Sign in to follow this  
Dean Coneys boots

Downward spiral since Bowkett and DM left...

I believe McNally needed to leave when he did because certain things had gone to far and I think he lost a plot a while before his eventual departure.

However, the vacuum his departure left has been damaging and Moxey''s head below the parapet approach so far and the brief soundbites we have had from him worry me that he is perhaps not as ruthless and prepared to lead as his predecessor which is what we need right at this moment. Whatever his faults McNally had the trust of Delia and MWJ who would let him make tough decisions when needed.

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]The trouble is most of us on here do not know what goes on behind the scenes ie how effective they were and the real circumstances as to their departures. I agree what we are left with hardly inspires confidence[/quote]

You could tell us.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]I believe McNally needed to leave when he did because certain things had gone to far and I think he lost a plot a while before his eventual departure.

However, the vacuum his departure left has been damaging and Moxey''s head below the parapet approach so far and the brief soundbites we have had from him worry me that he is perhaps not as ruthless and prepared to lead as his predecessor which is what we need right at this moment. Whatever his faults McNally had the trust of Delia and MWJ who would let him make tough decisions when needed.[/quote]Care to expand?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Jim Smith"]I believe McNally needed to leave when he did because certain things had gone to far and I think he lost a plot a while before his eventual departure.

However, the vacuum his departure left has been damaging and Moxey''s head below the parapet approach so far and the brief soundbites we have had from him worry me that he is perhaps not as ruthless and prepared to lead as his predecessor which is what we need right at this moment. Whatever his faults McNally had the trust of Delia and MWJ who would let him make tough decisions when needed.[/quote]Care to expand?[/quote]Only certain posters know those certain things Morty. [;)]

[quote user="lappinitup"]Only certain posters know those certain things Morty. [;)][/quote]

An Inner Circle secret[;)]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Jim Smith"]I believe McNally needed to leave when he did because certain things had gone to far and I think he lost a plot a while before his eventual departure.

However, the vacuum his departure left has been damaging and Moxey''s head below the parapet approach so far and the brief soundbites we have had from him worry me that he is perhaps not as ruthless and prepared to lead as his predecessor which is what we need right at this moment. Whatever his faults McNally had the trust of Delia and MWJ who would let him make tough decisions when needed.[/quote]Care to expand?[/quote]Only certain posters know those certain things Morty. [;)][/quote][:D]I think we have enough going on right now, theres no need to be making stuff up!

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Jim Smith"]I believe McNally needed to leave when he did because certain things had gone to far and I think he lost a plot a while before his eventual departure.

However, the vacuum his departure left has been damaging and Moxey''s head below the parapet approach so far and the brief soundbites we have had from him worry me that he is perhaps not as ruthless and prepared to lead as his predecessor which is what we need right at this moment. Whatever his faults McNally had the trust of Delia and MWJ who would let him make tough decisions when needed.[/quote]Care to expand?[/quote]

McNasty left when he did because he knew he had taken the club as far as he could without any daddysugar director putting money into the club.

You cannot survive in the EPL these days without daddysugaring because everyone in the league gets the broadcasting dough so that gives you no competitive advantage whatsoever.

The Stowmarket Two have been content simply to use the EPL dough to pay off the debts and prepare for life back in the Championship.

The Pinto signing was a classic example of preparing for life back in the Championship for he sure isn''t an EPL defender, nor a Championship one either going on the evidence so far.

[quote user="Big Vince"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Jim Smith"]I believe McNally needed to leave when he did because certain things had gone to far and I think he lost a plot a while before his eventual departure.

However, the vacuum his departure left has been damaging and Moxey''s head below the parapet approach so far and the brief soundbites we have had from him worry me that he is perhaps not as ruthless and prepared to lead as his predecessor which is what we need right at this moment. Whatever his faults McNally had the trust of Delia and MWJ who would let him make tough decisions when needed.[/quote]Care to expand?[/quote]

McNasty left when he did because he knew he had taken the club as far as he could without any daddysugar director putting money into the club.

You cannot survive in the EPL these days without daddysugaring because everyone in the league gets the broadcasting dough so that gives you no competitive advantage whatsoever.

The Stowmarket Two have been content simply to use the EPL dough to pay off the debts and prepare for life back in the Championship.

