Sign in to follow this  
ricardo

Ricardo's report AGM 2016

[quote user="morty"][quote user="93vintage"][quote user="Zebediah Hush-Puppy"][quote user="93vintage"]It doesn''t sound as if there have been any big lessons learned, at least going by the questions and comments. Similarly it doesn''t appear as if there''s any kind of plan on how to get the club out the hole it''s in.Was there nothing about Ed''s 10 year plan? I wonder whether this is just a pipe dream that will be silently discarded.[/quote]Stop making up stuff, the club is not in any holeProbably the healthiest it has been in it''s long existence[/quote]Stop making up unfunny user names.[/quote]To be fair, its harming no one.Making up nonsense about a football club we should all care about, kinda is.Hope this clears things up for you.[/quote]Keep trying, you can troll a lot better than that!

[quote user="93vintage"][quote user="morty"][quote user="93vintage"][quote user="Zebediah Hush-Puppy"][quote user="93vintage"]It doesn''t sound as if there have been any big lessons learned, at least going by the questions and comments. Similarly it doesn''t appear as if there''s any kind of plan on how to get the club out the hole it''s in.Was there nothing about Ed''s 10 year plan? I wonder whether this is just a pipe dream that will be silently discarded.[/quote]Stop making up stuff, the club is not in any holeProbably the healthiest it has been in it''s long existence[/quote]Stop making up unfunny user names.[/quote]To be fair, its harming no one.Making up nonsense about a football club we should all care about, kinda is.Hope this clears things up for you.[/quote]Keep trying, you can troll a lot better than that![/quote]You should probably look up a definition of trolling.Honestly, you should.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="93vintage"][quote user="morty"][quote user="93vintage"][quote user="Zebediah Hush-Puppy"][quote user="93vintage"]It doesn''t sound as if there have been any big lessons learned, at least going by the questions and comments. Similarly it doesn''t appear as if there''s any kind of plan on how to get the club out the hole it''s in.Was there nothing about Ed''s 10 year plan? I wonder whether this is just a pipe dream that will be silently discarded.[/quote]Stop making up stuff, the club is not in any holeProbably the healthiest it has been in it''s long existence[/quote]Stop making up unfunny user names.[/quote]To be fair, its harming no one.Making up nonsense about a football club we should all care about, kinda is.Hope this clears things up for you.[/quote]Keep trying, you can troll a lot better than that![/quote]You should probably look up a definition of trolling.Honestly, you should.[/quote]ROFL!!!

[quote user="93vintage"][quote user="Zebediah Hush-Puppy"][quote user="93vintage"]It doesn''t sound as if there have been any big lessons learned, at least going by the questions and comments. Similarly it doesn''t appear as if there''s any kind of plan on how to get the club out the hole it''s in.Was there nothing about Ed''s 10 year plan? I wonder whether this is just a pipe dream that will be silently discarded.[/quote]Stop making up stuff, the club is not in any holeProbably the healthiest it has been in it''s long existence[/quote]Stop making up unfunny user names.[/quote]any news on this hole we are inToo many turning up to gamestoo much money earned in one season... £100mbrilliant youth policy with some excellent youngsters coming throughperhaps it''s one of thoseps now I know some folk think they are unfunny I will have to try some more, ta

I''m guessing City stand.Season ticket holder for maybe 35 years.And you heard a young person say "ROFL" once.Time for bed fella, you''re done.

The issue with the £1 share sale is the lack of risk that it highlights

If the new Directors paid say £10k per share and the club went belly up they would personally lose a small fortune or to put it another way it would mean they had a strong motivation for the club to succeed

They can screw it up and have no direct consequences for themselves

Hell in a hand cart we are going to hell in a hand cart

Whilst were at it can we pay the players the following

50% basic pay

75% if you get in the matchday squad

100% if you win

That should help get them motivated to get in the team, none of this not playing for the manager garbage, real life stuff like playing to earn your money:)

I don''t get this agenda (or perhaps I do....) to question what McNally or Balls are paid. Some of the players are paid far more, and a lot of them haven''t attracted anywhere near the same level of criticism. A real sense of unbalance between someone who kicks a ball around, or someone who deals with a multi million pound business, or...................

Bagster: m

50% basic pay

100% if you win

That should help get them motivated to get in the team, none of this not playing for the manager garbage, real life stuff like playing to earn your money:) ''

Not if we want to recruit ANY decent new players.

Thanks for the report Ricardo. Sounds like a very fair summation.

To put Balls'' salary into perspective, I''d guess Naismith earns about that every two weeks....

[quote user="Fuzzar"]Thanks for the report Ricardo. Sounds like a very fair summation.

To put Balls'' salary into perspective, I''d guess Naismith earns about that every two weeks....[/quote]

That sounds like good value for money then;)

[quote user="Nuff Said"]Bagster: m

50% basic pay

100% if you win

That should help get them motivated to get in the team, none of this not playing for the manager garbage, real life stuff like playing to earn your money:) ''

Not if we want to recruit ANY decent new players.[/quote]

Tongue firmly in cheek it not as if I actually think it would happen hence the ;)

Balls, Moxey and, indeed, Neil each spoke impressively last evening. It''s their narratives that many would challenge. As we already know the owners are not interested in selling, particularly, if that investments flows from outside the UK. So, where does that leave us? Presumably, Steve Stone is working closely with 1p5wich to understand how they have avoided league one football and established themselves as a mediocre championship club. The obvious risk for us is that (lack of) finance necessitates the dismantling of a compete role first team squad and, indeed, the much vaunted category one academy - one must suspect neither is affordable as we contract the business towards a natural turnover of not much more than £30m.

Things look set to be feisty at Carrow Road following the inevitable heavy defeats in the next two games - the board will obviously need to be mindful of the potential for league one football as we cotinue to drift down the table.

