Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Live coverage of the AGM

[quote user="STAN"]Morty, I might as well have a debate with a brick wall.

You''re bemoaning people for criticising Neil''s responses. Yet you won''t answer a simple question on how you personally felt he dealt with it.[/quote]
I may be wrong but I  don''t think Morty was there was he so how would he know?

[quote user="Diane"][quote user="STAN"]Morty, I might as well have a debate with a brick wall.

You''re bemoaning people for criticising Neil''s responses. Yet you won''t answer a simple question on how you personally felt he dealt with it.[/quote]
I may be wrong but I  don''t think Morty was there was he so how would he know?
[/quote]No I wasn''t.I already told him that.

I didn''t get the bit about Ed being stand in CEO for 2:5 months because I''m sure that Steve Stone stepped up to be the interim CEO  until someone was appointed permanently, which is confirmed here in our local paper and was also what he told us at the fans forum he did in July.
[url]http://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwich-city/who_is_interim_norwich_city_chief_executive_steve_stone_1_4527585[/url]

[quote user="Diane"]I didn''t get the bit about Ed being stand in CEO for 2:5 months because I''m sure that Steve Stone stepped up to be the interim CEO  until someone was appointed permanently, which is confirmed here in our local paper and was also what he told us at the fans forum he did in July.
[url]http://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwich-city/who_is_interim_norwich_city_chief_executive_steve_stone_1_4527585[/url]
[/quote]If you watch Ed Balls interview on Mustard TV after the AGM tonight, it explains it all.

[quote user="Diane"]I didn''t get the bit about Ed being stand in CEO for 2:5 months because I''m sure that Steve Stone stepped up to be the interim CEO  until someone was appointed permanently, which is confirmed here in our local paper and was also what he told us at the fans forum he did in July.
[/quote]I quite clearly remember at your forum Diane that Steve Stone said he was at home in Coventry on the Sunday morning when Ed Balls rang him up and said that McNally had resigned and asked if he would be acting CEO so he jumped in his car and returned to Norwich in the afternoon instead of the Monday morning which was his intention before he received the call.

Not sure why you have to be so sarcastic Morty when anyone questions anything they don''t understand.
Steve Stone did our fans forum on July 22nd, a week before Jez was appointed and he definitely said then he was the interim CEO  . Not sure what changed from 22/7 to 1/8 when Jez was appointed? 
I have listened as you suggested to the Mustard tv Ed balls interview after agm and didn''t hear any ref to that situation unless I missed it, is this the one you meant [url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2OWKpbT6XU[/url]

I''ve watched it again, no mention of Steve Stone or who did the interim ceo job in that interview on Mustard with Ed.

Could someone else listen to it and tell me what Im missing, link is further up, thanks

[quote user="Diane"]I''ve watched it again, no mention of Steve Stone or who did the interim ceo job in that interview on Mustard with Ed.

Could someone else listen to it and tell me what Im missing, link is further up, thanks[/quote]

I''ve listened and don''t think you are missing anything. They kept cracking on about transparency last night but before doing so they should have looked it up in the dictionary to find out the meaning of the word !

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Diane"]I didn''t get the bit about Ed being stand in CEO for 2:5 months because I''m sure that Steve Stone stepped up to be the interim CEO  until someone was appointed permanently, which is confirmed here in our local paper and was also what he told us at the fans forum he did in July.
[/quote]I quite clearly remember at your forum Diane that Steve Stone said he was at home in Coventry on the Sunday morning when Ed Balls rang him up and said that McNally had resigned and asked if he would be acting CEO so he jumped in his car and returned to Norwich in the afternoon instead of the Monday morning which was his intention before he received the call.[/quote]To lots of fans it will look like the club was actively hiding the fact that Ed was working as interim CEO.As to possible reasons for the apparent deception, I think it''s likely related to Stone not having much of a clue about how to be CEO of a football club or having the time to be both CEO and finance director. Two men were therefore needed to cover the role.Many people on here commented at the time that there seemed to be no contingency measures in place. McNally supposedly took his contact book with him and we were employing football agents to help with transfers.Another point is that by Mustard failing to put the obvious

questions related to this matter to either Moxey of Balls, many might

conclude that Archant are still very much in bed with the club.

