Sign in to follow this  
dibbler

The Board - Deluded and Blinkered

Id just like to put on record that I enjoy being a happy clapper and if it provokes the moaning minnies I enjoy it even more 💛💚👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

[quote user="morty"]What can I say?I have a low tolerance for people who say stupid things.Its a terrible affliction.[:(][/quote]

So everyone else who doesn''t agree with you is stupid and you''re always right.

That''s a bit sad.

We all support NCFC and we need to have a discussion on NCFC topics without the constant put downs and digs.

It''s all a bit childish and probably why it''s only the same people that constantly post on here..

Anyway I wish you well fella...

Not in the slightest Mike, I welcome reasoned, sensible debate about Norwich City.

Which happens occasionally here.....

[quote user="TCCANARY"][quote user="lake district canary"] An honest approach/appraisal of both sides of the equation would have been more welcome imo. [/quote]If the approach isn''t honest then you''re implying it dishonest.[/quote]

Fair do''s, but that''s the trouble with spin - it''s not exactly dishonesty, it''s just an exercise in to keep people sweet.  The more clever the spin, the less I like it.  Better not to say anything imo, than out a message that is one sided and plainly flawed.  We are going to be in the poo financially if we don''t get promotion this season or next and that was glossed over, imo.  I get that we need a positive approach, but political spin style uber positive messages ignoring the possible down side don''t wash with me.

I think the Board are probably very nice and decent people and have ironically made successes of their lives in other ventures. In respect of NCFC they alas are totally out of their depth and we seem to swing from one crisis to another with the odd period of relative success. Many have followed their fate with other clubs, where i do have sympathy is that they do really care and are supporters but alas that just isnt enough

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]I think the Board are probably very nice and decent people and have ironically made successes of their lives in other ventures. In respect of NCFC they alas are totally out of their depth and we seem to swing from one crisis to another with the odd period of relative success. Many have followed their fate with other clubs, where i do have sympathy is that they do really care and are supporters but alas that just isnt enough[/quote]
So you don''t think they''ve been successful here then? What do you measure that on Yorkie?

No I don''t think they have been successful. For 20 years or so from the early 70s Norwich were predominantly a top flight club with odd relegations the last 20 years or so has been the other way around 5 in the top flight. There have been opportunities to kick on and not taken. True things could have been worse and we could have fallen through the divisions. 5/10 for me and this season could be significant as to where the next few will go

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="TCCANARY"][quote user="lake district canary"] An honest approach/appraisal of both sides of the equation would have been more welcome imo. [/quote]If the approach isn''t honest then you''re implying it dishonest.[/quote]

Fair do''s, but that''s the trouble with spin - it''s not exactly dishonesty, it''s just an exercise in to keep people sweet.  The more clever the spin, the less I like it.  Better not to say anything imo, than out a message that is one sided and plainly flawed.  We are going to be in the poo financially if we don''t get promotion this season or next and that was glossed over, imo.  I get that we need a positive approach, but political spin style uber positive messages ignoring the possible down side don''t wash with me.

[/quote]
Problem is Lakey, it''s an AGM. It wouldn''t be much of an AGM if all members of the board arrived, sat down, and never spoke.

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]No I don''t think they have been successful. For 20 years or so from the early 70s Norwich were predominantly a top flight club with odd relegations the last 20 years or so has been the other way around 5 in the top flight. There have been opportunities to kick on and not taken. True things could have been worse and we could have fallen through the divisions. 5/10 for me and this season could be significant as to where the next few will go[/quote]
I don''t quite see it that way and I suspect you''re set up for continual disappointment. I tend to compare us with other clubs like us. But if you want to compare us to the sides we regularly played against in the 70s they included ipswich, Wolves, Derby, Nottingham Forest, Birmingham, Sheffield Utd, Coventry, Crystal Palace, Burnley, QPR, Bristol City.......
Biggest problem is still the fact that there''s only 20 places available in the PL and at least 40 clubs fans who measure there success the way you do.

Yes I agree with that and perhaps we will all need to learn again to reduce our expectations. For family reasons my second team is Carlisle and by and large over the same period they have gone between league 1 and conference and would be in heaven to get near the championship.

Comparing us with the teams Nutty mentions we have done quite well. Arguably better. But the days have gone when you develop young English talent under the guidance of a good manager and produce a good entertaining football team. Nowadays its all simply about MONEY !!

I agree with Diane.

It''s embarrassing for a bloke who spent months on end belittling the Pinkun and singing the praises of the MortyTalk.com for these exact reasons.

What happened to sensible discussion Morty?

I think there''s a difference between ambition and expectation. Our ambition should be to spend every season in the EPL. Our expectation perhaps not. Yorkie, Vos and me have probably suffered enough disappointment to understand that reality. As have the fans of all those other clubs including some at the top table at the moment. It''s a sobering thought that three teams relegated from the PL each season is a reality.
Vos, loved your question and the good natured way you put it. Sorry we didn''t get to speak after. 

Barring blantant trolls it would be nice if you respected everybody Morty...

If we all agreed with each other there wouldn''t be much room for "discussion"

You''ve always posted with a sense of arrogance but just lately it''s becoming rather annoying to read.

