Sign in to follow this  
pete

Projected £12m loss?

According to BBC this am profit of £9m this tear but projected loss of £12m. Will not a loss of this magnitude breach FFP rules? I believe a loss of £8m in any year would breach. Interested in any thoughts this £8m figure stated in operation three years ago.

Ricardo reports parachute payment of £42m for 2016/7 and £30m for 2017/8, again I believed parachute payments were to be £20m and £8m for next season reduced because City were recipients in 2014/5. Could someone please clarify the position re parachute.

If getting £42m how can we lose £12m next season. However not surprised since the former shadow CofE now ensconced in Delia''s playground.

The faith in Alex Neil is misplaced the players will be furious at least until December.

what a surpriseyou have popped up to have a go at the clubps look up the stuff as those you are asking will have done, or is that not your real reason

Why would he look stuff up when it would show the numbers he is quoting are b*llocks? Then he wouldn''t be able to start yet another poorly framed and inaccurate rant.

Which I am encouraging by replying I know. :-(

I doubt if you are encouraging him, anymore than you pointing out a dogturd on the street is encouraging it to be a dogturd

Any chance someone could actually answer the points put inthe op? I''ve looked up the rules and don''t understand them. £8m is a figure quoted at one point, but I don''t understand the gobbledygook that goes with it.And what about the point we had parachute payments in 2014-15?  The rules if you look at them are total gobbledygook and there is this link which says changes have been made - http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/9873622/parachute-payments-overhauled-for-promoted-premier-league-clubsWe all know what Pete is like, but his points could do with being clarified imo.

Agreed LDC, I was a bit concerned to hear this figure last night and wondered the same thing. Anyone understand the rules enough to answer the question?

I would suspect the figure is based on us achieving promotion with the loss coming from bonuses as is usually the case. Therefore we wouldn''t be in the EFL anymore and they wouldn''t be able to inflict any punishment.

There are too many variables to make any sensible prediction. It does seem however that the board have changed their strategy. last year it was retaining our PL position this year getting it back. We know what happened last season and i suspect this season will be equally successful. The Board to be frank have a promotion or we are stuffed approach. a club our size cannot waste the amount of money that we have in poor transfer dealings and managerial pay offs to expect anything other than a dark place when the wheels come off. We have the option of player sales but as things go the nightmare scenario is that may be the Murphy twins as they are the only ones of any worth that we can move on for any amount of money.

Would you give this bunch of clowns your own cash to invest?? Newcastle in sharp comparison got relegated sold loads of players built a promotion side and made a significant profit.

It seems that we''re playing a quite high risk game. We won the gamble the season before last, but lose it and we''ll go backwards to a significant degree.I''d much prefer us to hedge our bets and build from within, as opposed to putting the house on the roulette wheel every other season.

From what I can remember there was a slide that quoted income at £72 million and running costs at £66.7 million. Steve Stone explained that transfer fees are written down over the length of contract. He explained that an £8 million player on a 4 year contract is amortised at £2 million per year (2x4=8). Therefore the projected losses will be the amortisation of existing players costs and expenses.The obvious remedy to the £12.6 million projected loss will be the sale of some of those players.