[quote user="93vintage"]Many people on here commented at the time that there seemed to be no contingency measures in place. McNally supposedly took his contact book with him and we were employing football agents to help with transfers.Another point is that by Mustard failing to put the obvious

questions related to this matter to either Moxey of Balls, many might

conclude that Archant are still very much in bed with the club.[/quote]

We employed agents when McNally was at Carrow Rd.What were the questions that needed to be asked?

[quote user="93vintage"]As to possible reasons for the apparent deception, I think it''s likely related to Stone not having much of a clue about how to be CEO of a football club or having the time to be both CEO and finance director. Two men were therefore needed to cover the role.[/quote]
I don''t think that was the case Vintage because Steve wasn''t doing both jobs, I remember him saying that someone had stepped up to do his finance director''s job leaving him free to concentrate on the interim CEO role. So maybe we know Ed was involved, maybe they split the role and did a bit each ??
He also did have a clue about the CEO role because he had been working closely with David McNally for just over 12 months, so probably was the obvious person  at the club to hold the reins.
No bearing on him and his temporary role, but he came over really well at our fans forum, we had loads of positive feedback about him 

Now Wynnie''s a bit of a mumbler bless him. But I thought he made reference to the club being thinly covered for a period of time and Ed Balls stepped in to fill that out. They then felt he was due payment for that hence the 90 grand. 

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Now Wynnie''s a bit of a mumbler bless him. But I thought he made reference to the club being thinly covered for a period of time and Ed Balls stepped in to fill that out. They then felt he was due payment for that hence the 90 grand. [/quote]

Oooh, thats a new one. Someone can now decide they want to know what came first, did Ed do the work and the club decided he should be paid or did the promise of 90K to fill in entice Ed to step up?This could run and run, over to you ''the usual suspects''. [:)]

[quote user="TCCANARY"][quote user="nutty nigel"]Now Wynnie''s a bit of a mumbler bless him. But I thought he made reference to the club being thinly covered for a period of time and Ed Balls stepped in to fill that out. They then felt he was due payment for that hence the 90 grand. [/quote]

Oooh, thats a new one. Someone can now decide they want to know what came first, did Ed do the work and the club decided he should be paid or did the promise of 90K to fill in entice Ed to step up?This could run and run, over to you ''the usual suspects''. [:)]

[/quote]
I think the silent majority have already had their say...

[quote user="Diane"][quote user="93vintage"]As to possible reasons for the apparent deception, I think it''s likely related to Stone not having much of a clue about how to be CEO of a football club or having the time to be both CEO and finance director. Two men were therefore needed to cover the role.[/quote]
I don''t think that was the case Vintage because Steve wasn''t doing both jobs, I remember him saying that someone had stepped up to do his finance director''s job leaving him free to concentrate on the interim CEO role. So maybe we know Ed was involved, maybe they split the role and did a bit each ??
He also did have a clue about the CEO role because he had been working closely with David McNally for just over 12 months, so probably was the obvious person  at the club to hold the reins.
No bearing on him and his temporary role, but he came over really well at our fans forum, we had loads of positive feedback about him 
[/quote]Thanks for clearing up Diane (and Nutty). I think Steve Stone obviously has some experience, but lacked some of the nitty gritty (eg contacts) that McNally had. So Ed and Steve needed to work together to get around the void that McNally left behind.The question still remains why the club didn''t tell people of Ed''s role as joint-CEO, but the above probably explains it ie the club probably didn''t want to look stupid at not having a full contingency plan. They also seemed to want to keep the nature of McNally''s departure quiet and adhere to the non-disclosure agreement too.