Sign in to follow this  
hogesar

The Board - Determined and United?

Just thought i''d put out an alternative to the similarly named thread.

Whilst i''m not confident Alex Neil is the right man to turn it around and i''m not sure his answers will have done him any favours with the playing squad, there were seemingly positives to take from last night (albeit from a distance as I weren''t there).

1) Alex Neil wasn''t fed to the wolves. The board clearly back him and whilst it can change in a flash I think that front was important as to not undermine him for our upcoming game on Saturday, irrespective of anything else.

2) A united board. I think everyone felt they spoke well, whether they liked the content or not is another thing. I think everyone seemed to come across honest and frank about the club, and their determination to see us back in the Premier League.

3) Passion. One thing you can never claim against Delia & the current board is they''re not passionate NCFC fans. I think that was clear from Ed as well, and Ricky has a long-term history with our club whilst Tom is also clearly a big Norwich fan. Does this make them qualified? Nope. Does it make me like them more? Yep.

If ''promotion, promotion, promotion'' are the aims then I dont think Neil is as secure as some people think

Yes they back him, if not he would have been sacked already.

But I think this weekend may be key in Alex Neils career at NCFC. Win, draw or at least put in a solid performance where we aren''t shambolic at the back & he should earn some respite. Another no show or poor performance with no signs of change & we will likely be outside of the playoffs which clearly doesn''t fit with the ''promotion, promotion, promotion''

[quote user="pete"]Keep trotting out the Clapper diatribe.[/quote]Please respect other people''s opinions pete, thats what we have to do here.

Look up ''diatribe'' in the dictionary Pete-I think it''s the exact opposite of what you actually meant 🙄🙄🙄