Sign in to follow this  
Jim Smith

My final word on sacking Neil

Having had time to digest last nights events and listened to the interviews with our chairman and CEO I feel I have to accept that Neil is not going to be sacked in the near future. The board are digging in and his performance suggested that he feels his position is secure. This being the case, and with us all being fans, I think that all we can do is cross our fingers and hope that he somehow manages to discover as yet unseen skills and abilities and manages to turn this around somehow and start winning games. I don''t want us to lose games and I don''t want this season to deteriorate any further.

I therefore pledge that I will not be starting any more threads or making any more posts calling for the managers head and am crossing my fingers that we can get back to winning ways on Saturday. I will comment on team selections and tactics but I think I have made my position clear on the manager from very early on this season and have been consistent. I think he should have been removed already and is not a good manager. It will take an awful lot to make me change those views but ultimately I want my team to be promoted this season and if Neil can achieve that I (like all of us) will be happy and also happy to eat some humble pie.

Perhaps in return Morty can pledge not to be contrary on every single thread ever posted!

A defeat to Derby and a poor result and/or performance against Brentford and I think they will have very little choice to remove him as I''d guess most of the home fans will have had enough by then.

A win on Saturday and he still has sufficient backing to turn it around.

Good post fella... like you said I hope he can fine a solution to us leaking goals and therefore winning a few more.

Fair enough Jim.  If I owned the club, he would have gone by now, but I don''t.  I hope he turns it around - maybe he can, but IMO he''s had long enough to improve things, you only get so long and there is no sign he is capable of doing it. The weaknesses have been evident for quite a while, it''s not a blip.

I wouldn''t view it as eating humble pie because I''d love it for him to come good, just like we sometimes see it with a player who''s struggled and then settled in.  Unfortunately with AN I think he''s "lost the dressing room" as the cliché has it and you rarely see a manager come back from that.

Yes he clearly has the support of the owners, but we all know in football that there''s a tipping point, and it can go from a vote of confidence on Friday to being sacked on Sunday.

But I do want either a sustained improvement starting Saturday, or for him to be gone soon.  The worst case is a Hughton-type scenario where he gets the odd result which is enough to keep him in the job until it''s too late for the season.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]Having had time to digest last nights events and listened to the interviews with our chairman and CEO I feel I have to accept that Neil is not going to be sacked in the near future. The board are digging in and his performance suggested that he feels his position is secure. This being the case, and with us all being fans, I think that all we can do is cross our fingers and hope that he somehow manages to discover as yet unseen skills and abilities and manages to turn this around somehow and start winning games. I don''t want us to lose games and I don''t want this season to deteriorate any further.

I therefore pledge that I will not be starting any more threads or making any more posts calling for the managers head and am crossing my fingers that we can get back to winning ways on Saturday. I will comment on team selections and tactics but I think I have made my position clear on the manager from very early on this season and have been consistent. I think he should have been removed already and is not a good manager. It will take an awful lot to make me change those views but ultimately I want my team to be promoted this season and if Neil can achieve that I (like all of us) will be happy and also happy to eat some humble pie.

Perhaps in return Morty can pledge not to be contrary on every single thread ever posted![/quote]Nah.

Results will have the final word on the future of Alex Neil. I wished him good luck last night and meant it. Rickyyyyyy will tell you that they all run out of road in the end. The board ultimately get to decide when that is. 
Look on the bright side Jimbo. If you were allowed to decide you''d lose the right to moan about it afterwards,.......

Yes they all run out of road in the end but I reckon AN still has a bit of tarmac left.

Will he find the turning before going over the edge? Interesting times as ever with NCFC.

I care ibs! I want to know what morty thinks. I don''t think AN will turn it around though Iwould love to be proved wrong so I don''t waste another hundred and fifty quid and best part of a day on satdee. I don''t think he has the experience to do it and despite mort saying he was manager of the month and a win is a win the manner of those wins and the teams we beat did not really convey how well we were playing. If he does turn it around it will be a helluva feat.

I just wonder what you expected the board to say at the AGM. Of course they had to back the manager even if they realise that one week , two down the line they may sack him. They couldn''t stand up and say well things are not going well & unless things improve Alex will be gone. Whether he should already be gone is a mute point.

[quote user="Year of the tiger"]I just wonder what you expected the board to say at the AGM. Of course they had to back the manager even if they realise that one week , two down the line they may sack him. They couldn''t stand up and say well things are not going well & unless things improve Alex will be gone. Whether he should already be gone is a mute point.[/quote]

Its not just what they said at the AGM (which as you say was probably predictable) but the way they said it, the general vibe around Neil and how he responded to fans, the two recent interviews with Moxey, the interview with Balls and of course the Times interview. I just feel that they are not coming out with soundbites backing the manager because that''s what clubs do I think they genuinely feel and believe what they are saying and that he''s a talented manager. I fundamentally disagree with them but ultimately there is nothing I can really do about it so I don''t want it to continue to detract from my experience of watching my team. The anger gets destructive after a while and I am going to try and chill out and let events take their course. What will be will be.

Mind you if he does not select Wes on Saturday...........

[quote user="ricardo"]I feel sure Morty will respect that, Jim.[/quote]I completely respect his opinion.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="ricardo"]I feel sure Morty will respect that, Jim.[/quote]I completely respect his opinion.[/quote]
Morty, you are a raging smellfungus.

[quote user="Loopzilla"][quote user="morty"][quote user="ricardo"]I feel sure Morty will respect that, Jim.[/quote]I completely respect his opinion.[/quote]
[/quote]I respect your opinion.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Loopzilla"][quote user="morty"][quote user="ricardo"]I feel sure Morty will respect that, Jim.[/quote]I completely respect his opinion.[/quote]
[/quote]I respect your opinion.[/quote]
I concur...