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]No I don''t think they have been successful. For 20 years or so from the early 70s Norwich were predominantly a top flight club with odd relegations the last 20 years or so has been the other way around 5 in the top flight. There have been opportunities to kick on and not taken. True things could have been worse and we could have fallen through the divisions. 5/10 for me and this season could be significant as to where the next few will go[/quote]

This is pretty much my feeling, I''m not saying that the current board haven''t had good intentions, but I believe personal feelings get in the way of the best for the club going forward.

Lots of people hate Chase yet in reality he was a successful owner.

Last night just goes to prove that the board really doesn''t have a clue about football management. We are not getting promoted with the current set up.

The most important thing is surely to bring in a defensive coach ASAP!

On a separate point why would introducing standing areas reduce capacity?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]I think there''s a difference between ambition and expectation. Our ambition should be to spend every season in the EPL. Our expectation perhaps not. Yorkie, Vos and me have probably suffered enough disappointment to understand that reality. As have the fans of all those other clubs including some at the top table at the moment. It''s a sobering thought that three teams relegated from the PL each season is a reality.
Vos, loved your question and the good natured way you put it. Sorry we didn''t get to speak after. 
[/quote]

Nutty. I was reliably informed you were about but could not find you. I suppose by now you have your own private room to chat to Delia !! Anyway I can see from your posts that you are in could form. I am glad that you thought my question was good natured. Obviously I had intended to be light hearted but some comments have suggested Alex was not amused. It is so easy to be cynical and just criticise. But it is so frustrating to continually watch our poor quality in carrying out the basics in football and I get wound up after sitting listening to millions of pounds being thrown around yet the Board cannot even treat us to a cup of tea. You have to take it out on someone now and again.

[quote user="vos"][quote user="nutty nigel"]I think there''s a difference between ambition and expectation. Our ambition should be to spend every season in the EPL. Our expectation perhaps not. Yorkie, Vos and me have probably suffered enough disappointment to understand that reality. As have the fans of all those other clubs including some at the top table at the moment. It''s a sobering thought that three teams relegated from the PL each season is a reality.
[/quote]

Nutty. I was reliably informed you were about but could not find you. I suppose by now you have your own private room to chat to Delia !! Anyway I can see from your posts that you are in could form. I am glad that you thought my question was good natured. Obviously I had intended to be light hearted but some comments have suggested Alex was not amused. It is so easy to be cynical and just criticise. But it is so frustrating to continually watch our poor quality in carrying out the basics in football and I get wound up after sitting listening to millions of pounds being thrown around yet the Board cannot even treat us to a cup of tea. You have to take it out on someone now and again.[/quote]
It''s the manner you asked the question VOS. So many get all belligerent and haughty and I never think it''s needed when we''re all on the same side. After all said and done I don''t think anyone could make a case for "them & us" at a shareholders meeting.
Didn''t get to speak to Delia. Haven''t for a long time and she never sends me cakes anymore. But I move with the times and had a long chat with Tom. I sent him on here to look at Rays Funds! He was really interested to be fair. I''ll make a PUP out of him yet....
Oh and I wished Alex good luck and congratulated Ricky on behalf of all this message boards posters..... 

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="vos"][quote user="nutty nigel"]I think there''s a difference between ambition and expectation. Our ambition should be to spend every season in the EPL. Our expectation perhaps not. Yorkie, Vos and me have probably suffered enough disappointment to understand that reality. As have the fans of all those other clubs including some at the top table at the moment. It''s a sobering thought that three teams relegated from the PL each season is a reality.

[/quote]

Nutty. I was reliably informed you were about but could not find you. I suppose by now you have your own private room to chat to Delia !! Anyway I can see from your posts that you are in could form. I am glad that you thought my question was good natured. Obviously I had intended to be light hearted but some comments have suggested Alex was not amused. It is so easy to be cynical and just criticise. But it is so frustrating to continually watch our poor quality in carrying out the basics in football and I get wound up after sitting listening to millions of pounds being thrown around yet the Board cannot even treat us to a cup of tea. You have to take it out on someone now and again.[/quote]
It''s the manner you asked the question VOS. So many get all belligerent and haughty and I never think it''s needed when we''re all on the same side. After all said and done I don''t think anyone could make a case for "them & us" at a shareholders meeting.
Didn''t get to speak to Delia. Haven''t for a long time and she never sends me cakes anymore. But I move with the times and had a long chat with Tom. I sent him on here to look at Rays Funds! He was really interested to be fair. I''ll make a PUP out of him yet....
Oh and I wished Alex good luck and congratulated Ricky on behalf of all this message boards posters.....
[/quote]

Of course if I am to succeed with my aim of getting Tom on board there may be a problem with that "little misunderstanding" about the 90 grand and "we all know who that went to". Maybe best to say nothing and hope he didn''t notice....

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Of course if I am to succeed with my aim of getting Tom on board there may be a problem with that "little misunderstanding" about the 90 grand and "we all know who that went to". Maybe best to say nothing and hope he didn''t notice....[/quote]Just remember that this may well crop up yet again at next years AGM as the books were closed at 30th June and Moxey did not pitch up until September so there will be another 3 months to account for. Maybe it was Tom''s turn to job share from 1st July ? [;)]

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]Yes I agree with that and perhaps we will all need to learn again to reduce our expectations. For family reasons my second team is Carlisle and by and large over the same period they have gone between league 1 and conference and would be in heaven to get near the championship.[/quote]Well you must have enjoyed the day they sat on top of the First Division with 6 points after 3 games in the 1974/75 season YC.( probably best not to mention where they were on the last day [:D] )