Sign in to follow this  
City 2nd

What! No wonder defence is ***!

Most teams these days have a team of coaches that cover multiple if not all aspects, rather than a coach with a specific role and we are no different to this

I''m struggling to see what any of our coaches do Tbf. What has changed since Irvine has replaced Holt ? We''ve actually got worse !

Aj

Exactly how I understand it

This "defensive coach thing is b0llocks

You just have coaches

The last defensive coach I can recall was lawrenson at toon,. Anyone want him??

You don''t have to have a defensive coach. However if you have an obvious weakness there you would hope you have one one on the Staff who can make an impact there. I''m pretty sure that''s a huge part of why Steve Bould is at Arsenal.

The question of a defensive coach was one of those where the answer was obviously known before the question was asked.

The purpose of it being asked in a very public way in front of the Directors, was obviously to express dismay at the lack of progress defensively, and that the buck stops with AN.

Had the question been asked in a different setting then the answer would have been slightly less polite.

Bottom line is that unless we stop shipping goals pdq then AN will be looking for new job. There are managers around who are known to be able to coach a defense.

How does neil expect to rectify the defensive shortcomings? I don''t know and unfortunately nor does he. Perhaps a £10m CB from the continent who plays well for three games gets injured and then loses interest perhaps not. There is dearth of decent CB''s in football and the chance of City unearthing one is highly unlikely.

[quote user="pete"]How does neil expect to rectify the defensive shortcomings? I don''t know and unfortunately nor does he. Perhaps a £10m CB from the continent who plays well for three games gets injured and then loses interest perhaps not. There is dearth of decent CB''s in football and the chance of City unearthing one is highly unlikely.[/quote]Name them pete.Put all the names in an email to the club.

[quote user="Number 9"]The question of a defensive coach was one of those where the answer was obviously known before the question was asked.

The purpose of it being asked in a very public way in front of the Directors, was obviously to express dismay at the lack of progress defensively, and that the buck stops with AN.

Had the question been asked in a different setting then the answer would have been slightly less polite.

Bottom line is that unless we stop shipping goals pdq then AN will be looking for new job. There are managers around who are known to be able to coach a defense.[/quote]
Is there a particular reason all these managers are available then?