Sign in to follow this  
daly

Colney out of date

We were told by McNally that we were updating Colney as the facility was completely out of date and any footballer who requires hairdos, pampering, having their balls rubbed by some illegal Thai immigrant would not think of signing for City,

That is now history now and they have to train in an environment that obviously affects their performance on match days

PS Jez Know you are new here in Norfolk but it''s Coney not COLENEY as you pronounced it at the AGM

Colney was updated, just not to Jez''s standards. Moxey has an eye for fine detail. trust me by the time he''s finished with Colney it will be listed as a Unesco world heritage site.

[quote user="True Grit"]Colney was updated, just not to Jez''s standards. Moxey has an eye for fine detail. trust me by the time he''s finished with Colney it will be listed as a Unesco world heritage site.[/quote]Ah......but will it ooze quiet understated minimalism or will it shout '' look at me '' bling that even Trump would steer clear of ? I think we should be told [;)]

Having been to places such as Chelsea and Man city I can confirm Colney is light years behind in terms of infrastructure but personally I like the fact that our first team mix with the youngsters, which they don''t elsewhere and I think it is good for all concerned that they do, for all sorts of reasons. That said could the facilities be improved, yes they could but it''s not the be all and end all for me, and any player with any emotional intelligence would, imo understand that.

I feel unbelievably sorry for our poor players...

I''m sure they would be walking this league if they had the 200 million pound Etihad Campus to work with.

I remember the plaudits we got back in the day from people like Koeman about how good Colney was and how it was being run in a similar manner to the setup at Ajax, which I personally thought was fantastic.Sadly we''ve never really seen the top players come through like they have over there, the facilities have clearly dated somewhat over the years, but outside of the very top clubs, I''d argue it''s surely still more than good enough for any semi-decent prem level team, never mind champs side.