The Pinto signing was a classic example of preparing for life back in the Championship for he sure isn''t an EPL defender, nor a Championship one either going on the evidence so far.[/quote]

So what you''re saying is that you don''t know either.

I''m not making any stuff up but by the same token I''m not really in a position to evidence certain things (most of which were covered by others on threads on here at the time) on a message board. I am really just saying that for a variety of reasons I think the time was right for him to move on and for a fresh broom.

Whether we have got the right sort of fresh broom in now (having got in on of Delia''s mate''s right hand men whose record at Wolves was patchy) is another matter and I guess only time will tell. It also looks as if its taking a bit of time to build back up some of the supporting infrastructure at the club that was eroded under the previous regime.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Who was Delias mate at Wolves?[/quote]

Delia''s mate at Wolves (although she has a bit of a dig at him in that Times interview) was Steve Morgan and Moxey was his right hand man there for years. I suspect that''s one of the reasons he came to be a front runner for our position once it became clear he was on his way out of Wolves after their takeover.

The irony of course being that he presumably helped find a new buyer for that club.............

I''ve never heard that before Jimbo. Steve Morgan was a

Alan Bowkett''s mate and a lot was made of that in 2009 after Wolves were promoted, we were relegated and Bowkett became Chairman.

I hate to ask this when you''re having a tough time, but did you make it up.....

Well documented that Steve Morgan and Delia are mates Nutty. Google their names together if you don''t believe it. She''s mentioned him in several interviews and vice versa.

And surely Alan Bowkett was chairman of Redrow and that was the connection. I certainly don''t remember Steve Morgan being matey with anyone at Norwich before 2009.

When Roger Munby was still chairman, I had the good fortune to have an invite to the boardroom when we played Liverpool (Ryan Jarvis) scored, and I met Steve Morgan, who was there as Delia''s guest as was a certain Mr Alan Hansen.

Nutty, not sure what Bowkett''s role was with Redrow, but is it possible that Steve Morgan could have introduced him to Delia ?

John Tutte who joined the Board of Redrow in July 2002. In September 2009 he was promoted to Group Managing Director and in July 2014 became Group Chief Executive, Tutte has been Morgans right hand man for some time..

If I got the connection wrong I apologise. But Alan Bowkett was chairman of Redrow. And in 2009 much was made of the contrasting fortunes of us and Wolves. Bowkett talked of it in one of his first interviews as chairman.

Morgan was a Liverpool shareholder who tried to buy the club. Probably at the same time as Jarvis scored that stunner.

Nutty

"If I got the connection wrong I apologise. But Alan Bowkett was chairman of Redrow. And in 2009 much was made of the contrasting fortunes of us and Wolves. Bowkett talked of it in one of his first interviews as chairman.

Morgan was a Liverpool shareholder who tried to buy the club. Probably at the same time as Jarvis scored that stunner. "

You may or maybe not got the connection wrong, I know he was there as I spoke to him, as he was actually a customer of my company at the time ( I worked for, not owned!) It was in the months / year before that match he tried to buy Liverpool, but the football pools family would not sell to him, but he was a huge Reds fan, and the reason I remember it so well was the Ryan Jarvis goal.

He was definitely a Liverpool shareholder at the time and is Liverpool through and through. i always thought it strange that he then bought Wolves. And of course within a couple of years of them in the prem and us in league one the whole thing had reversed. Imagine if that had been us and D&M were fans of another club?

Anyway, regardless of all that the idea that just because Delia has good contacts it''s some kind of disadvantage is ridiculous. Football is still very much a closed shop like that. If you don''t have those contacts it''s going to be a real old struggle. McNally came here after being recommended by a contact. Or friend.

[quote user="lappinitup"]It''s all here.........http://www.lowestoftjournal.co.uk/news/shareholders_group_demand_answers_1_510617[/quote]In the light of Delia''s latest interview some interesting quotes from an official club statement and Delia herself with regard to investment by individuals and standing down if someone came along. How things have turned about face since 2009.Blimey i see i get a mention. [:$]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Man at M&S......[/quote]Indeed Nutty,indeed. Always happy to promote the brand and as i may have told you fashion may change but style remains the same whilst maintaining maximum style with minimum effort. [:P]

Yorkshire Canary

The trouble is most of us on here do not know what goes on behind the scenes ie how effective they were and the real circumstances as to their departures. I agree what we are left with hardly inspires confidence.

And that is the truth of the matter!