Sign in to follow this  
andrew norwichcity

Formation

I''m surprised no one asked Alex Neil at the AGM anything to do with his stonewall thought process on our formation since last season. I agree defensive mistakes have cost us points, but when you play the same formation with the same lackluster attack at times it really baffles me that he will not change anything.

Playing 451 suits players such as Hoolahan and Pritchard obviously, but when these two have poor/average games we really do struggle going forward. Bring into that Jacob Murphy who went off form after his brilliant start you have 3 players all behind the lone striker who could put in a lackluster performance meaning a struggling attack. Brady has lost interest too. I want 442 or something to change!

[quote user="king canary"]One thing that will always baffle me as people''s love for 4-4-bloody-2. Why?[/quote]Because they basically know very little about football.

I know far more about football than a simple ''lets play 442'' would state. I would never imagine 2 banks of 4 and 2 sitting in front up top sitting there in some rigid manner. Try 3 cm with Neismith in behind strikers with our FB''s as wing backs - Tettey usually drops into defence anyway to help cover.

I guess we could just stick to what isn''t working though... with only having had maybe 2 or 3 convincing wins all season and the rest an absolute struggle.

The problem with formations is that players do not stick tto themFor almost all of the game they are either marking opponents or moving into space......or merely tracking the ballperhaps they could have letters on their shirts denoting what they are and so we could see if they are straying out of formationI''m such that would be much appreciated by the fans

Ruddy

Pinto, Martin, Klose, Olsson

Thompson, Tettey, Dorrans

Neismith

Jerome, Oliviera

This is when players are fit/not suspended. This weekend We''re without Dorrans, Olsson and will have to see if Thompson is back along with Pinto. This weekend funnily enough probably does suit 451 being away at an in form team. I just want to see some kind of tactical change to the lineup a bit more the way Lambert used to do.

There is a horrendous lack of pace in that XI and not much in the way of creativity. You''ve got two big men upfront but it looks like only the fullbacks would be providing width.

I''ve said a few times I''d like to see us switch to three at the back and use wingbacks. Pinto on the right and Brady on the left could both do that role and it would free up Wes/Pritchard to play without having to worry about defending or tracking back too much. I just don''t think this squad is built for 4-4-2.

[quote user="andrew norwichcity"]Ruddy

Pinto, Martin, Klose, Olsson

Thompson, Tettey, Dorrans

Neismith

Jerome, Oliviera

This is when players are fit/not suspended. This weekend We''re without Dorrans, Olsson and will have to see if Thompson is back along with Pinto. This weekend funnily enough probably does suit 451 being away at an in form team. I just want to see some kind of tactical change to the lineup a bit more the way Lambert used to do.[/quote]So what you''re saying is that we don''t actually have the players to play 4-4-2?

This weekend it would appear not. I would like to see 3 at the back to use wingbacks though, we could suit that. I just want to see some kind of change because going forward Brady, Murphy and Pritchard haven''t done it for me recently. The main source of balls into the box seems to be from our fullbacks anyways.

At least we have a squad of players with a bit of depth which can allow us to think up where we could change things about a bit. Just a shame we''ve not really seen that happen yet.

Thank you. We all know this would never happen but wouldn`t it be good just for twenty minutes.