly?) might like to ask it :-"In the Annual Report, the club''s future strategy consisted of investing all available

surplus cash into our squad in an attempt to return to the Premier League and hence be able to finance long term investment projects.How can the club hope to be able to finance long term projects if it doesn''t have a long term strategy eg with respect to selling players, age profile of our purchases,
integration of youth players, squad turnover and quality of product."~~~~~~~~If the answer claims that there are such strategies in place, then ask why these weren''t stated in the Annual Report.For reference, below is the club''s strategy as per the Strategic Report section of the [url=http://www.canaries.co.uk/cms_images/annual-report-2016-web132-3388231.pdf]Annual Report[/url]."The Club’s future strategy remains that of investing all available

surplus cash in to the playing squad and hence maximising the chances of

returning to the Premier League at the earliest opportunity. This in

turn will allow the consideration of longer term investment projects

centred on both the Club’s training facilities at Colney and at Carrow

Road itself."[/quote]But isn''t the report, primarily, a financial one?