A couple of questions for Ricardo/anyone who attended.

1- when asked to run down his cv/qualifications what did Tom say?

2- was there any mention of Tony Spearing? Is he still with the club now Martin has his new role?

[quote user="king canary"]A couple of questions for Ricardo/anyone who attended.

2- was there any mention of Tony Spearing? Is he still with the club now Martin has his new role?[/quote]

Tom didn''t say much about his CV. it was mainly about his longtime support and enthusiasm for the club and his wish to meet and talk to as many people as possible at the end of the meeting.No mention of Tony Spearing but there was discussion re the number of people who had failed in the recruitment dept. Perhaps they''ll get it right this time.

[quote user="Legend Iwan"]Thanks for the rundown of events, Ricardo. As a follow up to King Canary''s questions, was anything else said about Ricky Martin?[/quote]Ricky Martin was on the top table and spoke for a short while about recruitment and attempting to get a more balanced squad during the next transfer window. I expect some big names will leave in January.

Cheers for those, Morty.

It seems Ricky will be bringing discipline and structure to our scouting, according to Moxley.

Ricardo or anyone else at the agm, was anything else said on Ricky and this added responsibility?

I omitted to mention last night the question on Delia and MWJ''s interview in the press.MWJ stressed that some things had been taken out of context and that they were still open to the right kind of investment. The thrust of his argument was that foreign investment wasn''t a panacea.

Thank you as ever Ricardo.

Having (just about) read everything, some thoughts:

1. The £90k - sounds reasonable, but why was it publicly stated that Mr Stone was interim CEO and not Mr Balls. And why was Balls'' role not disclosed earlier? It shouldn''t take a question on £90k in the accounts to find out Mr Balls was actually performing some of the CEO duties (over the most crucial period of the calendar, transfer window etc.) This isn''t a stick to beat the club with, the fans (and shareholders) should know who is ''running'' the club in such a critical time.

2. There is a legal requirement for the directors to each have 100 shares, but that doesn''t answer why these appear to have been "given" to Mr Balls and Mr Smith Jr for £1. The same mechanism was not used for Mr Moxey (Mr Smith Sr appeared to transfer Mr McNally''s shares to him). Whilst I appreciate the figures are small and this may seem rather abstract to some, but corporate governance is important - the fans need to know that the directors of the club are competent and not "cutting corners". That we also ''once again'' filed the completion statement late at Companies House is another concern.

3. It''s not clear exactly the starting point Mr Stone''s £7.5 million cash outflow is starting from (all sorts of figures seem to be getting thrown about, but I''ll go with Ricardo''s, hoping he wasn''t drinking too many Peronis). Assuming the starting position is that in the annual accounts of a negative £2.6 million cash balance this suggests that we will be some minus £10 million in cash. So either: (i) we are going to have to sell quite a few players to cover the deficit; or (ii) we are going to take on some form of debt. I''d suggest neither option is great news.

To add:

It is wholly unsatisfactory (and possibly in breach of companies law) that Ed as non-executive chairman was also performing executive duties. Part of his job as non-ex chairman is to provide independent scrutiny to the executive functions (i.e. making sure they are doing their job). He clearly can''t do that if he is involved in those functions. This is very disappointing given the historical question marks raised around the board''s independence.

[quote user="Alex "]I finished work and couldn''t wait to get home to read about how the AGM went - thanks for your summary, Ricardo, it really is much appreciated.

One of my overiding feelings is I actually really couldn''t give a flying monkeys b0110cks how much Ed Balls was or is paid, and I think I''d only get upset about it if I was clinging on to the slightest detail to try and slag our great club over. For the record, all things considered, I''d have thought he''d get more than that such is the money in football these days. But, seriously, who gives a shit?! My concern is for on field matters, that''s what I support NCFC for, not so I can get falsely furious over the higher echelons bloody wages![/quote]

They rammed down our throats all night how it was absolutely critical that every spare pound had to be invested in "the football side of the business". The money that is brought into the club and taken out of the club is fundamentally important to what happens on the field. I really don''t understand how some people find it impossible to make the connection.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="king canary"]A couple of questions for Ricardo/anyone who attended.

2- was there any mention of Tony Spearing? Is he still with the club now Martin has his new role?[/quote]

Tom didn''t say much about his CV. it was mainly about his longtime support and enthusiasm for the club and his wish to meet and talk to as many people as possible at the end of the meeting.No mention of Tony Spearing but there was discussion re the number of people who had failed in the recruitment dept. Perhaps they''ll get it right this time.

[/quote]

The question is, have they recruited the right person?

[quote user="Buncey"] 3. It''s not clear exactly the starting point Mr Stone''s £7.5 million cash outflow is starting from (all sorts of figures seem to be getting thrown about, but I''ll go with Ricardo''s, hoping he wasn''t drinking too many Peronis). Assuming the starting position is that in the annual accounts of a negative £2.6 million cash balance this suggests that we will be some minus £10 million in cash. So either: (i) we are going to have to sell quite a few players to cover the deficit; or (ii) we are going to take on some form of debt. I''d suggest neither option is great news.[/quote]I think you can take it from what was said and what was left unsaid that this is the likely scenario. I expect we will see at least one of Brady, Naismith or Klose being tapped out in the January sales.

Thanks Ricardo. It is difficult to read between the lines having not been there in person. It really adds more importance to the issues of recruitment and our recent poor run of form.

Agree with you Buncey re the importance of future recruitment, this transfer window is going to be a real deal breaker for us. Ricky has to shift some of the high paid players who don''t want to be here and get us another centre back/striker/left back ( assuming Brady/Olssen leave )

Will be an interesting month for our club